Should Trans People be allowed to use opposite sex bathrooms?

Page 3 of 85<123456>Last »

Thread Rating:

May 28th, 2022 at 1:28:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Riverjordan
I should have clarified that a Biological man should never be allowed to be in a Woman's bathroom when it is being occupied by a Female or Females. Never.

No need to clarify, those of us who know how to read critically already knew.
The President is a fink.
May 29th, 2022 at 5:02:35 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Riverjordan
I should have clarified that a Biological man should never be allowed to be in a Woman's bathroom when it is being occupied by a Female or Females. Never.
That's a quaint habit you have of not answering questions...

If you were in a rest room, just washing your hands, would YOU be offended or feel threatened if what you refer to as a 'biological man' : A person who had completely sex changed from male to female. came in and used a cubicle?
May 29th, 2022 at 1:23:56 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Yeah but how come some women want to use the mens restroom when there’s a line for the womens room, but don’t want men using a womens restroom? Equal rights!
May 29th, 2022 at 8:55:47 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rquiredusername
Yeah but how come some women want to use the mens restroom when there’s a line for the womens room, but don’t want men using a womens restroom? Equal rights!

This is actually pretty common in some venues, especially at large events where presumably lady's rooms only have a few stalls, which leads to crazy lines, and men's usually the stalls are less busy, and no line to get in. It has nothing to do with transgender issues, lady's just don't feel like waiting in the line so they dart into the men's room.

I would probably bet this happens far more often than the reverse, and it has never offended me (the first time I saw a lady entering the restroom as I was leaving I was confused, but never gave it a ton of thought at the time). Some female friends in college pretty much said this was a standard practice at some types of concerts if you don't want to spend most of the night waiting in line, and they said as you dart right into the stalls most people do not notice or care. I mean other than people you pass as entering or exiting you really do your best to not look at anyone in the restroom (at least I do) because its awkward, so its not like you are aware of 99% of the people there....

Even if you wanted to enforce this issue, how would you? Have guards in front of the stalls in the men's room check Driver's Licenses for gender?

Once where I worked had public restrooms on the boardwalk (and there were restroom attendants for each public restroom for whenever the building was open), I guess a lady did this when the line was long for the women's room (which was pretty much always) and the particular attendant for the male restroom was either offended or somebody complained to him, whatever the case he decided to call the police. Obviously by the time the police showed up, she was long gone, so what is even the point? Its completely unenforceable, even if you have an attendant in the bathroom at all times who can call 911 immediately, the police are not going to get there before the person exits the restroom...

I bring up this anecdote, because having an attendant at all times in each restroom who can call 911 immediately would be the optimal scenario for enforcing this (and most public restrooms do not have attendants at all times), but even this doesn't stop it, I mean what do people want, security guards in the restrooms doing gender checks of everyone who enters? Its one of those things that even if you are in a State with strict gender requirements, how is any normal business supposed to enforce it, if even places with the resources for dedicated restroom attendants can't stop it? Its just one of those unrealistic laws that even if you agree with the principles 100% I have not heard a single good argument to enforce it (which makes it meaningless).

All of that being said, having probably (without knowledge) been in the same restroom with countless lady's, various identities, etc.... over the years, never once have I felt offended or violated or even spent much time thinking about it until such discussions come up. I just don't care. If somebody is sitting in a stall, they could be male, female, trans, whatever, I would never know, and it would never effect me.... I just don't understand the level of concern some people have for something that has probably been going on for decades without them noticing....
May 30th, 2022 at 1:21:52 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: rquiredusername
Because they know it's likely to be cleaner than the ladies? Because the alternative would be that they **** themselves in the queue?

Quote: Gandler
... attendant for the male restroom was either offended or somebody complained to him, whatever the case he decided to call the police. Obviously by the time the police showed up, she was long gone, so what is even the point? Its completely unenforceable, even if you have an attendant in the bathroom at all times who can call 911 immediately, the police are not going to get there before the person exits the restroom....

LOL@ the idea of calling 911 because someone used the 'wrong' rest-room. If that happened here, the person who called the police would be officially cautioned and if they did it again, would be arrested and charged with wasting police time. I guess that in your country, the attendant would be advised to shoot the 'pervert' or queue jumper.

Quote:
I just don't understand the level of concern some people have for something that has probably been going on for decades without them noticing....
Nor me.

It's of no consequence. We all need to use the rest-room, sometimes with a level of urgency beyond the length of the queue.
May 30th, 2022 at 2:55:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
This is actually pretty common in some venues, especially at large events where presumably lady's rooms only have a few stalls, which leads to crazy lines, and men's usually the stalls are less busy, and no line to get in. It has nothing to do with transgender issues, lady's just don't feel like waiting in the line so they dart into the men's room.

That is the case. It will be more likely to happen at women heavy events like a Lady GaGa concert and less at more even events like the ball game. Way back in the 80s in my parts some pol introduced a bill that would require more stalls in the ladies room than overall units in the mens as they also calculated women take longer than men. No idea what happened to it but I do remember in the same article that some arenas were being designed with "flexible" bathrooms where a wall could be moved on a track when a gender-heavy event one way or the other was scheduled.

