River Jordan's Corner! :D

June 3rd, 2023 at 6:39:24 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Well, in Dan's defense he pretty much ignores everybody, doesn't he?

Unless it is something he cars about he's simply not interested in engaging.

Remember, VCT isn't his main forum, PFA is: he only took VCT over when Alan was floundering and then only for shits and giggles.
June 7th, 2023 at 11:05:54 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
So, a "Customer" (BITCH is what she really is!) asked me to do a $1,000 Western Union Transaction. In all 20's. She and I counted out the money a couple of times. She asked her boyfriend something like,"Babe, you want anything else?" He started talking to me. I think you know where this is going, right? That nasty ass BITCH! I didn't count the very last time right before I put the money into the register. (This is my fault) .

I put the money in, punched out soon and didn't think anything of it. Over a month later(Recently) my Manager asked me if I remember this Couple, showing me the camera footage. I was like,"I don't really remember them, this is from over a month ago." He showed me the footage, and the BITCH STOLE $800 from me! She had her Boyfriend start talking to me while she folded and palmed $800 and put it in her hand while her boyfriend was talking to me. She had only given me $200(My Manager asked if it was 20's or $100"s($20's are easy to make a huge mistake like I did, $100's are much harder to make a huge mistake like I did.) I had assumed it was the full $1,000 and just naively plopped only $200 in the register and then soon punched out.

My Manager said something like,"She had her boyfriend distract you while she folded the $800 and then palmed it. " He continued and warned me something like,"Customers shouldn't be "helping" you out with your job. When a Customer "Counts," money, you should ALWAYS recount it before putting it into the register. Be suspicious when Customers "Help," you count money and assume they may be trying to scam you."

I myself acknowledged I should have been suspicious she was "Helping," me count the money. He was like,"Yep, Customers "Helping you," count money is a red flag. Please don't ever again approve of a transaction without doing a final count of the money right before it goes into the register." I am so lucky I have a VERY understanding Manager. Other Managers definitely would have fired me over this! Customer is a nasty BITCH!

About "Customers," helping Cashiers out at their jobs, I saw a video where a "Customer," helped a Cashier with the register. The "Customer," ended up stealing like $50 from the register!" Posters commented something like,"A Customer should never be "Helping," a Cashier with the register. Cashier should have been on red alert when the "Customer," touched his register and was "Helping," him out with his job. Cashier should have assumed "Customer," was a thief and said something like,"Sir, step away from my register before I call the police. Cashier should be the one on control of his register, NOT the Customer."
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
June 9th, 2023 at 12:42:03 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Quote: missedhervee
Well, in Dan's defense he pretty much ignores everybody, doesn't he?

Unless it is something he cars about he's simply not interested in engaging.

Remember, VCT isn't his main forum, PFA is: he only took VCT over when Alan was floundering and then only for shits and giggles.

Note that Dan hasn't said something like, "I have decided to take Tasha's self imposed departure from VCT over the still active posting limit seriously and have lifted her posting limit. " Meaning I was right and he was never going to lift the Posting Limit. I made the right choice in leaving.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
June 9th, 2023 at 12:26:16 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Riverjordan
So, a "Customer" (BITCH is what she really is!) asked me to do a $1,000 Western Union Transaction. In all 20's. She and I counted out the money a couple of times. She asked her boyfriend something like,"Babe, you want anything else?" He started talking to me. I think you know where this is going, right? That nasty ass BITCH! I didn't count the very last time right before I put the money into the register. (This is my fault) .

I put the money in, punched out soon and didn't think anything of it. Over a month later(Recently) my Manager asked me if I remember this Couple, showing me the camera footage. I was like,"I don't really remember them, this is from over a month ago." He showed me the footage, and the BITCH STOLE $800 from me! She had her Boyfriend start talking to me while she folded and palmed $800 and put it in her hand while her boyfriend was talking to me. She had only given me $200(My Manager asked if it was 20's or $100"s($20's are easy to make a huge mistake like I did, $100's are much harder to make a huge mistake like I did.) I had assumed it was the full $1,000 and just naively plopped only $200 in the register and then soon punched out.

My Manager said something like,"She had her boyfriend distract you while she folded the $800 and then palmed it. " He continued and warned me something like,"Customers shouldn't be "helping" you out with your job. When a Customer "Counts," money, you should ALWAYS recount it before putting it into the register. Be suspicious when Customers "Help," you count money and assume they may be trying to scam you."

I myself acknowledged I should have been suspicious she was "Helping," me count the money. He was like,"Yep, Customers "Helping you," count money is a red flag. Please don't ever again approve of a transaction without doing a final count of the money right before it goes into the register." I am so lucky I have a VERY understanding Manager. Other Managers definitely would have fired me over this! Customer is a nasty BITCH!

About "Customers," helping Cashiers out at their jobs, I saw a video where a "Customer," helped a Cashier with the register. The "Customer," ended up stealing like $50 from the register!" Posters commented something like,"A Customer should never be "Helping," a Cashier with the register. Cashier should have been on red alert when the "Customer," touched his register and was "Helping," him out with his job. Cashier should have assumed "Customer," was a thief and said something like,"Sir, step away from my register before I call the police. Cashier should be the one on control of his register, NOT the Customer."

Between 0 and 1% chance this happened.
June 9th, 2023 at 6:37:23 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
Between 0 and 1% chance this happened.

I would say closer to zero, it's been years since any major retailer (to my knowledge) has allowed cashiers to assist at Western Union Kiosks (they are all self-service kiosks now) for security reasons.

Unless they work at a WU storefront. But, any kiosk inside a retail establishment this would not happen (well I should very unlikely, I guess a cashier can always break protocol and attempt to help).
June 11th, 2023 at 2:06:46 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Tasha, you should have been fired; your clueless actions caused your employer substantial financial harm.

How'd you avoid getting canned?

RU blowing your boss?
June 12th, 2023 at 5:15:27 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
It might be a symptom of another issue.

Like not getting enough sleep.

Or marital issues, etc.

Or someone in the family dying.

Or partying, etc.

All reflect in mental alertness.

If it is a symptom of an issue, I'd try to address the issue.

Otherwise, just don't let it happen again.
June 12th, 2023 at 10:37:13 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
mistakes with a cash drawer are not discovered a month later, but right away

why did I look at this thread?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 12th, 2023 at 12:14:40 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: odiousgambit

You were more observant than I was! I knew it was all a lie but you found the most damning evidence. To answer ‘why did I look at this thread’, I always answer the same…. For entertainment. Just because something is make believe doesn’t mean you can’t get entertainment from it. It’s a window into someone’s mind…..
June 12th, 2023 at 7:06:09 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Quote: odiousgambit

He really did show me the camera footage one month later. These People had probably been running this scam MULTIPLE times at different Walgreens. Scammers rarely stop after one scam. They often run the same scam MULTIPLE times. I saw a video of a Woman running a similarly sneaky scam and she'd successfully pulled it of TWICE and was trying to pull it up a third time, but the third time, she got caught and arrested. So, Scammers often run the same scam MULTIPLE times before they FINALLY get caught.