Should Trans People be allowed to use opposite sex bathrooms?

Thread Rating:

August 4th, 2022 at 9:55:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: JCW09
Well the issue here is the truth matters, when you stop caring about truth everything in society breaks down.
If you think you are a banana, you're denying reality. Why does that matter?
Well, should you be able to claim the benefits that said banana is entitled to under the law?
Let's change the radical premise to one that is slightly less radical. Say you believe you are Asian or Black, when you clearly are not.
No genetic testing will reveal any asian or black family history.
Are you entitled to financial & other benefits available to those minorities because you think you are Asian or Black when you aren't?
Do you have a case against a HBCU when they don't qualify you for a scholarship program because as Joe Biden said "You ain't Black!"
The bottom line is people can do what they want. What they can't do is ask the rest of us to participate in their delusion.
You want to be transgender, great! You'll use your biological public restroom or wait to go until you are home.
If a public building wants to put in a non-gender single user bathroom, great, you should patronize those buildings/businesses.
But the law should not force a building owner to put one in before the next time they re-model their restrooms, which may be never.
You want to participate in sports, you do so in your biological category.
The other athletes should not be forced to participate in your mental delusions.
I don't want to be involved in changing your mind, but I surely am not going to participate in your fictional world.
Canada has a law about using preferred pronouns. Simultaneously Demi Lovato decides she is going back to using she/her.
This just illustrates how ridiculous the trans/pan/non-binary population is.

Sorry, the constitution doesn’t require people to live by truth. Consider all the religions, for instance? People let their lives be governed by opposing beliefs about facts and truth. I’m just giving trans people that same consideration. As with religious people, concerns of others bumps up against them the courts can sort out the issue.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 4th, 2022 at 10:11:08 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
The Constitution also doesn't require me to participate in someone else's religion or their gender dysphoria.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
August 4th, 2022 at 10:20:41 AM permalink
rxwine
The Constitution also doesn't require me to participate in someone else's religion or their gender dysphoria.

Right. But why go out of your way to discriminate against them, Sure, I don’t believe in a lot of stuff people do. I still let them do as much as they can until I can’t for some reason.

For some reasons, other than I don’t think it’s normal.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 4th, 2022 at 10:33:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Also, people act like heterosexuals are automatically and legally required to set good examples for their kids. You can raise your kids in a remote area and legally train them to be hitler worshipping Nazis. There’s no legal protection from warping your kid’s mind. There’s no reason we need to put some burden on Trans people that’s not legally required of all of us.

I consider extreme religious nuts bad examples for kids. But I’m not stopping them unless they break laws.
August 4th, 2022 at 10:48:59 AM permalink
JCW09
Quote: rxwine
Right. But why go out of your way to discriminate against them, Sure, I don’t believe in a lot of stuff people do. I still let them do as much as they can until I can’t for some reason.

For some reasons, other than I don’t think it’s normal.

Requiring them to use their biological restrooms & participate in their biological sports isn't going out of my way.
If I was in favor of restricting their way of dressing or "donning the skin" of the opposite sex, that would be going out of my way.
Asking me to accept a trans-woman using a restroom with other woman is forcing me to accept that a trans-woman is a woman. He is not.
August 4th, 2022 at 10:51:35 AM permalink
JCW09
Also, people act like heterosexuals are automatically and legally required to set good examples for their kids. You can raise your kids in a remote area and legally train them to be hitler worshipping Nazis. There’s no legal protection from warping your kid’s mind. There’s no reason we need to put some burden on Trans people that’s not legally required of all of us.

I consider extreme religious nuts bad examples for kids. But I’m not stopping them unless they break laws.

This thread is about restroom use. I would add biological sports participation in with it.
Raising kids is a whole other can of worms.
August 4th, 2022 at 11:11:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Requiring them to use their biological restrooms & participate in their biological sports isn't going out of my way.
If I was in favor of restricting their way of dressing or "donning the skin" of the opposite sex, that would be going out of my way.
Asking me to accept a trans-woman using a restroom with other woman is forcing me to accept that a trans-woman is a woman. He is not.

And I'm not about to agree to a law just to make someone comfortable with someone else's appearance.

And I've shown earlier if you're worried about women, you should be aware of how often they are assaulted in bathrooms by men who look like men.

I already gave my solution to that. Just turn the public bathroom space into private bathrooms with locks. If you want to protect women, no reason to pretend you have taken anything more than an insignificant bite out of the problem.
August 4th, 2022 at 12:46:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
And I'm not about to agree to a law just to make someone comfortable with someone else's appearance.

And I've shown earlier if you're worried about women, you should be aware of how often they are assaulted in bathrooms by men who look like men.

I already gave my solution to that. Just turn the public bathroom space into private bathrooms with locks. If you want to protect women, no reason to pretend you have taken anything more than an insignificant bite out of the problem.

All you "showed" was a totally impractical solution.

Solution is simple, pervert men not allowed in women's room. Let them go at home or go in their pants if they are afraid to use the proper restroom. You say you do not want to make a law because of someone's appearance yet you want to make women have to put up with this because of someone else's lifestyle choice.
The President is a fink.
August 4th, 2022 at 12:48:10 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman

The point of the meme is a man who gets surgery and hormones is not a woman no matter what woke people say.

I think the real answer to this is, who cares?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 4th, 2022 at 12:49:36 PM permalink
JCW09

The key word there is appearance. A Trans-Woman is not a woman despite his attempts to look like one.
Use the men's restroom or a single stall uni-sex restroom if available. Or whip out your Johnson before you head out in public.
See there are all kinds of solutions besides a Man that thinks he is a Woman using the women's restroom with actual vagina owners.
Or frankly, if you have chopped off your Johnson, just make a catheter part of your daily routine.
With all the surgical complications, you're probably not far away from requiring one anyway.