To compare that to a......well I won't use the word.....male wanting to use the ladies room is being childish and saying you cannot intellectually defend men in the ladies room.
The President is a fink.
May 30th, 2022 at 7:41:08 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
That is the case. It will be more likely to happen at women heavy events like a Lady GaGa concert and less at more even events like the ball game. Way back in the 80s in my parts some pol introduced a bill that would require more stalls in the ladies room than overall units in the mens as they also calculated women take longer than men. No idea what happened to it but I do remember in the same article that some arenas were being designed with "flexible" bathrooms where a wall could be moved on a track when a gender-heavy event one way or the other was scheduled.

To compare that to a......well I won't use the word.....male wanting to use the ladies room is being childish and saying you cannot intellectually defend men in the ladies room.

I wasn't making that argument, I was responding to a question about if it happens, which is clearly does from personal knowledge and talking to people.

But, the reverse is quite frequently an issue in the Army where it is very male heavy (and in combat units there may be literally two-four women and over a hundred males, its probably better now that roles have opened up, but I am sure there is still a huge disparity), and the building has equal facilities for both. Even in units that are more balanced it may be something like only 20% women. I have never been tempted to use a women's restroom or shower. But, I have been tempted to use a women's laundry room before, when there were no machines available in the men's laundry room, and I know there must be dozens of machines available in the other one because there is only a fraction of women to total machines, so even if all decided to laundry at once there would be a plethora of machines to use (never actually did it, but was very tempted many times).... (And, splitting up laundry rooms is absurd anyway).

If a lady comes into a male bathroom, I am just not going to care. Even in scenarios with shared showers I can't see myself caring. Its just not something that bothers me. And, that goes for if a trans wants to use it either, don't care. And, in the men's room you are more exposed so to speak (urinals, or even urinal troths at some events), so it would be far easier for a lady to see something if they wanted, still don't care. In lady's rooms its all stalls, so there is an added layer of privacy. I just don't see the big deal. If a man is dressed as a lady, and goes straight into a stall, who would know (or care)? Its just a nonissue.

I guess you can make an argument that the solution would be to install nothing but gender-neutral accessible single occupant bathrooms. But, these are expensive and take up a lot of space, so this would not be possible for most business for the amount of units that they would require.... And, this would also create a massive bottleneck for all, especially handicap people or people with small children who truly need such units....

Quote: OnceDear

LOL@ the idea of calling 911 because someone used the 'wrong' rest-room. If that happened here, the person who called the police would be officially cautioned and if they did it again, would be arrested and charged with wasting police time. I guess that in your country, the attendant would be advised to shoot the 'pervert' or queue jumper.

Its a good question, because there are some States which require enforcement to use the bathroom associated with their gender on their ID. In some States they require it based on the gender specifically on your Birth Certificate. Are you supposed to carry your BC around to prove that you are allowed in the bathroom you are in? And, if you forget to bring your BC can you be arrested? Its another level of conservative silliness (for a party that supposedly does not like "papers being checked to travel freely"......) But, the reality is, even if the cops do arrive, I doubt that they would actually arrest the person, I mean are they going to drag them out of the stall? My guess is they would be like, "Hey there was a complaint, try not to get caught doing that again", imagine being the arresting officer having to testify to such an arrest in court? There is no way they would not try to get out of that.

https://www.ncsl.org/research/education/-bathroom-bill-legislative-tracking635951130.aspx

(This was not one of those States, so I don't know what the cops would have done if they even caught her? Probably nothing.)
June 3rd, 2022 at 4:57:37 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Here is the link.

He wasn't a grown man, but he was dressed as a female and claimed he was gender fluid.
https://www.standingforfreedom.com/2021/10/skirt-wearing-male-student-is-found-guilty-of-raping-a-15-year-old-girl-in-a-school-bathroom-in-loudoun-county-virginia/
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
June 3rd, 2022 at 5:37:43 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Seems to be an epidemic of males dressed like males raping girls in their bathroom. Maybe you should start a thread on that?

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2021/06/08/chiles-high-student-charged-rape-girl-school-restroom/7605613002/
https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/news/crime/2-students-charged-with-raping-girl-in-bathroom-during-school-hours/83-423616968
https://www.punekarnews.in/pune-girl-raped-in-school-toilet-police-investigating-case/
https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-high-school-student-allegedly-raped-girl-in-boys-bathroom
https://wsvn.com/news/local/miami-gardens-9th-grader-says-she-was-raped-by-3-boys-in-school-bathroom/
https://www.wapt.com/article/mother-special-needs-daughter-raped-in-school-bathroom/2085829#
https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/st-cloud-teen-charged-with-raping-girl-in-high-school-bathroom
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/06/my-daughter-was-raped-in-harrisburg-schools-bathroom-mom-claims-in-federal-lawsuit.html
https://www.bgdailynews.com/news/16-year-old-says-boyfriend-raped-her-in-high-schools-restroom/article_05954f07-6605-5f0d-8ce1-888712cadcef.html
https://www.al.com/news/2015/08/girl_raped_during_middle_schoo.html
https://www.frontpagedetectives.com/p/florida-student-rape-girl-school-bathroom
https://www.progress-index.com/story/news/2022/03/15/virginia-high-school-freshman-charged-rape-female-student/7056311001/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 3rd, 2022 at 5:57:15 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine

Disgusting. Biological Men should never be in female bathrooms when at least one female is there.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
Page 3 of 85<123456>Last »