So does this mean we will see back alley abortions again? I think so

Page 2 of 17<12345>Last »
July 6th, 2022 at 3:41:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
Can the birth parents change their mind and make the surrogate mom have an abortion? Can the surrogate abort without their permission? So many questions so little time.

Quote:
Surrogacy contracts are legal, written agreements between the intended parents and the surrogate mother that state the rights and obligations of both parties. These documents are the foundation for establishing the parental rights of the intended parents. A thorough and well thought-out agreement ensures the intended parents have proper legal protection during assisted reproduction, and that the parental rights of the surrogate mother are terminated at the correct time.

It is important to choose an experienced fertility lawyer to ensure your contracts capture all of the complexities, risks, and liabilities of the process. Falletta & Klein makes sure all of our surrogacy contracts are compliant with local laws and customized to the needs of the specific case. We also believe that everyone deserves a family, so we will advocate for your rights in accordance with your state’s specific laws.

https://www.kleinfertilitylaw.com/surrogacy-lawyer/surrogacy-contracts#:~:text=Surrogacy%20contracts%20are%20legal%2C%20written,rights%20of%20the%20intended%20parents.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 6th, 2022 at 3:50:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Although it doesn't answer the specific question, I assume the lawyers will write out the specific agreement with the proper modifications to keep it from some legal entanglement occurring.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 6th, 2022 at 3:54:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Can the birth parents change their mind and make the surrogate mom have an abortion? Can the surrogate abort without their permission? So many questions so little time.

What on earth are you talking about? Birth parent and surrogate parent are the same person. What any of it has to do with my comment I have no idea.

Why would a surrogate have an abortion? Why would the parents hiring the surrogate demand she abort?
The President is a fink.
July 6th, 2022 at 4:06:03 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Can the birth parents change their mind and make the surrogate mom have an abortion?

No.

Can the surrogate abort without their permission?

Yes.

While both might violate terms of a contract they may have entered into, that will not affect the correctness of the answers I provided.
July 6th, 2022 at 5:30:01 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: DRich
I had no idea insurance covered abortions. I came out of pocket for all of mine.

It depends on the policy and State (many do not -and in many red states they are prohibited under state law to even offer such coverage-).

But, that is why a Federal mandate that is must be covered by all policies would be an instant way to ensure access in all States.
July 6th, 2022 at 8:28:55 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler
It depends on the policy and State (many do not -and in many red states they are prohibited under state law to even offer such coverage-).

But, that is why a Federal mandate that is must be covered by all policies would be an instant way to ensure access in all States.

To enact such a law you would need 10 Republican Senators to agree to discuss it. IT AINT HAPPENING!

2/3 -3/4 of the population will be in states that continue to allow easy unfettered access to abortion. A large number of abortion seekers will be in adjacent states. Those that might have to travel significantly will find no shortage of those willing to help them to travel to a legal place to have their hopefully once in a lifetime procedure.

As I’ve said before, if you live in a state that makes abortion illegal, then convince a majority of like minded citizens to elect representatives that will vote to make abortion legal. If you can’t, and abortion is that important an issue for you, then move to a state that has laws you like.
July 7th, 2022 at 7:29:54 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
To enact such a law you would need 10 Republican Senators to agree to discuss it. IT AINT HAPPENING!

2/3 -3/4 of the population will be in states that continue to allow easy unfettered access to abortion. A large number of abortion seekers will be in adjacent states. Those that might have to travel significantly will find no shortage of those willing to help them to travel to a legal place to have their hopefully once in a lifetime procedure.

As I’ve said before, if you live in a state that makes abortion illegal, then convince a majority of like minded citizens to elect representatives that will vote to make abortion legal. If you can’t, and abortion is that important an issue for you, then move to a state that has laws you like.

You should not have to do that for something that is a human right. That is why the Supreme Court case was so important.

Now, you have to literally go State to State to try to educate people, which with such high religion numbers is not realistic.

This is why it needs to be changed Federally, this is the uniformed answer.

In any case, I don't know how as a medical doctor you can be against private plans having the ability to offer abortion coverage? Even if you think a mandate is too far, I cannot think of any logical reason to support prohibiting plans from offering this? This is the opposite of the free market....

Right now the trend is in the wrong direction in many States (every week more States are getting more restrictive very quickly). "Just move to a new state" is not viable advice for pregnant people who rely on assistance for abortions (especially because such States are often clustered together, meaning you would have to move far).

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2022/jun/28/tracking-where-abortion-laws-stand-in-every-state
July 7th, 2022 at 7:35:52 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
You should not have to do that for something that is a human right.

When you start with a faulty first premise the rest of your assessment is also wrong. Garbage in garbage out.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 7th, 2022 at 7:42:17 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
You should not have to do that for something that is a human right. That is why the Supreme Court case was so important.

You should not have to make a law for the human right of being born? That I agree on!
The President is a fink.
July 7th, 2022 at 7:50:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
You should not have to make a law for the human right of being born? That I agree on!

If you're going to force a raped women to carry a rapist baby, then the person who forces her to do it should serve time for slavery.
Page 2 of 17<12345>Last »