The Biden Presidency 2022

August 10th, 2022 at 3:34:41 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
It should be called 'The Inflation Production Act'.

The increased taxes on fossil fuels and the 15% minimum corporate tax, discourage investment in exploration and drilling, and discourages investment in research and development for innovation and new competitive products.

In addition to forcing corporations to flee the country, this bill guarantees a reduction in supply and an increase in inflation.

The bill will have the government setting the price of medicines, which discourages investment in the development of new medicines.

Biden forgets he just shook Schumer's Hand

Can't even figure out how to put on his jacket, and keep his glasses on his face. The one elected to end 'climate change' and fix the economy, that he ruined.

Real wages today, are below what they were in 2019, and 3.6% below what they were twelve months ago.
August 10th, 2022 at 12:37:20 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tanko

The increased taxes on fossil fuels and the 15% minimum corporate tax, discourage investment in exploration and drilling, and discourages investment in research and development for innovation and new competitive products.

In addition to forcing corporations to flee the country, this bill guarantees a reduction in supply and an increase in inflation.

The bill will have the government setting the price of medicines, which discourages investment in the development of new medicines.

Can't even figure out how to put on his jacket, and keep his glasses on his face. The one elected to end 'climate change' and fix the economy, that he ruined.

Real wages today, are below what they were in 2019, and 3.6% below what they were twelve months ago.

That they actually called it the inflation reduction act is what can only be deemed ‘high comedy’. How freaking stupid do the Democrats think we are? We are going to increase taxes on big corporations and that will make inflation go down? Like big corporations won’t raise prices to make up for their increased cost (taxes) or doing business?

Please just call it the ‘we are adding 700 billion to the national debt’ bill.
August 10th, 2022 at 12:48:31 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Quote: Tanko

That they actually called it the inflation reduction act is what can only be deemed ‘high comedy’. How freaking stupid do the Democrats think we are? We are going to increase taxes on big corporations and that will make inflation go down? Like big corporations won’t raise prices to make up for their increased cost (taxes) or doing business?

Please just call it the ‘we are adding 700 billion to the national debt’ bill.

It's an investment in America that will pay off with a stronger economy
Wall Street is buying it. I'm buying it.
Market is doing great today
I used to care about the deficit but both parties spend.
No difference in deficit policy with either party.
So I vote for Dems because of social issues, pro choice and pro gay marriage and support separation of church and state.
I care a lot more about the stock market these days then the deficit as the comfort of my retirement depends on the market.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 10th, 2022 at 2:06:42 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined

It's an investment in America that will pay off with a stronger economy
Wall Street is buying it. I'm buying it.
Market is doing great today
I used to care about the deficit but both parties spend.
No difference in deficit policy with either party.
So I vote for Dems because of social issues, pro choice and pro gay marriage and support separation of church and state.
I care a lot more about the stock market these days then the deficit as the comfort of my retirement depends on the market.

It may be a good bill but I haven't read it yet. It is just the name "inflation reduction act" that is a farce.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 10th, 2022 at 2:35:44 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
“Inflation reduction act” is a much better name than “build back better.”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 10th, 2022 at 2:57:43 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
“Inflation reduction act” is a much better name than “build back better.”

I disagree because it is misleading.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 10th, 2022 at 3:17:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: DRich

How much more inflation are you willing to stake your reputation on from where we are now?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 10th, 2022 at 4:02:27 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich

It's paid for
That's the great thing about this bill
Below is from a fortune.com article
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/historic-inflation-reduction-act-means-141851895.html

How it’s paid for
The IRA—which costs around $433 billion—raises an estimated $739 billion, a third of which comes from lower prescription drug costs.

It is also paid for by a 15% minimum tax on some corporations with yearly profits above $1 billion starting in 2023, as well as a 1% tax on stock buybacks and expanded IRS tax collection efforts to reduce the so-called tax gap, or how much tax is owed and how much is actually collected.

The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget estimates that the IRA will reduce the federal deficit by $1.9 trillion over two decades.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 10th, 2022 at 4:33:11 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
It's paid for
That's the great thing about this bill
Below is from a fortune.com article
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/historic-inflation-reduction-act-means-141851895.html

How it’s paid for
The IRA—which costs around $433 billion—raises an estimated $739 billion, a third of which comes from lower prescription drug costs.

It is also paid for by a 15% minimum tax on some corporations with yearly profits above $1 billion starting in 2023, as well as a 1% tax on stock buybacks and expanded IRS tax collection efforts to reduce the so-called tax gap, or how much tax is owed and how much is actually collected.

The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget estimates that the IRA will reduce the federal deficit by $1.9 trillion over two decades.

Yeah, and a lot of people are discounting the Medicare cap on drugs, this is huge. It will gain the government far more than it costs.
Everyone complaining about the cost does not realize the revenue.
August 10th, 2022 at 4:45:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Gandler
Yeah, and a lot of people are discounting the Medicare cap on drugs, this is huge. It will gain the government far more than it costs.
Everyone complaining about the cost does not realize the revenue.

I don't know if you saw them where you are but pharma has been running scare ads against any attempt to control prices.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?