Supreme Court strikes down Roe v. Wade?

May 14th, 2022 at 7:20:18 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: missedhervee
I'm sorry, but abortion is a medical procedure, and as such should be uniform across the land.

If that is the case, then I agree. Force all women to have abortions and the problem is solved. That would be uniform.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 14th, 2022 at 8:59:57 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: DRich
If that is the case, then I agree. Force all women to have abortions and the problem is solved. That would be uniform.

Ha ha ha ... thud... that was so funny I laughed my rear end off.

You're either joking or clueless to state such a thing.

Abortion can never be forced, it is an elective surgery; sort of like breast enlargement, except with subtraction, not addition.
May 14th, 2022 at 9:51:09 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

Abortion can never be forced, it is an elective surgery; sort of like breast enlargement, except with subtraction, not addition.

I think it could be forced, but won't be. Would anyone have been shocked if Hitler forced all Jewish women to abort?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 14th, 2022 at 10:10:38 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich
I think it could be forced, but won't be. Would anyone have been shocked if Hitler forced all Jewish women to abort?

Pretty sure Scientologists force some of their women to have abortions.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 14th, 2022 at 10:55:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Pretty sure Scientologists force some of their women to have abortions.

I heard via my older sister via my grandmother girls in school didn't inform anyone they were pregnant and sometimes the whole family ended up moving while the preachers went on preaching righteousness. It was stigma to have a baby out of wedlock or an abortion. Best to leave town either way.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 14th, 2022 at 11:11:58 AM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: rxwine
I heard via my older sister via my grandmother girls in school didn't inform anyone they were pregnant and sometimes the whole family ended up moving while the preachers went on preaching righteousness. It was stigma to have a baby out of wedlock or an abortion. Best to leave town either way.

That was then; this is now.

Now unwed mothers go on welfare and usually get free housing, food, health care and a monthly stipend.

Beats working for a living, eh?
May 14th, 2022 at 1:28:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

The girl usually went to "live with her aunt" for a few months. Baby given up for adoption. Was better for everyone.

Probably how Steve Jobs was born.
The President is a fink.
May 14th, 2022 at 2:04:59 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
The girl usually went to "live with her aunt" for a few months. Baby given up for adoption. Was better for everyone.

Probably how Steve Jobs was born.

Doesn't matter who the parents are, Gay, trangender, Adoptes, as long as they want the child and treat the child appropriately.

The kid will turn out better than birth parents who don't do either.

Quote:
Alois, who was 51 years old , had little interest in child rearing and left it to his wife. When not at work he was typically either in a tavern or busy with his hobby, beekeeping. The father was short-tempered and his son often fell afoul of his temper and received a beating.

Two historians acclaimed the discovery of a journal written by his sister saying it offers remarkable insights into the dysfunctional nature of the family.

The Adolf Hitler family
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 16th, 2022 at 2:40:37 PM permalink
missedhervee
Gotta wonder if a study was ever done asking people "Are you glad you were born?" when they were born although their mother would have preferred an abortion?

Or compare the lives of wanted vs. unwanted children: how well do unwanted humans succeed in life, how is their mental health, all as compared to wanted humans?
May 16th, 2022 at 3:08:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Gotta wonder if a study was ever done asking people "Are you glad you were born?" when they were born although their mother would have preferred an abortion?

Or compare the lives of wanted vs. unwanted children: how well do unwanted humans succeed in life, how is their mental health, all as compared to wanted humans?

My dad once told me he heard of a mother telling her kid "I don't want you." I did not ask who said it. I know he had a few relatives who were possibilities. While that would crush pretty much anyone I have seen many a wanted child just ruin their life. Even wanted children can have problems with their parents. My dad and I really did not get along all that well.
The President is a fink.