Armed Self Defense

Page 3 of 10<123456>Last »
July 16th, 2022 at 9:04:00 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
2 sides to every story
Let the courts sort it out

That is a good responsible statement. I assume you fully support the Supreme Court as well.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 5th, 2022 at 6:01:39 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
The practice of watching armed self defense videos on youtube is new to me. I've already mentioned that I wasn't expecting so much about how much trouble you can get yourself in; the videos have lawyer-firm sponsors, but I don't think they are exaggerating anything, certainly when it comes to just doing dumb things that could have been avoided. 

I've also been wondering just what world these people live in. They pretty much say 'man, you better be armed', like you'd have to be nuts to be taking your chances otherwise. What world is this they live in? Well, one answer is much is directed at cops. In fact of the videos where the the perp is taken out effectively and professionally, you often find it was in fact an undercover cop. Is it also true that plenty of people live somewhere where they have to be nuts not to be armed with a concealed weapon? I can say I live in no such place, unless you want to say, correctly I guess, anybody can find themselves getting mugged when out in public. I can also say I've lived in some bad neighborhoods in my day, but I was OK with not being armed. I did take precautions, like not walking into some dicey place at 2:00 AM. I sometimes had a gun within reach when, I dunno, driving around; not often. Recently, now that there's places they are turning criminals loose right after they are arrested, so maybe things have changed. I wouldn't want to live there, some don't have a choice. 

In these videos, they tell you the gun needs to be ready ... with a round in the chamber. It's not said, but evidently they mean with the safety off too. I could only do that if I knew I was likely to be in a situation calling for that. It is really dangerous! Maybe cops on duty need to take their chances like that. No such distinction gets made though; the presenter in these videos gives this advice to the general public.

It's been another surprise these videos contain. 

Just search for 'round in the chamber' at youtube and a bunch come up.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 5th, 2022 at 8:15:18 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I enjoy watching videos of clerks blowing away robbers.

Hello, "just desserts."
September 5th, 2022 at 4:08:10 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
It's a strange world where to be a night shift clerk at a gas station (at least in some areas) you also need to be skilled on close combat.
September 30th, 2022 at 2:41:07 AM permalink
odiousgambit
The rest of this video is probably worth skipping, but it starts off with a hilarious clip

September 30th, 2022 at 4:35:18 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: odiousgambit
The rest of this video is probably worth skipping, but it starts off with a hilarious clip

I assume the "neat feature" was making a hole in your ceiling.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 30th, 2022 at 6:48:30 AM permalink
odiousgambit
not too many special features involve pressing the trigger and leaving it pressed down methinks
October 5th, 2022 at 8:43:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I heard this from part of evidence of Jan 6.

You want to carry a pipe or baton and disguise it. Put an American flag on it. (He suggested a lead pipe, but really steel is all that's necessary.)

Also, I suppose you could carry a home-made one shot shotgun also if you really want to be a future convict.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 15th, 2023 at 11:36:30 AM permalink
odiousgambit
worth a listen

May 15th, 2023 at 2:02:38 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Everyone who owns a gun should be required to take an annual class in gun handling and penal law defense of justification.

434,000,000 guns and only a relative few are trained how to use them.

'32 States Let People Carry Guns Without Learning How to Shoot One'

'Ron DeSantis quietly legalizes carrying concealed weapons without permits'
Page 3 of 10<123456>Last »