Does this make sense to you?

June 27th, 2013 at 1:42:36 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
The scene is a man and a woman in a small, bare room which actually functions as a prison cell. The woman, Lya, is awaiting to be charged, perhaps with a serious crime. The man, D'eryn, is of course fully aware of this.

Ok, so far? Good. D'eryn has come to visit Lya to help her keep her spirits up, but also to find out whether she wants him.

Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 27th, 2013 at 4:57:04 PM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
I assume there's something about those unusual names that's the key to this, but I don't get it, so, no, it doesn't make sense to me.
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
June 28th, 2013 at 2:54:43 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
makes sense as far as plot
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 14th, 2013 at 6:43:17 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: Nareed
The scene is a man and a woman in a small, bare room which actually functions as a prison cell. The woman, Lya, is awaiting to be charged, perhaps with a serious crime. The man, D'eryn, is of course fully aware of this.

Ok, so far? Good. D'eryn has come to visit Lya to help her keep her spirits up, but also to find out whether she wants him.

What happens next?
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
July 14th, 2013 at 7:50:38 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: AcesAndEights
What happens next?

That would be telling ;)

Ultimately a government falls, a planet gains independence and D'eryn and Lya...
July 14th, 2013 at 10:27:17 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
That would be telling ;)

I am not a number, I am a free man!
July 15th, 2013 at 6:37:37 AM permalink
Nareed
I am not a number, I am a free man!

That sounds like something out of the Twilight Zone. But then just about everything does.

Actually right there and then, Lya doesn't want him.

Oh, TZ, one of my favortie episodes, thought I don't much care for this quote "Yes, for the love of God I will let you out." Or words to that effect.
July 15th, 2013 at 9:28:47 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
That sounds like something out of the Twilight Zone. But then just about everything does.

Actually right there and then, Lya doesn't want him.

Oh, TZ, one of my favortie episodes, thought I don't much care for this quote "Yes, for the love of God I will let you out." Or words to that effect.

I actually thought your "that would be telling" was a quip from The Prisoner, one of my favorite classic TV shows. It appears we were not on the same page.
July 15th, 2013 at 9:33:25 AM permalink
Nareed
I actually thought your "that would be telling" was a quip from The Prisoner, one of my favorite classic TV shows. It appears we were not on the same page.

I'd never heard of it.

I did get the bit "That would be telling" from somewhere, but I've no idea where that was.