Is Covid over?

Page 4 of 57<1234567>Last »
April 25th, 2022 at 8:06:24 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
You have more chance of getting cancer than you do long Covid.

????????????
Meaningless point
Cancer is not contagious
Covid is
Is there a cure for long covid?????????
It ain't horse paste
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 25th, 2022 at 10:09:59 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: missedhervee
I viewed the "wear a mask" requirement as a good faith, well-intentioned effort by the government to protect the population.

The notion espoused by some of you birds that it is all about the gov't wanting to "control" us is a laughable conspiracy theory, parroted by the same sort of intellectual "thinkers" who still claim Trump won the election.

It is a thoroughly politicized issue now thanks to the boo-birds on the right.

Not quite correct. People who wanted their constituents in masks and then failed to wear them at events where they were required or recommended helped to make it political.

They went to court. They lost quite a few times based on a judge, or judges, saying that they did not properly follow the law.

They did nothing about the law.

Perhaps they should have taken a different path and actually built a protection plan focused on using the power to force people to do something as little as possible.
May 5th, 2022 at 12:59:55 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Oh yeah covid is so over. Not.

(CNN)In the days since White House Correspondents Dinner last weekend, reporters and staffers from CNN, ABC News, NBC News, CBS News, Politico, and other participating news organizations have tested positive for covid. Most notably, ABC's Jon Karl, who shook hands with President Biden and who sat next to Kim Kardashian, has fallen ill, as Politico's Maxwell Tani first reported."

It's getting so bad again the CDC is telling people to wear masks on planes, subways and buses. Why people think this is over is a mystery. Actually, it's really really bad for Captain Poopypants that's why they want it to be over so they pretend it is.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 5th, 2022 at 2:30:28 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Evenbob
It's getting so bad again the CDC is telling people to wear masks on planes, subways and buses. Why people think this is over is a mystery. Actually, it's really really bad for Captain Poopypants that's why they want it to be over so they pretend it is.

The dems certainly don't want it to be over. Covid equals mail in ballots. Between mail-in ballots, thousands of ballot harvesting mules harvesting votes, and now the Republican destroying RvW decision brief, the dems can hold the House and Senate in November.

Today's Covid propaganda report:

"Omicron as severe as previous COVID variants, large study finds"

The hell it is.
May 5th, 2022 at 3:44:25 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob

Did the CDC ever stop recommending people wear masks on planes?

If I remember correctly, it was an unelected activist judge who said we don’t have to wear them in the air anymore…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 5th, 2022 at 4:35:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Just saw on the news we had that the USA has had one million deaths now.

A shame Biden has not taken the virus serious as he promised he would.
The President is a fink.
May 5th, 2022 at 5:16:43 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
The dems certainly don't want it to be over. Covid equals mail in ballots. Between mail-in ballots, thousands of ballot harvesting mules harvesting votes, and now the Republican destroying RvW decision brief, the dems can hold the House and Senate in November.

Thanks for the good news
Dems taking House and Senate
Cool
I'm on the road
I don't live at my legal address
Damm right I should be able to vote by mail
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 5th, 2022 at 5:41:56 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
Just saw on the news we had that the USA has had one million deaths now.

A shame Biden has not taken the virus serious as he promised he would.

One million deaths is less than 0.5% of the population. A big nothing to me. When 10% of the population dies from it I will start taking it seriously.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 5th, 2022 at 5:45:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
One million deaths is less than 0.5% of the population. A big nothing to me. When 10% of the population dies from it I will start taking it seriously.

You are free to when you want. But Biden kept saying he would from day 1.
The President is a fink.
May 5th, 2022 at 5:54:16 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
You are free to when you want. But Biden kept saying he would from day 1.

Obviously I could care less what any politician says. I just look at the big picture and 60 million people die each year so one million is a very small number.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
Page 4 of 57<1234567>Last »