AZ Duffman Is Still Alive

Page 1 of 3123>
April 12th, 2022 at 10:33:13 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
He has not posted in a month because he's been in and out
of the hospital with liver cysts, benign growths on his liver.
They are inoperable meaning they should not operate. I have
heard from him here and there but he seems to be very weak.
Says he'll be back here sooner or later. Fair warning..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 12th, 2022 at 11:11:18 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Fatal or not, sounds like a PITA. (or gut).

Just having to be in the hospital is generally unpleasant for any length time.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 12th, 2022 at 1:09:21 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
It is a better board when he contributes, for sure.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 12th, 2022 at 2:03:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Hello all.

Had 6 cysts, the docs said more than one is way usual. One is inoperable, the rest have been taken care of though I foresee a lifetime of followup.

Also they took care of my kidney stones they found. So I have been mostly in the hospital, two different, well, three different over the month of March until now.

The details are crazy. Will post later until people get tired of "sick talk." Weeks in the hospital put your mind in all kinds of weird places.
The President is a fink.
April 12th, 2022 at 2:46:24 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: AZDuffman
Hello all.

Had 6 cysts, the docs said more than one is way usual. One is inoperable, the rest have been taken care of though I foresee a lifetime of followup.

Also they took care of my kidney stones they found. So I have been mostly in the hospital, two different, well, three different over the month of March until now.

The details are crazy. Will post later until people get tired of "sick talk." Weeks in the hospital put your mind in all kinds of weird places.
The hospital I recently got out of revealed a story to me that was interesting [to me anyway]. Right now appx. 70% of the staff working there are travelers. When this local private hospital started hiring travelers and paying them up to 3x what they were paying the locals, the locals demanded raises. The hospital wouldn't give, and after a weeks of battling over it, many of our local professional medical workers quit and became travelers themselves.

The odd thing is, several of them once they became travelling nurses, they got assigned right here at our hospital where they had quit just a few weeks back at up to 3x the pay.

70% of the staff attending me last week were from far away, and one local. I was really glad to have the visitors, they brought skills with them from all over. I learned some breathing technique from a nurse from Spain, it is difficult for me to find breathing therapists here? But wow did they take blood samples frequently and numerous. I am bruised big time. Oddly, the catheter plugged on three occasions. Never had that happen before.
April 12th, 2022 at 5:18:19 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: AZDuffman
Hello all.

Glad to see you posting again AZD hope the worst is over for your medical issues.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 12th, 2022 at 6:10:27 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: petroglyph
Right now appx. 70% of the staff working there are travelers. When this local private hospital started hiring travelers and paying them up to 3x what they were paying the locals,

My grand daughter recently started a job recruiting / placing traveling nurses.

Only at it a couple months; just got a paycheck (2 weeks) of over seven grand: salary plus commission.

Nice work if you can find it.
April 12th, 2022 at 7:25:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph
70% of the staff working there are travelers.

At the physical therapy rehab nursing home where my brother is right now a registered nurse makes $100,000 a year. The next rank down in nursing makes 75,000 a year and the lowest nurse, the LPN makes $50,000 a year. Even with this kind of money there is a huge nursing shortage in the United States. And these kind of jobs are not complicated. They aren't assisting doctors in operations, they're handing out pills to old people.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 12th, 2022 at 7:30:15 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I wish you the best in your recovery.
April 12th, 2022 at 8:18:15 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Evenbob
At the physical therapy rehab nursing home where my brother is right now a registered nurse makes $100,000 a year. The next rank down in nursing makes 75,000 a year and the lowest nurse, the LPN makes $50,000 a year. Even with this kind of money there is a huge nursing shortage in the United States. And these kind of jobs are not complicated. They aren't assisting doctors in operations, they're handing out pills to old people.
It would seem there would be a line out the door around the block for those kinds of jobs?
Page 1 of 3123>