Supreme Court strikes down Roe v. Wade?

November 20th, 2022 at 8:03:06 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Well it looks like they found the Supreme Court leaker.
Alito
He's done it before back in 2014 he leaked the Hobby Lobby case
Makes total sense he was the latest leaker
Total religious nut

Link Proof?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 20th, 2022 at 8:39:34 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
Link Proof?

You might not see this on rightwing news
They would have to credit the NYT for the story :-)
https://www.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-breach-not-first-153131719.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 20th, 2022 at 9:18:39 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
You might not see this on rightwing news
They would have to credit the NYT for the story :-)
https://www.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-breach-not-first-153131719.html

There is nothing in that story that says he leaked the overturn of ROE decision. The article is about a previous leak with a little innuendo about the ROE leak.

As usual you are spouting fake news.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 20th, 2022 at 10:07:34 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
There is nothing in that story that says he leaked the overturn of ROE decision. The article is about a previous leak with a little innuendo about the ROE leak.

The article is about a leaky Supreme Court and a leaky Supreme Court Justice.
Maybe he is not responsible for the latest leak but any competent investigator would take a close look at Alito because he's leaked before.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 20th, 2022 at 10:07:54 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

It is certainly a more viable theory than your Justice Jackson one…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 20th, 2022 at 10:36:30 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
The article is about a leaky Supreme Court and a leaky Supreme Court Justice.
Maybe he is not responsible for the latest leak but any competent investigator would take a close look at Alito because he's leaked before.

I have to agree with Kenarman on this one. After reading your post I assumed he was named by someone as the leaker.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 9th, 2023 at 11:11:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
“Doctors and advocates are urging people to pre-order and stockpile abortion pills while they still can in the face of a looming court decision that could wipe out access to the drugs nationwide.

District Court Judge Matthew Kacsmaryk in Amarillo, Texas, could either strike down the FDA’s decades-old decision to approve mifepristone — the first of two pills used to end a pregnancy — or roll back more recent agency decisions making the pills available via telemedicine, mail delivery and pharmacy pickup.”
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 9th, 2023 at 2:14:13 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
“Doctors and advocates are urging people to pre-order and stockpile abortion pills while they still can in the face of a looming court decision that could wipe out access to the drugs nationwide.

District Court Judge Matthew Kacsmaryk in Amarillo, Texas, could either strike down the FDA’s decades-old decision to approve mifepristone — the first of two pills used to end a pregnancy — or roll back more recent agency decisions making the pills available via telemedicine, mail delivery and pharmacy pickup.”

I’ve put my order in for 500 pills. (Sarcasm)

How about this…. ‘Doctors are urging those that don’t want to get pregnant to take measures to not get pregnant?’

Frankly, I don’t even think these pills should be available by prescription. Make them OTC. I want any non surgical way for free and easy abortion, well, free and easy.
February 9th, 2023 at 3:00:53 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine

It is a sad state of affairs when a pro-life group can sue the FDA for removal of approval on a non-scientific basis, but on a moral argument. This is beyond absurd.

In fact it gets even more absurd the civil action is specifically to block the drug's use for abortions, they want the drug to remain approved for post-miscarriage care? What?

50% of abortion are accomplished with the use of this (and similar) medications, we will reduce the abortion rate by almost 50% if the Court rules in favor of the Plaintiff.

"But pregnancy is not an illness, nor do chemical abortion drugs provide
a therapeutic benefit over surgical abortion. In asserting these transparently false
conclusions, the FDA exceeded its regulatory authority to approve the drugs. "
https://adfmedialegalfiles.blob.core.windows.net/files/AllianceForHippocraticMedicineComplaint.pdf

This is insane, it is like an internet troll wrote a lawsuit against the FDA, but sadly they will probably get the order they want. At the very minimum I see the hyper conservative Judge ruling that physical appointments are required for prescription (banning it's prescription from remote appointments), even this would be absurd.

If this drug is banned this country will enter a true state of decline. (People do not realize how much stopping 50% of abortions will affect crime and the economy).
February 9th, 2023 at 4:44:50 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I'd have loved to see the two below duke it out in a debate on live TV.

Very interesting the two are on opposing sides of women and both are or were women.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hillary Clinton - You cannot have maternal health without reproductive health. And reproductive health includes contraception and family planning and access to legal, safe abortion.

Mother Teresa - Abortion is profoundly anti-women.

--------------------------------------------------------

I don't think Hillary was referring to spiritual health.