When will you be completely comfortable living like it's 2019 again Covid wise?

Page 1 of 212>
August 8th, 2022 at 7:04:43 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
I wear my mask in a constant basis despite Mask Mandates being 98 percent over with. I say 98 percent over with because I have seen about 3 businesses that still say,"You must have a mask on in order to enter," which seems really out of place in August 2022 but would have fit in in August 2020 and many people not even owning masks anymore, let alone wearing them. I am fully vaccinated, I'm just not comfortable wearing going around without a mask on. On the other hand, I no longer give the death state and tell off People for just merely passing too close to me. There was a time in 2020 I was cussing out People and giving the death state who were merely passing too close to me. And there were reports of People doing even worse than I was doing, actually beating up People for coughing. People were being treated like garbage for merely coughing and sneezing which wouldn't have been a really big deal in 2019. That was a very bad time. I still give the death stare to people who cough and sneeze without a mask near me. I am no longer comfortable going to buffets or going to a movie theater. Whereas in 2019, I'd be comfortable doing this. In fact, 2019 was the last time I was in a movie theater and I watched Ma over 3 years ago. I don't know if I will ever be fully comfortable living like it's 2019. But it is much better today than two years ago.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
August 8th, 2022 at 7:41:54 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I already am.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 8th, 2022 at 8:13:35 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I traveled all over the country. The last 2 years have the best years of my life. No interest in going back to 2019. Last couple of years no biggie. A couple of jabs and a mask, hardly effected my life.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 8th, 2022 at 8:42:14 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Honestly I've been pretty much maskless (except when required) and carefree since vaccination. However, last week I returned from a trip involving several packed flights and crowded airports, and the night I returned I felt terrible and proceeded to feel worse. Turns out I have COVID (vaccinated and boosted). I have not been sick in years, and this is quite possibly was the worst feeling of my life, it feels like the Flu but longer.

Once I recover I am going to request another booster, and I am going back to wearing masks again and limiting public interactions at least until the booster is in effect. Its too much to risk feeling like this again. Just imagine the Flu, if the Flu was a few days longer, its beyond terrible. I can't imagine how much worse it would be if I had no vaccinations. (The only good thing is I lost an insane amount of weight in less than a week and actually made my goal weight about a month faster than I otherwise would have).
August 8th, 2022 at 10:27:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler
Honestly I've been pretty much maskless (except when required) and carefree since vaccination. However, last week I returned from a trip involving several packed flights and crowded airports, and the night I returned I felt terrible and proceeded to feel worse. Turns out I have COVID (vaccinated and boosted). I have not been sick in years, and this is quite possibly was the worst feeling of my life, it feels like the Flu but longer.

Once I recover I am going to request another booster, and I am going back to wearing masks again and limiting public interactions at least until the booster is in effect. Its too much to risk feeling like this again. Just imagine the Flu, if the Flu was a few days longer, its beyond terrible. I can't imagine how much worse it would be if I had no vaccinations. (The only good thing is I lost an insane amount of weight in less than a week and actually made my goal weight about a month faster than I otherwise would have).

That kind of reaction makes me wonder if you’re one of those people particularly sensitive to it regardless of age. Like some of those 30 year olds in good physical condition who either died or almost died from it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 8th, 2022 at 12:15:25 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Gandler

I hardly knew anyone during the entire pandemic who caught Covid. Now, everyone I know that has traveled on a flying petri dish in the last month has Covid. There's all came on very rapidly like yours. The are vomiting, fever, and sick as they have ever been. Two of them are at 12 days. Plus several that I know but are close knowing. My neighbor has 3 in a house of 6 with it.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 8th, 2022 at 12:34:43 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: petroglyph
I hardly knew anyone during the entire pandemic who caught Covid. Now, everyone I know that has traveled on a flying petri dish in the last month has Covid. There's all came on very rapidly like yours. The are vomiting, fever, and sick as they have ever been. Two of them are at 12 days. Plus several that I know but are close knowing. My neighbor has 3 in a house of 6 with it.

lol I have a quick Vegas trip this weekend and a cruise scheduled for the week after. Maybe I should mask up.

August 8th, 2022 at 1:20:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I was fine all thru the china virus scare. I saw how they were inflating numbers and using it as an excuse for all kinds of things. A few women in the office still do the masks, I do not bother them about it.

Almost died of other causes this year. If I was going to die of it then it would have happened.
The President is a fink.
August 8th, 2022 at 1:37:53 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
That kind of reaction makes me wonder if you’re one of those people particularly sensitive to it regardless of age. Like some of those 30 year olds in good physical condition who either died or almost died from it.

Its possible. I think I have a pretty good immune system, as an adult (at least 21+), I don't think I have ever been sick. I have always hated the feeling of being sick, the Flu was one of the worst things for me when younger, this is why I don't mind getting Flu shots once a year and being very safe.

But, the strange thing is I have not had a dangerous symptom (breathing issues, dangerous heart rate, chest pains, coughs, overly high temp, etc....), its just been a matter of feeling super crappy (extremely congested, headaches, no taste, no appetite, etc...). Could I have been one of those really bad ones if unvaccinated? Its possible. But, its also likely I had COVID at least once before and never noticed based on past antibody tests, so why so much worse now? Who knows.

Quote: petroglyph

I can actually say the same thing, I know far more people who have COVID right now who never had it during the height of the pandemic (and they are all vaccinated, and usually boosted and often 2nd Boosted). Now, the people I know who had it during the height (pre-vaccine) were in a lot worse shape, and for most people now its just a really bad Flu, I don't know anyone including myself who I would say is in medical danger in the current phase. Even among people who hardly travel seem to be getting it, it just seems to be spreading really bad right now.
August 8th, 2022 at 1:51:54 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: AZDuffman
A few women in the office still do the masks, I do not bother them about it.

Why would you, or anyone for that matter, bother them about it?
Page 1 of 212>