Places in your City that will not allow entry without a fully vaccinated card or negative Covid test

Page 3 of 6<123456>
January 20th, 2022 at 2:39:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Well, it's either a law or it isn't, whether or not you agree with it. If it's a law, then Conservatives would normally say it should be followed. I say you can take your chances if you think it's a stupid law, but then, I'm not a Conservative.

Not so much. Conservatives do not say to blindly follow laws because they are laws. The mask mandates we are talking about being the perfect example. Liberals are the ones who say you have to follow said laws and not dare question them. Conservatives see them as more about control than anything useful.
The President is a fink.
January 20th, 2022 at 2:41:26 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee
I fear you're wasting your time with him on this point; he knows damn well that the law prohibits what the rioters did on Jan. 6th yet he gives them a Trumpish thumbs up.

Pointing out hypocrisy to a Trumpie is a waste of time.

Yeah, but it always merits pointing out, just in general, that Conservatives abandoned many of their own so-called, "Principles," in embracing Trump. That's especially true for the Evangelical Christian Conservatives who should want the best for Trump as a person, as ever, but should reflect everything that they would never want in a leader of men. I'd be hard-pressed to think of a Biblical moral position that Trump hasn't run afoul of; I guess I've never heard him take Brady's name in vain.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 20th, 2022 at 2:43:44 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
I know it does, but chastising strangers for not wearing masks is what a Karen does, right before checking if the neighbors need to be reported to the HOA for something.

So, you are wanting to complain to these people that they are not wearing a mask yet you are calling *them* aggressive?

Dude, not you personally...but many Conservatives have called the cops for people smoking a J on their own porch! Now, are you really going to tell me that they are justified in considering someone smoking a J on their own property a bigger personal threat to them than MrV is if he is relying on people to wear masks in accordance with the mandate and they are not doing it?

A Karen would confront people about laws that don't actually exist, such as going into a business that requests patrons wear masks of its own accord and claiming some sort of insane religious exemption.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 20th, 2022 at 2:46:48 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Not so much. Conservatives do not say to blindly follow laws because they are laws. The mask mandates we are talking about being the perfect example. Liberals are the ones who say you have to follow said laws and not dare question them. Conservatives see them as more about control than anything useful.

My point is that Conservatives can be every bit as much up the @$$ of people breaking laws that they happen to like as you are accusing MrV of being for requesting that people follow a mandate that he believes protects him.

Look, I don't think it should be a mandate. But, I think if a business is asking people to wear a mask, then they ought do it or not enter the business.
January 20th, 2022 at 2:55:15 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146
Dude, not you personally...but many Conservatives have called the cops for people smoking a J on their own porch! Now, are you really going to tell me that they are justified in considering someone smoking a J on their own property a bigger personal threat to them than MrV is if he is relying on people to wear masks in accordance with the mandate and they are not doing it?

A Karen would confront people about laws that don't actually exist, such as going into a business that requests patrons wear masks of its own accord and claiming some sort of insane religious exemption.

Nope, that is not cool. However, plenty of liberals will call the cops on just anything as well. Yes, Karen would do that which is why I said it that way.
The President is a fink.
January 20th, 2022 at 4:08:52 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
So, you are wanting to complain to these people that they are not wearing a mask yet you are calling *them* aggressive?

I was talking about aggressive gun nuts, not mask-scofflaws.

Try to keep up,
January 20th, 2022 at 4:37:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I was talking about aggressive gun nuts, not mask-scofflaws.

Try to keep up,

Yes, that is who "them" is referring to. As to "try to keep up" you are so far behind you think you are in the lead.
The President is a fink.
January 20th, 2022 at 5:38:02 PM permalink
missedhervee
Yes, that is who "them" is referring to.

You're wrong again.

The word "aggressive" was contained in the following:

"Not collectors or gun owners per se, rather the unstable asshats whom I suspect use a gun to prop up perceived inadequacies; the aggressive loudmouths who could shoot you down if you argue with them, like happens all to frequently in this fair land of ours."

My reference was clearly to gun owners, not mask scofflaws.
January 21st, 2022 at 2:45:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
You're wrong again.

The word "aggressive" was contained in the following:

"Not collectors or gun owners per se, rather the unstable asshats whom I suspect use a gun to prop up perceived inadequacies; the aggressive loudmouths who could shoot you down if you argue with them, like happens all to frequently in this fair land of ours."

My reference was clearly to gun owners, not mask scofflaws.

Which is what my sentence was saying. It was saying you are bothering people for not wearing masks yet you call the gun owners (THEM) aggressive.

Do I need to write in beginner's English like the Voice of America used to use?
The President is a fink.
January 21st, 2022 at 7:26:07 AM permalink
missedhervee
You are confusing "aggressive" with "law abiding."

What is aggressive about telling someone to stop breaking the law in my presence?

I told a scofflaw to mask up the same way I'd tell a mother beating her child in public to stop.
Page 3 of 6<123456>