Televised Jan 6 hearings.

June 18th, 2022 at 6:37:39 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: JCW09
The J6 TV Mini-Series makes this more likely.
If Bennie Thompson can "axe" the right questions he may dirty Trump up enough through the dereliction of duty angle.
By the way, there is no better sign of "intellectual Black Man" than saying "axe" instead of "asks" in a public forum.
Bennie is a complete moron and he is the Committee Chairman, LMAO

Hearing people pronounce "idea" as "idear" bugged me when I first heard it. But it doesn't necessarily imply anything but where you grew up.

as for "ask"

Quote:
"It is not a new thing; it is not a mistake," he says. "It is a regular feature of English."

Sheidlower says you can trace "ax" back to the eighth century. The pronunciation derives from the Old English verb "acsian." Chaucer used "ax." It's in the first complete English translation of the Bible (the Coverdale Bible): " 'Axe and it shall be given.'

You pick up the words and accents of people around you. Maybe you're smart or maybe you're dumb. I doubt seriously if he writes "ax or axe" when he uses it in writing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 18th, 2022 at 6:48:46 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine

as for "ask"

You pick up the words and accents of people around you. Maybe you're smart or maybe you're dumb. I doubt seriously if he writes "ax or axe" when he uses it in writing.

It's much ado about nothing
Some words are hard to pronounce
Has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence
Asians have a hard time with the "L" sound
It's much ado about nothing unless you are JCW
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 18th, 2022 at 7:28:54 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
If Desantis gets the nomination Trump might run as a independent and split the vote.

Biden likely has wet dreams about that possibility…

That would, if the election was today, be a sure win for him. The election isn’t today; lots of time until then…

On the J6 hearings…I have watched or listened to most of them. So far, I have heard a lot of stupid ideas that should not have been even talked about but nothing criminal on the part of President Trump. I still think this is a “Grand Jury” type of hearing—one sided—instead of a typical Congressional inquiry. Stupid on Nancy’s part (unless she is covering something up) because there is not a whole lot of good to find in any actions of the President or many of his staff. Republicans could have looked very bad with most of the witnesses we have been allowed to hear. The other stuff out there? Who knows. Not allowed to investigate that right now.

It is made for TV; we don’t hear even one person’s full testimony.

I still think Trump should not run. Too much stupidity on his part after the election and there is no way I want the next President to have dementia like the current one does.
June 18th, 2022 at 7:34:09 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC

On the J6 hearings…I have watched or listened to most of them.

Cool
I have no doubt JCW has also. He can't stop posting about these hearings.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 18th, 2022 at 8:28:38 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I still think Trump should not run. Too much stupidity on his part after the election and there is no way I want the next President to have dementia like the current one does.

A perfect example of RonC “calling out the right” as he was so adamant he does yesterday.

Give some weak criticism of someone on the right, then pepper in a blatant lie attacking someone on the left for good measure.

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/685/1807/#post189001
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 18th, 2022 at 8:56:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Biden likely has wet dreams about that possibility…

That would, if the election was today, be a sure win for him. The election isn’t today; lots of time until then…

On the J6 hearings…I have watched or listened to most of them. So far, I have heard a lot of stupid ideas that should not have been even talked about but nothing criminal on the part of President Trump. I still think this is a “Grand Jury” type of hearing—one sided—instead of a typical Congressional inquiry. Stupid on Nancy’s part (unless she is covering something up) because there is not a whole lot of good to find in any actions of the President or many of his staff. Republicans could have looked very bad with most of the witnesses we have been allowed to hear. The other stuff out there? Who knows. Not allowed to investigate that right now.

It is made for TV; we don’t hear even one person’s full testimony.

The current speculation is that Trump will say that he believed the few lawyers who were giving him crooked council, over Republican vote officials, 60 court cases, and all the other lawyers and people in his administration who were telling him he lost.

Thereby they can't find him guilty as he believed what he was saying.

Even if I believed that, the remaining conclusion is he's still not fit to be making Presidential decisions if he can't eventually see that he was full of it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 18th, 2022 at 9:04:41 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Even if I believed that, the remaining conclusion is he's still not fit to be making Presidential decisions if he can't eventually see that he was full of it.

If that is the criteria then I expect that no US president has been fit to be president.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 18th, 2022 at 9:59:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
If that is the criteria then I expect that no US president has been fit to be president.

Which President can you name? Nixon? Nixon didn't even bother to go through all the legal challenges to refute any false claims he made. Trump did, and more.

edit: refute should be support.
June 18th, 2022 at 10:13:41 AM permalink
rxwine
AFAIK, all the Presidents telling big lies knew that they were lying because there was evidence eventually presented that they knew.
June 18th, 2022 at 4:27:52 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: terapined
Cool
I have no doubt JCW has also. He can't stop posting about these hearings.

I watched 90 minutes of the first night.
Then Bennie said "axe", I spit out my beer & laughed thru Liz Cheney ending her political career.

No one cares what you post about Ed, you're on drugs to maintain your sanity for God's sake.
When someone can't keep their own $hit together without pharmaceuticals,
No one listens to what they have to say about how life works or what is important, well, except the therapist.
I am sure, deep down, you have already figured that out.
It's likely why you are here daily typing away. No one else will listen.

Keep poking the bear Ed, you're definitely winning.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288