Ukraine conflict

February 1st, 2022 at 9:23:06 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: RonC
The standard answer here from the most liberal folks for anything bad that happens is that it has nothing to do with Biden.

Oil, inflation, foreign relations, border, etc.

Moving away from oil is one thing. Crippling our oil industry before you have a real solution is just plain stupid. Though we should not close down all trade, we should not allow foreign entities to control too much of our oil supply.

I find it stunning that there is ANYONE who thinks Biden is doing a good job on ANYTHING. Luckily we have tanko to keep reminding us about the details....
February 1st, 2022 at 9:30:56 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: SOOPOO
I find it stunning that there is ANYONE who thinks Biden is doing a good job on ANYTHING. Luckily we have tanko to keep reminding us about the details....

Hell, ANYBODY but Trump...
February 1st, 2022 at 10:37:49 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Biden is doing a fantastic job
I no longer have to watch the news
I deleted twitter
I can relax and enjoy life
Thank you Joe Biden for ending that National 4 year nightmare
Let's celebrate. No US soldier deaths in Afghanistan
Yoohoo
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 1st, 2022 at 11:40:28 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

After resigning myself that no matter what messaging he has to deliver that there are going to be mental flubs, I’m fine with his foreign policy moves, and his energy policy. I don’t favor fossil fuel solutions. I care about the border issue about as much as Duffman cares about wearing a mask. Most republicans are screaming about crime in cities they don’t live in. I don’t consider that Biden’s problem. Biden isn’t creating the problem in Ukraine, Putin is.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 1st, 2022 at 12:07:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
After resigning myself that no matter what messaging he has to deliver that there are going to be mental flubs, I’m fine with his foreign policy moves, and his energy policy. I don’t favor fossil fuel solutions. I care about the border issue about as much as Duffman cares about wearing a mask. Most republicans are screaming about crime in cities they don’t live in. I don’t consider that Biden’s problem. Biden isn’t creating the problem in Ukraine, Putin is.

In other words you don’t care how bad things are as long as Democrats are in charge.
The President is a fink.
February 1st, 2022 at 12:27:33 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
In other words you don’t care how bad things are as long as Democrats are in charge.

That seems to be where Dems/Libs are at these days...not Trump and the President is a Dem.

They should already be sanctioning Putin and the Russians, not waiting for action. I am not in favor of a military intervention, but financial pressure is appropriate. It seems like they are waiting for Putin to do something...but he already is massing forces near the border and that should be met with action.

One step behind where we need to be...

Perhaps Putin and his goons have the President in a corner because of Hunter's many activities. The pee tape may not be as good as stories leaking about the crack smoker's many escapades involving using daddy's name to make millions.
February 1st, 2022 at 12:55:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC
That seems to be where Dems/Libs are at these days...not Trump and the President is a Dem.

They should already be sanctioning Putin and the Russians, not waiting for action.

Wrong.

Quote:
am not in favor of a military intervention, but financial pressure is appropriate. It seems like they are waiting for Putin to do something...but he already is massing forces near the border and that should be met with action.

One step behind where we need to be...

Perhaps Putin and his goons have the President in a corner because of Hunter's many activities. The pee tape may not be as good as stories leaking about the crack smoker's many escapades involving using daddy's name to make millions.

Bring it on.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 1st, 2022 at 1:10:57 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Why get all worked up over Ukraine, anyway?

For decades they were soviet and we didn't get all worked up over that reality.

Putin wants it back, both for its natural resources and its location as a buffer; besides, many Ukrainians want Russian rule.

Let Putin have Ukraine; but draw the line if he wants Alaska back.
February 1st, 2022 at 1:21:34 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: missedhervee
Why get all worked up over Ukraine, anyway?

For decades they were soviet and we didn't get all worked up over that reality.

Putin wants it back, both for its natural resources and its location as a buffer; besides, many Ukrainians want Russian rule.

Let Putin have Ukraine; but draw the line if he wants Alaska back.

Apparently a lot of that desire comes from Russian misinformation.
February 1st, 2022 at 2:08:25 PM permalink
rxwine
There’s supposed to be about 5000 Americans in Ukraine. I hope they don’t start whining about getting out it if they stay and Russia overruns it.