1 vote (25%)
2 votes (50%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

September 1st, 2022 at 1:08:41 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Dems won special election for House seat in ALASKA! This ain’t looking good for the Repubs….
September 1st, 2022 at 4:10:30 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Dems won special election for House seat in ALASKA! This ain’t looking good for the Repubs….

I think Alaska is tired of Palin
I'm surprised she ran
Considering
She did quit her job as Governor
QUIT.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 1st, 2022 at 4:24:29 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
I think Alaska is tired of Palin
I'm surprised she ran
Considering
She did quit her job as Governor
QUIT.

She’s aging like a hot glass of milk.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 1st, 2022 at 5:05:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
No gov election in Mississippi, but if the story holds, up the Democrat Mayor of Jackson has been asking for help for years and didn't get it. Last 3 Govs are Republican. Water system needs billions to repair.

Just sayin'
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 1st, 2022 at 5:18:51 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
The whites in power in the deep south don't give a rat's patooie about the plight of blacks: hatred is still endemic there.
September 2nd, 2022 at 3:39:12 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
She’s aging like a hot glass of milk.

Cheek and chin implants. A real mess. Looks like she's wearing a mask. Typical west coast plastic surgery.
September 2nd, 2022 at 6:27:02 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tanko
Cheek and chin implants. A real mess. Looks like she's wearing a mask. Typical west coast plastic surgery.

I had to google images of "old person with cheek and chin implants" to see what the change is supposed to look like. I think the problem is she has a triangle head, more the shape of a praying mantis.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 2nd, 2022 at 7:49:51 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: SOOPOO

Don't read too deep into this SooPoo, there were two GOP candidates on the ballot that garnered 58% of the votes.
They split the GOP voting base and then the new rank choice voting gave the victory to the Dem.
It's all of a 3 month term, I'll wait until November to draw any conclusions on this one.
All three candidates will again be on the ballot in November.
My guess is GOP voters will see this result & figure out rank choice voting in November.
Unfortunately, I don't think Alaska will be able to rid itself of Palin after all.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
September 3rd, 2022 at 4:34:28 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I had no idea Tucker hates Lindsey Graham
Fascinating

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tucker-carlson-urges-republican-candidates-035946300.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 4th, 2022 at 2:46:40 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
No gov election in Mississippi, but if the story holds, up the Democrat Mayor of Jackson has been asking for help for years and didn't get it. Last 3 Govs are Republican. Water system needs billions to repair.

Just sayin'

I’ve read they received 3 million in aid but were asking for 47. Also some question whether it should have been federal funding or state but when it failed an EPA inspection two years ago something should have been done then. In any case, if you’ve driven through Jackson in the past decade you would know it’s one of those places that conjure up thoughts of not throwing good money after bad and sunk cost fallacy. I know it’s the capital but….everyone should just leave instead of rebuilding, the place is utterly beyond hope. Pretty much everything is rotting away not just the water issue, you won’t find more consistently poorly maintained roads outside of Texas for example. There is zero tax base virtually everyone not on public assistance already left. Largest loss of population of any “major city” in the US from 2010-2020.

And of course now anyone who can afford to get out will, leaving only those without hope and who’ve given up behind. Best way out of a bad situation is to just let this accelerate the city’s already inevitable death spiral imo, use funding to help people who want better to leave rather than dumping money into something that was left to get where it is now, simply beyond hope of recovery.
Page 3 of 51<123456>Last »