AZ Duffman Is Still Alive

Page 2 of 3<123>
April 13th, 2022 at 5:59:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
I wish you the best in your recovery.

Thank you.

As to now it is a weird time. I am so tired, just spent 12 hours in bed and know I will need to lie down another 4-5 as even light walking gets me so winded I am exhausted. I think it is the antibiotic. I am no medical pro but anything that can kill big cysts has to be taxing on the body.

So the story of all this starts at the end of Feb. I was coughing at work but this time feeling lousy. My boss mentions the coughing and I say I was going to go home sick anyhow as soon as I finished my audit. I put myself on the covid protocol to protect my job as a doc appt would not happen until Monday. Laid up sick that weekend. Fever and bad hypothermia chills. By Monday my mother demanded I just go to the urgent care center.

Said center sent me to first hospital. In the E/R I was now hoping to be admitted I felt that bad. They took me in and the adventure began.

Tests, Tests, tests. X-rays, blood tests, CaT scans, dog scans. Found bad kidney stones and put in stents, which made using the bathroom a living hell. Found the cysts. Cleared one put drains in the others, so I am carrying these drains. Can't go to the bathroom like a normal person. They expected me to drag my IV to the bathroom in the room. I had to demand diapers and one of those bedside units. Meanwhile this machine had an alarm that kept going off if everything was not just so.

And it kept going off. Eventually I had to say, "I hate to sound like 'that guy' but is this unit functioning properly?" They made some adjustments and life became tolerable. But all I could do was rest and rest. Food was disgusting to me except for a blueberry muffin at breakfast and ice cream later. It was those food service cups with strong vanilla. But they were gold dust as it was most all I could handle. Not that you need much lying all day.

Really whacked out dreams that first week. Almost an acid trip. Chalk it up to fever I guess. A week went by like nothing.
The President is a fink.
April 13th, 2022 at 6:21:21 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: petroglyph
It would seem there would be a line out the door around the block for those kinds of jobs?

Those types of wages are becoming quite common now across many industries. I just read an article that Walmart is hiring and training truck drivers with a starting wage of $90k for new drivers.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 13th, 2022 at 6:33:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
dog scans.

That's thorough!
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 13th, 2022 at 10:37:59 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
Those types of wages are becoming quite common now across many industries. I just read an article that Walmart is hiring and training truck drivers with a starting wage of $90k for new drivers.

There's a sign out by the road at my local Taco Bell that says now hiring $18 an hour. That's $36,000 a year to make tacos. I never go to fast food restaurants and I stopped at Burger King on the way to visit my brother last week and got him a impossible Burger, almost $9. How can people afford to eat at these places.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 13th, 2022 at 10:45:45 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Evenbob
How can people afford to eat at these places.

While I cannot speak authoritatively for others, as for myself I worked hard, saved , invested, and now I am financially comfortably set for retirement.

Not only can I afford to eat out at restaurants I can also afford to buy the gas to drive there.
April 13th, 2022 at 2:07:47 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
hoping for the best for you, AZ
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 13th, 2022 at 2:49:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: odiousgambit
hoping for the best for you, AZ

Thank you! I think I have well turned the corner.
The President is a fink.
April 14th, 2022 at 3:21:57 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Thank you! I think I have well turned the corner.

Not politically I hope.. Wokeism is dead as a doornail. Defund the police is now refund the police. American citizens all over the United States are missing Donald Trump in spades..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 14th, 2022 at 5:34:16 AM permalink
AZDuffman
After a week in the hospital that life became strangely normal. Eventually I got my laptop and had the presence of mind to make a couple options trades. And eventually started listening to some of my podcasts again. Usually when I was sitting in the chair for my physical therapy. The food was pretty good believe it or not. But I started pushing to get the heck out of there. You know life is moving on without you.

When I get back I have to ask my boss if she thought it was weird I was sending text updates about 8:00 in the morning. It was the best time for me as I was the most alert and not dragged for more tests.
The President is a fink.
April 14th, 2022 at 7:57:15 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Evenbob
American citizens all over the United States are missing Donald Trump in spades..

Not in Shelby, N.C. they aren't.

Only the hard-core, most brain-washed Trumpies bothered to turn out to hear him lie again about losing the election.

His BS is getting old.

https://www.newsobserver.com/opinion/article260316660.html
Page 2 of 3<123>