1 vote (25%)
2 votes (50%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

November 12th, 2022 at 11:22:46 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
It looks like Democrats are holding the Senate regardless of what happens in GA (though another win in GA would be strong, and would allow more of a buffer).

And, though Republicans are still projected to win the House, it will be a slight majority (and even this is shaky compared to before, it could change as mail in ballots are counted in the remaining States, especially as a lot of the undeclared districts are leaning blue). It's possible (actually its starting to look likely) that the Republicans may have a majority as small as 1, or even not a majority at all, as some of the leaning right races are very tight and in regions where mail in ballots tend to be Democrats.

This is actually better than I predicted (and it could turn much better if even just one of the projected Republican House count flips in the coming days). I am content with a sane Senate, and I think most Americans agree that it is a positive. I can accept a small Republican majority in the house if it comes to that (which I still think is the most likely outcome, though I may be pleasantly surprised).
November 13th, 2022 at 5:17:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Candice Owens

Quote:
In her monologue on her Daily Wire show this week, Owen's said she was sharing the "personal story" because "it's something that made me for the first time question him as a person."

The conservative firebrand went on to say that Trump twisted a "completely kind and fair interview."

"That is not being a leader, that is not owning things that you did wrong, that is not owning that you misunderstood something about your base," she said. "That's not growing, that's not developing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 15th, 2022 at 4:20:13 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Kari Lake lost
She went to Twitter to complain "Arizonans know BS when they see it"
The biggest self own in Twitters history

Bear in mind this has been a state with Republicans in charge of the vote counting system She was complaining about. I hope the lake just dries up and goes away
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 17th, 2022 at 12:18:41 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
LMAO - now that the election is over, Fox has stopped pretending that the country is a violent hellscape.

“Fair and balanced”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 16th, 2022 at 5:56:16 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Scandal-plagued Republican Rep. Madison Cawthorn just violated a federal conflict-of-interest law for the third time this year, according to an Insider review of congressional financial disclosures.

Cawthorn's latest personal financial disclosure, mandated by federal law, shows he sold an amount of "Let's Go Brandon" coin valued between $15,001 and $50,000 in January. He waited until earlier this month to report the trade, in violation of the federal Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge Act of 2012.

The law, in part, requires members of Congress to report financial trades made within 45 days, or risk facing a penalty — the typical fine is just $200.

Aides for Cawthorn did not respond to Insider's request for comment.

Cawthorn first violated the STOCK Act in May, as he was months late disclosing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of purchases and sales of cryptocurrency ethereum and Let's Go Brandon coin.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 26th, 2022 at 3:33:06 AM permalink
terapined
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-stumbles-independents-contributed-midterm-052242666.html

Pretty good article regarding Republicans unable to convince the majority of Independents.
A lot has to do with republican campaigns just complaining about Biden/Pelosi trying to scare voters and not campaigning on solutions. A lot of the republican campaigns were built on connecting their opponent to Biden thinking that's enough instead of running on what will you do for the local community
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 3rd, 2023 at 7:54:24 AM permalink
rxwine
Consequences of the midterm.

I shouldn't get my hopes up that McCarthy becomes speaker and then follows-up on his threat to remove the most rightwing members from committees if they don't vote for him. Sounds like a dream to me
January 3rd, 2023 at 10:11:57 AM permalink
ams288
What thread was it where SOOPOO offered to bet me $1 that no GOPers would vote against McCarthy?

Should have taken the bet! Easy dollar!
January 3rd, 2023 at 2:25:21 PM permalink
ams288
Republicans in disarray!

Blame the Dems?

CRENSHAW (R-TX): "It's a shame. It makes us look foolish. If I didn't know any better, it's like the Democrats paid these people off... Let's make it look like the Republicans can't govern and don't deserve any gavels whatsoever. That's what it makes it look like."
January 3rd, 2023 at 5:37:53 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288
Republicans in disarray!

Blame the Dems?

CRENSHAW (R-TX): "It's a shame. It makes us look foolish. If I didn't know any better, it's like the Democrats paid these people off... Let's make it look like the Republicans can't govern and don't deserve any gavels whatsoever. That's what it makes it look like."

Its the Qnon effect
There is no common sense among these extremists.
Just look at Kenarman in the virus thread
They believe the absurd and stick to their guns.
There is no reasoning with these people.