No votes (0%)
1 vote (9.09%)
1 vote (9.09%)

11 members have voted

June 26th, 2013 at 8:46:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
A poll
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 27th, 2013 at 5:12:46 PM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
I said maybe.

Note that you're opening a whole can of worms here.

Would a clone of any human be called a human? If so, is he a unique individual?

If you believe people have souls, would a clone of a human also have a soul? If so, would if be a unique soul, or shared with the original owner?

If you said human and unique human and soul, and you convince me that Jesus himself was the son of God, then I'd say yes to the original poll question.

But those are a lot of hurdles to get over before you get that answer.
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
June 28th, 2013 at 1:55:32 AM permalink
ewjones
Threads: 6
The clone of Jesus would not be the son of God since Jesus was not the son of God. Would a clone of a human still be a human??? Of course.. A clone is simply a man made twin.. If I have a twin, is he still human.. Of course.. Is my twin a unique individual, of course.. The whole Jesus son of God thing is total BS..
June 29th, 2013 at 11:20:07 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
The assumption is the powers as they were, did not derive from his DNA, so cloning would not give superpowers and I doubt 100 pounds of flesh could achieve superpowers. I think whatever special attributes would have to draw from somewhere which does not have mass in this world, outside the universe.
July 14th, 2013 at 6:46:09 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: DJTeddyBear
I said maybe.

Note that you're opening a whole can of worms here.

Would a clone of any human be called a human? If so, is he a unique individual?

If you believe people have souls, would a clone of a human also have a soul? If so, would if be a unique soul, or shared with the original owner?

If you said human and unique human and soul, and you convince me that Jesus himself was the son of God, then I'd say yes to the original poll question.

But those are a lot of hurdles to get over before you get that answer.

For the answers to these questions, and more, see the engrossing Ah-nold film, The Sixth Day!
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
July 26th, 2013 at 7:10:03 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
Of course Clone Jesus would retain all of His superpowers. This isn't even worthy of discussion. God pre-programmed Jesus' DNA with all abilities, like healing leopards, blinding the wicked and throwing mountaintops into the sea so that God would not have to be bothered to do it for Jesus every time Jesus started mewing about how awful everyone down here was.

Clone Jesus would also have laser-beam eyes and telekinesis because he had them originally but just didn't know what those powers were back then (sort of like Carrie).
July 26th, 2013 at 10:50:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: s2dbaker
Clone Jesus would also have laser-beam eyes and telekinesis because he had them originally but just didn't know what those powers were back then (sort of like Carrie).

I assume Clone Jesus would keep it together if they dropped a bucket of blood on him at his prom. But if not, watch out!
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 28th, 2013 at 1:12:56 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
Quote: rxwine
I assume Clone Jesus would keep it together if they dropped a bucket of blood on him at his prom. But if not, watch out!
Do you know nothing of Jesus' parents? They make Carrie's mom look like Kris Jenner! Heck Jesus' dad once murdered 42 children because they made fun of a guy with male pattern baldness.
July 30th, 2013 at 8:37:32 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Where is FrG when you need him?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 30th, 2013 at 1:32:01 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
The atheist perspective:

1) there is no God

2) therefore Jesús wasn't his son

3) therefore a clone of Jesus would not be the son of a non-existent deity.

The Jewish perspective:

1) there is a God (!)

2) Jesus was not his son

3) therfore Mini-Jesús the cloned would not be His son.

I'm guessing, but here's the Christian perspective:

1) Cloning is a sin!

So I think the answer is: go ask a Vorlon.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER