4 members have voted

September 9th, 2022 at 5:50:28 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-group-aligned-ex-portman-102310876.html
They don't recognize the party.' GOP group launches campaign against J.D. Vance

Republican party vs the Trump party
Fascinating
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 9th, 2022 at 5:35:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
I’m addition to an abortion amendment, Michigan voters get to vote on this in November:

The petition for that ballot initiative received the most signatures in Michigan history.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 9th, 2022 at 6:04:07 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I think that this will have a larger impact than people give it credit for, especially on local/state fronts.

For example, there are a couple of local Republicans that generally get my vote because overall I think they are good people and on some important issues I think that they have it right (including the Governor). However, since they are "pro-life", none will get my vote this fall because its too high a risk this year with no federal fallbacks in place. And, I doubt I am the only one who feels this way. I think this will harm a lot of marginal Republicans in local positions that hang on by local goodwill and connections. This will involve voting for people who I am overall not a fan of, but it will be necessary.

This fall there is one critical issue, and that is making sure there is no further expansion of abortion restrictions. Everything else is secondary.
September 11th, 2022 at 7:59:03 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler
I think that this will have a larger impact than people give it credit for, especially on local/state fronts.

For example, there are a couple of local Republicans that generally get my vote because overall I think they are good people and on some important issues I think that they have it right (including the Governor). However, since they are "pro-life", none will get my vote this fall because its too high a risk this year with no federal fallbacks in place. And, I doubt I am the only one who feels this way. I think this will harm a lot of marginal Republicans in local positions that hang on by local goodwill and connections. This will involve voting for people who I am overall not a fan of, but it will be necessary.

This fall there is one critical issue, and that is making sure there is no further expansion of abortion restrictions. Everything else is secondary.

Thanks for your thoughts! YOU are exactly who I think will turn close races the Dems way. The STUPID ASS Republicans are ceding control of the nation to the abject failure Democrats because some 17 year old knocked up by her tennis coach wants an abortion? Because the STUPID ASS Republicans consider abortion rights an important issue we will be stuck with rampant inflation, porous borders, out of control crime, and the continual trillion dollar bills that we can’t afford.
September 11th, 2022 at 1:11:42 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: SOOPOO
Because the STUPID ASS Republicans consider abortion rights an important issue we will be stuck with rampant inflation, porous borders, out of control crime, and the continual trillion dollar bills that we can’t afford.

A bit extreme there, but better that than the tyranny of Trump.
September 11th, 2022 at 3:05:02 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Thanks for your thoughts! YOU are exactly who I think will turn close races the Dems way. The STUPID ASS Republicans are ceding control of the nation to the abject failure Democrats because some 17 year old knocked up by her tennis coach wants an abortion? Because the STUPID ASS Republicans consider abortion rights an important issue we will be stuck with rampant inflation, porous borders, out of control crime, and the continual trillion dollar bills that we can’t afford.

lol @ blaming Dems for “out of control crime.”

What country are you living in?

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/safest-states-in-the-us.html

(Not to mention the fact that the Republican party’s standard bearer is a huge criminal who will be indicted sometime after this year’s elections are over).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 11th, 2022 at 3:13:25 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

(Not to mention the fact that the Republican party’s standard bearer is a huge criminal who will be indicted sometime after this year’s elections are over).

Its ironic the that the ten (really 15) most dangerous States are deep red.... And, that the States with strict gun laws are the safest.

But, yes sadly the Republican party has certainly become the party of organized crime.
September 11th, 2022 at 3:26:10 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I agree
Been all over the country
Often travel in urban areas
I even visited Jackson MS which says a lot because almost nobody visits Jackson.
I was there just for the Blues Trail.
I'm aware of crime but I also use common sense
Overall it's a very safe country from my experiences which are quite extensive over the last 2 years.
Biggest problem I see is homelessness, not crime
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 12th, 2022 at 1:02:40 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

I live in NYS. The state that allows criminals back on the streets because bail is racist, sexist, homophobic, etc…
I live in the country where police are now reluctant to do their jobs due to the attacks on them from the left. If you actually believe Democrat policies and rhetoric have not increased crime in the states and municipalities they control I can’t help you.

If the Democrats can find enough evidence to convict Trump of a crime, I’m sure they will charge him. If the jury convicts him, then so be it. Not relevant to the day to day disasters that cities like Portland and Chicago experience.
You don’t remember mayor of (Seattle or Portland?) calling the crime wave a ‘party’ or some such during the BLM riots?
September 12th, 2022 at 1:16:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I guess it's time to see what claims hold up.

Here's one.

Quote:
Despite Mayor Eric Adams and NYPD Commissioner Keechant Sewell’s repeated attempts to tie rising crime levels to bail reforms, the numbers continue to tell a different story.

The Office of Court Administration and the Division of Criminal Justice Services recently released data that shows only 2.4% of all individuals released were rearrested on a violent felony change.

“As to what bail is designed to do, it is doing it. In New York State bail has always been meant to ensure people’s return to court and post bail reform, almost nine in ten people make it to all of their subsequent court appearances,” Arielle Reid from The Legal Aid Society’s Decarceration Project told AMNY. “Of the thousands of people who have been allowed to return home to their families, to their jobs and their children during the pendency of their cases, more than 95% of them are not rearrested on violent felony offenses.”

https://legalaidnyc.org/news/las-new-data-shows-bail-reform-is-working/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?