Ukraine conflict

May 14th, 2022 at 8:51:49 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Like ducks in a shooting gallery. Entire column of Russian tanks wiped out.
May 14th, 2022 at 9:33:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Heard government officials say the war might go on for months or years. But I think this is a head game they're playing for Putin. They don't want to give any indication that if they hold on we might quit first.

I certainly don't think Russia has the capacity to continue at this pace anyway. They are going up against the resources on all of NATO so far. Even some nations outside of NATO.

It may go into an on and off shooting war back and forth over some demarcation line though, if never going to a cease fire. But that's better than what we have now.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 14th, 2022 at 9:44:54 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
There have been reports in the last week or so that Putin is firing or arresting quite a few of his military leaders for the failures so far. If the war continues status quo for the next couple of weeks I expect Putin might be willing to negotiate. If he doesn't see immediate progress i expect he will start looking for a way out. At this point I am not so sure that Ukraine will be willing to negotiate much.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 14th, 2022 at 3:42:59 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: DRich
There have been reports in the last week or so that Putin is firing or arresting quite a few of his military leaders for the failures so far. If the war continues status quo for the next couple of weeks I expect Putin might be willing to negotiate. If he doesn't see immediate progress i expect he will start looking for a way out. At this point I am not so sure that Ukraine will be willing to negotiate much.

Ukraine is predicting that it will end in December. I think this is when their assessment is that the value for Russia turns. Ukraine has no reason to negotiate, the longer this drags on the better for them (not to mention they are getting flooded with money, equipment, and foreign volunteers for its duration). And, the only way Russia will sign anything is if they get territory which Ukraine would be insane to agree to, especially with how poor Russia is doing.

It is very tragic, but I think that this invasion will be a net positive for global security, because more countries are going to join NATO that never were even willing to consider it before. So the West will continue to rise, and Russia will be more sidelined. The more centralized that we can get good countries to become, the better for humanity's future. And, sometimes that takes a common enemy.
May 15th, 2022 at 4:51:22 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Russians started with 150,000 troops on the Ukraine border.

If it is true that 26,000 of them are dead, then three to five times as many are wounded.

Which would mean, most of the original 150,000 are either dead or wounded.

They've also lost nine Generals, twenty colonels and probably one Admiral, who hasn't been seen since the Moskva sank on April 14th.

May 15th, 2022 at 5:14:04 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I am disturbed about this shooting in Buffalo. It seems to have completely removed the war in Ukraine from the news. On Sunday mornings I wake up and watch the news to see what is new in Ukraine and all I am seeing is reports of some idiot in NY. I get it, it is sad 10 people were killed but hundreds are being killed every day in Ukraine. For my enjoyment, I wish the news would focus on Ukraine.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 15th, 2022 at 7:24:13 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: DRich
I am disturbed about this shooting in Buffalo. It seems to have completely removed the war in Ukraine from the news. On Sunday mornings I wake up and watch the news to see what is new in Ukraine and all I am seeing is reports of some idiot in NY. I get it, it is sad 10 people were killed but hundreds are being killed every day in Ukraine. For my enjoyment, I wish the news would focus on Ukraine.

Don't count on it DR. This is a white shooting blacks so it fits the MSM agenda, it will be in the cycle for weeks. Unlike the subway shooting of whites by a black. That story was killed within days.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 15th, 2022 at 7:49:49 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
Don't count on it DR. This is a white shooting blacks so it fits the MSM agenda, it will be in the cycle for weeks. Unlike the subway shooting of whites by a black. That story was killed within days.

The MSM agenda is to get eyeballs
That's it
They only report on stories the people are interested in
It's all about the money
I just checked foxnews website
It's their top story right now
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 15th, 2022 at 10:42:16 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: kenarman
Don't count on it DR. This is a white shooting blacks...

Hey, he shot some whites too.
May 15th, 2022 at 11:27:34 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
Hey, he shot some whites too.

Were they standing in the way of black people?

(Now I reminded myself of the Beatle fan lament. "Why didn't Yoko jump in front of John?}
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?