The Amy Schneider thread

Page 2 of 13<12345>Last »
January 10th, 2022 at 12:56:44 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
In my day they always did. Men did better on any multiple choice test and they always got done faster. Feminists complained for years that the test was "biased." They kept demanding tweaks to the test until things got evened out.

It is definitely unfair to make multiple choice questions to have the answers to be "C", "D", or "E" as those are lower on the list and might be obstructed by breasts in females; Makes sense to me.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 10th, 2022 at 12:57:14 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I'm happy to root for Amy

but I am not pleased to hear that someone is touting Amy as a record-breaker in the women's category. No sir.

something my wife heard would indicate Amy did not start that, though I can't cite it

there is one redeeming quality for this phenom of bio-men breaking women's records, but the downside is the wrong people can get targeted. The ones I would want to get targeted and clobbered by this are the women who want girls to compete in certain sports with boys, for instance wrestling, while being unable, as a fact of the matter, to compete there as these kids get older.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 10th, 2022 at 1:37:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
This issue bothers the record keepers but it doesn't bother me.

Rules changes over the years for major sports always potentially effect the outcome and therefore the stats. Changing a helmet in football can change how many players stay in or got out in a season. Or requiring a player to go get a scan after a potential concussion, when he might have stayed on the field

The real problem with transgender issue are things like awarding grants or scholarships. For instance if women are edged out in sports scholarship where there are very limited awards.

There's a real issue someone can solve.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 10th, 2022 at 1:52:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
This issue bothers the record keepers but it doesn't bother me.

Rules changes over the years for major sports always potentially effect the outcome and therefore the stats. Changing a helmet in football can change how many players stay in or got out in a season. Or requiring a player to go get a scan after a potential concussion, when he might have stayed on the field

The real problem with transgender issue are things like awarding grants or scholarships. For instance if women are edged out in sports scholarship where there are very limited awards.

There's a real issue someone can solve.

Simple to solve. You compete in the sport of your gender, not your "claimed" gender.
The President is a fink.
January 10th, 2022 at 2:27:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Simple to solve. You compete in the sport of your gender, not your "claimed" gender.

Well, you're the one who said gays have the right to marry as long as it's heterosexual, so your easy solution is not surprising anyway.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 10th, 2022 at 2:42:44 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Well, you're the one who said gays have the right to marry as long as it's heterosexual, so your easy solution is not surprising anyway.

Something is wrong or unusual to say that you should compete as your birth assigned gender when there are gender specific sports?

A child can understand that.
The President is a fink.
January 10th, 2022 at 3:06:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Something is wrong or unusual to say that you should compete as your birth assigned gender when there are gender specific sports?

The only thing wrong is making the sport issues more important than the people issues.

January 10th, 2022 at 3:10:03 PM permalink
rxwine
So far as I know, the best poker gamblers are still men. But that's still a meaningless stat until you've shown enough women have been interested in competing.
January 10th, 2022 at 3:10:32 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

Wrong, just ignore gender completely and everyone competes in the same arena. The best wins no matter the gender.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 10th, 2022 at 3:12:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Same with chess. How many women have been competing compared to men over the ages. Until an equal number, I don't think you can saying anything worthwhile
Page 2 of 13<12345>Last »