Gandler
Threads: 27
It always does.
May 20th, 2022 at 10:43:25 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler
It always does.

As long as the poopy pants Administration has its disastrous policies in place, no real recovery will happen, down another 500 right now down 5854 for the year. NBC which is known for being in the pocket of every Democrat president is doing a full court press now on Hunter Biden and what a crook and criminal he is which actually means they're saying Captain Poopypants has to go. They are not protecting the president's son at all which in politics means the Left is against the current Administration. So they're sick of seeing the economy go down the drain also and realizing Biden has to go if it's ever going to get better. That doesn't mean we get President Harris, it means she resigns like Spiro Agnew did we get a new VP and Biden resigns like Richard Nixon did. Lesson learned, when you steal an election better make sure you're stealing it for somebody who's competent
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 20th, 2022 at 11:38:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I'm not concerned
The population of the planet grows regardless
Therefore the customer base grows regardless
Therefore companies grow in the long term regardless
Short term dips are meaningless
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 20th, 2022 at 5:40:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Another 15% today and this is why I never invested in the stock market I don't have the stomach for the stress of it. Scott Adams was saying today that he learned decades ago if you're going to invest in the stock market never look at it until the end of the year. Ignore it the rest of the time no matter what the news says no matter how much you want to look otherwise it'll drive you crazy. It's a long-term investment why stress about it in the short-term, but everybody does. Some 401K people are joking about jumping off a building and have you seen crypto? Bitcoin is down $18,500 for the year, it's under $30,000 now. Thanks Captain Poopypants. He wants to raise corporate taxes which will seal the deal of our economic doom.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 20th, 2022 at 7:16:08 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Evenbob
Another 15% today and this is why I never invested in the stock market I don't have the stomach for the stress of it.

Huh?

Today the Dow closed UP 0.03%, not down 15%.

*golf clap*

EB and his inability to see things clearly never fails to make me laugh.
May 20th, 2022 at 7:41:59 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
Huh?

Today the Dow closed UP 0.03%, not down 15%.

*golf clap*

EB and his inability to see things clearly never fails to make me laugh.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 21st, 2022 at 2:58:52 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Except for the NASDAQ, this isn’t officially a bear market. Those typically last 9.6 months, but take 27 months to get back to even.

Difficult to determine how long this downturn will last, with excess Federal spending combined with the anti-fossil fuel energy policy, Ukraine, and the Fed raising interest rates while simultaneously tightening the money supply.

Opportunity to buy the dip and buy quality, like MRK and DOW.
May 22nd, 2022 at 4:00:55 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
https://www.fool.com/investing/2022/05/22/stocks-just-hit-bear-market-territory-but-heres-wh/

Its really no cause for alarm it happens every so often. And, it will happen again.

The best advise is keep on investing at the same level or increase funding -especially in retirment accounts-(if you can afford it), and don't panic sell (that is the main way people lose money selling everything when the value bottoms out.....). And, just stick with index or mutual funds or etfs (it's rarely wise to buy individual stocks). -Just personal advice-