RoboBurget

Page 1 of 212>
April 19th, 2022 at 2:45:07 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Fast food burger vending machine. Six minutes and $7. Reviews say the burgers are decent.
Is this the future?
April 19th, 2022 at 2:49:50 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
That seems pricey for what looks like (based on the photo) a dollar burger from McDonalds.

I like the idea if it saves money. But 7 dollars for a cheap looking burger does not seem like saving money. If anything its almost like its charging you for convivence (which is probably the case).

But, the general concept I like. And, I think with worker shortages more food assembly vending machines will popup (Japan has been ahead of the curve on this).
April 19th, 2022 at 2:52:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin

Fast food burger vending machine. Six minutes and $7. Reviews say the burgers are decent.
Is this the future?

They already have lots of this kind of machine in Japan. Seems mostly novelty to me. Japanese love vending machines, even have vending machine automats. Said places would be trashed in 2 hours in the USA but I digress.
The President is a fink.
April 19th, 2022 at 3:09:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: Pacomartin

Is this the future?

They already have lots of this kind of machine in Japan. Seems mostly novelty to me. Japanese love vending machines, even have vending machine automats. Said places would be trashed in 2 hours in the USA but I digress.

They practically turned Coca Cola vending machines into banking vaults to make them resistance to vandalism. I imagine this would be in malls or airports, or maybe even in a Walmart.

I went in a pay laundry late at night once and there was a pry bar jammed into the Cola machine. They didn't succeed into getting into the change container though.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 19th, 2022 at 4:03:39 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I used to save coin for teotwawki, but turns out the world had a different ending with this pandemic? Now, no one is using coin, that I'm seeing. I was a cash person until 3 years ago, for just about everything. Now with the Covid and all, I've become an debit card guy. I have gotten that a little out of whack, I actually have to much money in our debit account, but hopefully I get that fixed in time?

So, no one is using much coin now. My kids visited me from Alaska last week, and I had them take my rolled nickels into my local savings and loan. They turned in 582.00 worth of rolled nickels. That would have come in handy if the zombies actually invaded. But now they are going to have to have an atm machine with them.

The thing that scares me on these atm machines is, way to many of the local gas pumps have been hacked and folks accounts drained by stealth means use of debit numbers.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 19th, 2022 at 5:22:22 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: petroglyph
So, no one is using much coin now.

For more than 30 years I've saved in a "money bin" all of my coin received in change, as well as all bills lower than 20 dollar denomination.

Uncle Scrooge was my hero.

Otherwise I have never used an ATM or a debit card; I write a lot of checks, use cash frequently, and use my credit card for online and motels when they're not comped.
April 19th, 2022 at 5:26:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
For more than 30 years I've saved in a "money bin" all of my coin received in change, as well as all bills lower than 20 dollar denomination.

How much does that weigh?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 19th, 2022 at 6:45:20 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: rxwine
How much does that weigh?

I can't lift it, and I am big and pretty fit.

Heck, it's hard to slide: barely moves.

It's in one of those big, blue tupperware-type containers.

That's mostly coin; the larger currency denominations are in a safe deposit box at the bank.

April 19th, 2022 at 7:35:41 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Gandler
That seems pricey for what looks like (based on the photo) a dollar burger from McDonalds.

I think that McDonald's prices vary from place to place, but around here in small city PA for
$6.99 you can buy a double quarter pounder with cheeze (740 calories), { 226.8 grams of ground beef patties}
$5.69 you can buy a quarter pounder with cheeze (520 calories), { 113.4 grams of ground beef patties}
A plain old hamburger is $2.29 (250 calories) and a cheeseburger is $2.69 (300 calories) {45 gram ground beef patty}

https://theroboburger.com/
The Roboburger website, does not specify the weight of the burger, but I would hope it is at least a quarter pound {113.4 grams}
April 20th, 2022 at 5:47:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph

So, no one is using much coin now. My kids visited me from Alaska last week, and I had them take my rolled nickels into my local savings and loan. They turned in 582.00 worth of rolled nickels. That would have come in handy if the zombies actually invaded. But now they are going to have to have an atm machine with them.

Bad move. Those nickels are worth $0.08 now and might soon be like pre-1965 silver coins. I keep all my nickels. So when I die someone will cash them in.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 212>