Supreme Court strikes down Roe v. Wade?

Page 1 of 721234>Last »
May 2nd, 2022 at 5:46:22 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/02/supreme-court-abortion-draft-opinion-00029473

Quote:
Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows

If this is legit, this will be one of the biggest leaks of all time.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 2nd, 2022 at 6:26:25 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Egad.
May 2nd, 2022 at 6:43:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Give credit to Trump. He said he wanted to do that with his appointments.

And by give credit, I mean blame.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 2nd, 2022 at 9:15:13 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Why should we (men) give much of a hoot about the abortion issue anyway?

It's a woman thing.

Women always have made the call whether to abort or not, the man had no legal say in the decision.

Heck, a guy bangs a cocktail waitress, she gets knocked up, he begs her to abort and she just laughs...then soaks the poor sap for eighteen or more years of child support.

Women abort for a reason; if they cannot abort the kids will be unwanted, unless adopted out; the republican party needs to set up a fund to pay mothers forbidden to abort to raise their unwanted children.
May 2nd, 2022 at 10:15:44 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/02/supreme-court-abortion-draft-opinion-00029473

If this is legit, this will be one of the biggest leaks of all time.

Pretty sad
Essentially the religious nuts on the court are punishing poor families
The bottom line
Those that are poor with little means will have more children
Those that are rich will continue to have access to abortion
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 3rd, 2022 at 3:44:02 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Overturning Roe Vs Wade and Planned Parenthood Vs Casey would not end the right to an abortion.

It would end federal abortion protections and leave it up to each individual state to decide whether or not to restrict or ban abortions.

The majority sees it as a states rights issue that should be returned to the people's elected representatives.

“We hold that Roe and Casey must be overruled,” he writes in the document, labeled as the “Opinion of the Court.” “It is time to heed the Constitution and return the issue of abortion to the people’s elected representatives.”
May 3rd, 2022 at 3:51:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Give credit to Trump. He said he wanted to do that with his appointments.

And by give credit, I mean blame.

This is so funny. The same people who said the world would not end when marriage was redefined now think it will end because abortion laws will be up to the states.
The President is a fink.
May 3rd, 2022 at 4:06:09 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
This is so funny. The same people who said the world would not end when marriage was redefined now think it will end because abortion laws will be up to the states.

This is a very weird comparison that doesn’t even make much sense. Is Duffman saying the world actually DID end when marriage was “redefined?”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 3rd, 2022 at 4:38:10 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
As the economy tanks, our borders are porous, inflation runs rampant, crime is on the rise, etc…. I was trying to think is there anything the Republicans can do to NOT win the 2022 elections. I now know the answer. It has just been done. Abortion rights is not a close call. An overwhelming majority of Americans are in favor. Although mostly Republicans are anti abortion, I think there are some Democrat lawmakers that are anti abortion rights, and some Republican lawmakers that are for them.
Talk about galvanizing the opposition. I know that technically it is 6 justices, (maybe 5?), and not the actual Republican Party, but just SO STUPID! Shumer calling to end the filibuster again….
May 3rd, 2022 at 5:02:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
As the economy tanks, our borders are porous, inflation runs rampant, crime is on the rise, etc…. I was trying to think is there anything the Republicans can do to NOT win the 2022 elections. I now know the answer. It has just been done. Abortion rights is not a close call. An overwhelming majority of Americans are in favor. Although mostly Republicans are anti abortion, I think there are some Democrat lawmakers that are anti abortion rights, and some Republican lawmakers that are for them.
Talk about galvanizing the opposition. I know that technically it is 6 justices, (maybe 5?), and not the actual Republican Party, but just SO STUPID! Shumer calling to end the filibuster again….

The elections will not turn on abortion. For most people it is not one of their primary issues. The ones it is will vote for Putin if he has a D next to his name. The rest care about the economy.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 721234>Last »