Your favorite movie of all time

Page 2 of 3<123>
June 6th, 2022 at 12:08:36 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: DRich
Did you do it? I would love to hear stories about that.
I must have made it sound more interesting than it was. I worked construction in Alaska, usually away from home. On many projects the employer pays per diem, to offset the high cost of hotel living. So it's either an RV or I figured, in summers to just work in port cities and stay on my boat which I did from about 94-98, The per diem close to made the payments on the boat in that time. My family would visit the towns I was working in and I got to take them boat camping and cruising miles of the Ak. coast.
For me, it is very enjoyable living, the boat had a galley and shower, toilet and it was nicely appointed inside. 6'6' headroom and bunk length so it was comfortable to lay or stand. Nice place to wake up. Great scenery. Lots of birds and sea lions, seals, whales and harbor stuff. It must have influenced at least my son, who just launched his 35 ft. sailboat in Homer AK. He's loving it. His is a sailboat, mine was a twin engine Uniflight sedan.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 6th, 2022 at 3:19:20 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: petroglyph
I must have made it sound more interesting than it was. I worked construction in Alaska, usually away from home. On many projects the employer pays per diem, to offset the high cost of hotel living. So it's either an RV or I figured, in summers to just work in port cities and stay on my boat which I did from about 94-98, The per diem close to made the payments on the boat in that time. My family would visit the towns I was working in and I got to take them boat camping and cruising miles of the Ak. coast.
For me, it is very enjoyable living, the boat had a galley and shower, toilet and it was nicely appointed inside. 6'6' headroom and bunk length so it was comfortable to lay or stand. Nice place to wake up. Great scenery. Lots of birds and sea lions, seals, whales and harbor stuff. It must have influenced at least my son, who just launched his 35 ft. sailboat in Homer AK. He's loving it. His is a sailboat, mine was a twin engine Uniflight sedan.

Thank you. I was hoping to hear about you sailing it around the world and living at many exotic ports.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 6th, 2022 at 4:27:05 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Thank you. I was hoping to hear about you sailing it around the world and living at many exotic ports.
Might have had better luck with Ole Fleastiff?

Wish I had better stories to tell you.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 1st, 2023 at 7:15:42 PM permalink
Allevi
Threads: 0
I like "Titanic". This is just the iconic movie, that makes me so emotional
February 3rd, 2023 at 12:24:30 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
The original "Godzilla."
February 3rd, 2023 at 2:15:12 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
The Blues Brothers. The acting is bad, the plot is ridiculous even for a comedy. Go ahead and trash it. I can’t defend it and yet I love every minute of it.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
February 4th, 2023 at 11:02:34 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
On the Waterfront.

Of course, Marlon Brando was great in it.
Eva Marie Saint was so beautiful.

A Streetcar named Desire with Brando was truly great too.

These movies are from before my time. I'm not that old. I saw them only on TV.

the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
February 5th, 2023 at 2:38:35 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
This, imho is one of the greatest action scenes ever in the movies.
The chariot race in the movie Ben Hur.
It's brutal; not for the faint of heart.

the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
February 5th, 2023 at 6:05:53 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Airplane, probably why I am an aviation nut

I am STUNNED that DRich and I have the same fave. Best line EVER. The little girl saying (something like?) I take my coffee black, like my men! Or Ham on white, hold the Mayo. Or 100 others!
February 5th, 2023 at 6:07:50 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I saw "A Man Called Otto" starring Tom Hanks yesterday at the cinema.

It's close to the top, if not the top IMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Man_Called_Otto
Page 2 of 3<123>