Is Covid over?

July 16th, 2022 at 9:40:03 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
This is a short quote from an article in 'Common Sense Media' hardly a conservative site. It examines all the high level resignations from both NIH and CDC that have been occurring because the science is being ignored and the politicians are pushing the agenda.

"The CDC has experienced a similar exodus. “There’s been a large amount of turnover. Morale is low,” one high level official at the CDC told us. “Things have become so political, so what are we there for?” Another CDC scientist told us: “I used to be proud to tell people I work at the CDC. Now I’m embarrassed.”

Why are they embarrassed? In short, bad science.

The longer answer: that the heads of their agencies are using weak or flawed data to make critically important public health decisions. That such decisions are being driven by what’s politically palatable to people in Washington or to the Biden administration. And that they have a myopic focus on one virus instead of overall health."

The flipside
Trumpers are resigning because of science
Good riddance
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 16th, 2022 at 9:55:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
This is a short quote from an article in 'Common Sense Media' hardly a conservative site. It examines all the high level resignations from both NIH and CDC that have been occurring because the science is being ignored and the politicians are pushing the agenda.

"The CDC has experienced a similar exodus. “There’s been a large amount of turnover. Morale is low,” one high level official at the CDC told us. “Things have become so political, so what are we there for?” Another CDC scientist told us: “I used to be proud to tell people I work at the CDC. Now I’m embarrassed.”

Why are they embarrassed? In short, bad science.

The longer answer: that the heads of their agencies are using weak or flawed data to make critically important public health decisions. That such decisions are being driven by what’s politically palatable to people in Washington or to the Biden administration. And that they have a myopic focus on one virus instead of overall health."

Is there another major health crisis going on? What am I missing? What should I be worried about that politics is preventing me from hearing?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 16th, 2022 at 10:41:10 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Is there another major health crisis going on? What am I missing? What should I be worried about that politics is preventing me from hearing?

You should be concerned that the actual scientists in both the CDC and NIH are complaining that government interference is preventing them from doing their jobs in regards to Covid. The many of the decisions are being made based on politics not science.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 16th, 2022 at 10:49:28 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
You should be concerned that the actual scientists in both the CDC and NIH are complaining that government interference is preventing them from doing their jobs in regards to Covid. The many of the decisions are being made based on politics not science.

"Science?"

What do you righties care about "science?"

I thought you all took your marching orders from the Invisible Guy up in the clouds as promulgated by his imp on earth (you know, the fat oaf with bad hair).
July 16th, 2022 at 10:54:33 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Your generalizations are BS and are totally and completely meaningless
I have an open mind
Cite a source and I'll read the case the one scientist presents
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 16th, 2022 at 11:05:41 AM permalink
rxwine

I had read that many CDC workers were moved out of their regular jobs due to the pandemic. Just when they thought they were drawing down and could return to their regular duties, Omicron showed up and that all got canceled and that many were burnt out by the pandemic.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 16th, 2022 at 12:06:15 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Strange of kenarman to take the side of the CDC scientists who want new restrictions/mask mandates and are leaving their jobs because of the government’s refusal to implement them.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 16th, 2022 at 12:21:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
"Science?"

What do you righties care about "science?"

I thought you all took your marching orders from the Invisible Guy up in the clouds as promulgated by his imp on earth (you know, the fat oaf with bad hair).

We know more about than the left who take their marching orders from the voice on PMSNBC.

I mean your side is the one who cannot e en define what a woman is.
The President is a fink.
July 16th, 2022 at 12:40:11 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Strange of kenarman to take the side of the CDC scientists who want new restrictions/mask mandates and are leaving their jobs because of the government’s refusal to implement them.

You realize you have that backwards. Nah probably not. The top 3 officials of NIH have resigned.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 16th, 2022 at 12:49:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Imitating terapined for a moment. YAWN. There’s multiple stories of Trump politicizing the pandemic / science.

Nothing to see here but failure on kenarman’s part, but failure to notice anything wrong until now.