The Amy Schneider thread

Page 11 of 13« First<8910111213>
January 13th, 2022 at 7:07:16 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I agree with your perspective, as well as the fact that it's going to be them who need to take up the mantle on this one. Unfortunately, for them, it basically means taking a position against those who (for most of them) they would generally support, but the argument is practical (as you said) and not cultural, social or personal.

Sometimes, a position is just a fundamentally indefensible position. I should like to think that everyone is not hunkered down so deeply in their political entrenchments that they feel the need to take up indefensible positions...but, cancel culture, so who knows?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 13th, 2022 at 3:43:30 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
It's sure as hell not going to make up the difference in bone mass in that time.

Socially, I'm a person who is pretty naturally inclined to do the most liberal thing...which I basically equate to freedom, when it comes to social issues. I didn't necessarily want to come to this conclusion regarding transgender men-to-women in sports, but it's so simple as to, in my view, be totally undeniable. It's not even about equality, at this point---it's about forcing their emotional beliefs and delusions on others. Equality is you can play any sport you want to, and if you were born with a cock-a-doodle-doo, you can...with the other boys and men.

I think you are making the perfect case for equality. If a TG wants to play womens sports the XX has the choice of playing or not. People have the choice whether to watch and support. What could be more equal and fair than that?

I personally hope a bull of a women just crushed the TG, but TG has a right to play.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 13th, 2022 at 3:48:36 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
It's sure as hell not going to make up the difference in bone mass in that time.

Socially, I'm a person who is pretty naturally inclined to do the most liberal thing...which I basically equate to freedom, when it comes to social issues. I didn't necessarily want to come to this conclusion regarding transgender men-to-women in sports, but it's so simple as to, in my view, be totally undeniable. It's not even about equality, at this point---it's about forcing their emotional beliefs and delusions on others. Equality is you can play any sport you want to, and if you were born with a cock-a-doodle-doo, you can...with the other boys and men.

I think you are making the perfect case for equality. If a TG wants to play womens sports the XX has the choice of playing or not. People have the choice whether to watch and support. What could be more equal and fair than that?

I personally hope a bull of a women just crushed the TG, but TG has a right to play.

What could be more fair is not allowing people to play wrong sex sports. Women and men both should not have to deal with someone’s lifestyle choice that does not conform.
The President is a fink.
January 13th, 2022 at 4:01:08 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman

What could be more fair is not allowing people to play wrong sex sports. Women and men both should not have to deal with someone’s lifestyle choice that does not conform.

No, what is wrong is having a sex based criteria to play a sport. Everybody that wants to compete should compete against everyone else to see who is the best.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 13th, 2022 at 4:05:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
No, what is wrong is having a sex based criteria to play a sport. Everybody that wants to compete should compete against everyone else to see who is the best.

Why? Women and men are different. Cannot deny that if you believe in science. Good reasons for sex based sports.

Unless you want to live in a dystopian Brave New World. Not what I want.
The President is a fink.
January 13th, 2022 at 4:06:19 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I agree
This is not the pros
I believe scholastic sports have lost their core value
Its to have students participate in physical activity which is good for everybodies health, even a TG
I play golf not to compete but to get some exercise
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 13th, 2022 at 4:16:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
My issue is not transgender competing against anyone, just no clever solution to things like scholarship for top performers.

That's not a transgender problem, that's the people who designed the rules problem.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 13th, 2022 at 5:07:30 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2

Quote: terapined

I agree
This is not the pros
Its to have students participate in physical activity which is good for everybodies health, even a TG

Sports is about more that seeing who's the best. It's about more that butts in seats and it's about more than exercise. It's an experience that, if done right, can be an important part of developing kids into adults. But at the basis of it is the concept of fair competition. There is a reason we don't let high school boys play on a team of 10 year olds.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
January 13th, 2022 at 5:18:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: JimRockford
Sports is about more that seeing who's the best. It's about more that butts in seats and it's about more than exercise. It's an experience that, if done right, can be an important part of developing kids into adults. But at the basis of it is the concept of fair competition. There is a reason we don't let high school boys play on a team of 10 year olds.

Actually, I don't see why persons with the same approximate muscle mass and approx weight can't compete against each other regardless of sex.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 13th, 2022 at 5:26:10 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined

I agree
This is not the pros

Yeah, and a TG who was born with a penis can participate in physical activity with the other people who were born with a penis.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
Page 11 of 13« First<8910111213>