The Tik Tok Thread!

June 29th, 2022 at 5:30:15 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
I decided to make a thread for Tik Tok after being recommended a YouTube video of mind numbing Trends the impressionable people have blindly done just because it is or was a Trend on TikTok.

The Kylie Jenner lip challenge Trend was idiotic. Tons of youth giving themselves DIY lip filler treatments and ending up with grotesque, swollen lips rather than beautiful lips. Many of them used cups and bottles to do this

The "steal bathroom accessories and fixtures Tik Tok Challenge Trend was gross, unsanitary, and illegal. I wanted to throw up when kids were stealing toilet seat covers. When I was a kid, stealing toilet seat covers didn't even cross my mind.

The Tide Pod Challenge Trend was stupid and dangerous. The sad thing about this one is that grown Adults were actually doing this stupid and dangerous Challenge Trend. At least most of the stupid Challenge Trends were children and Teens doing this. Grown Adults should know better to not eat Laundry detergent.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
June 29th, 2022 at 5:32:33 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I prefer longer youtube videos
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 29th, 2022 at 6:21:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I have never visited Tik-Tok. It seems to be a video site not as good as YouTube.

At a Christmas Party I worked the women who worked together were making some kind of dance video while the husbands played poker. It was being directed so seemed to be somewhat serious, I think they all were workout class teachers or something.
The President is a fink.
June 29th, 2022 at 7:40:47 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I never understood TikTok, I have never been on, but some people have shown me videos on their phone, and its basically a short video clip usually of something silly. Its not for me, but it does remind me of Vine which was a similar 8 second video social media site many years ago.

I got off social media for privacy reasons, so a site that is owned by a Chinese company and works closely with the Chinese government with data sounds like an even worse bet than the American companies, but that is just an aside. I think Trump wanted to ban TikTok for Americans which was one of his few good ideas, but of course he never carried through with it.
June 29th, 2022 at 7:53:43 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Youtube came out with "short" labels. Basically the same thing, but you know it's a short video because it gets labeled that way when you first see it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?