2 votes (50%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

September 12th, 2022 at 1:27:34 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
I guess it's time to see what claims hold up.

Here's one.

https://legalaidnyc.org/news/las-new-data-shows-bail-reform-is-working/

Let’s not let statistics get in the way of our scapegoating!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 12th, 2022 at 2:07:24 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Let’s not let statistics get in the way of our scapegoating!

Too easy…,, What is the main reason criminals do not commit more crimes than they do already? Fear of imprisonment. The Democrats have removed that disincentive for crimes like pickpocketing, shoplifting, simple assault, disorderly conducts, etc…. The fact hat there is no bail requirement in and of itself leads to increased crime. Not including the 2.4% that those out on no bail commit. Plus add in the falsely low rates as the cops just don’t want to be bothered arresting someone to see them again on the streets tomorrow.

If you want to call thoughtful analysis scapegoating…. Feel free!
September 12th, 2022 at 2:22:53 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
Too easy…,, What is the main reason criminals do not commit more crimes than they do already? Fear of imprisonment. The Democrats have removed that disincentive for crimes like pickpocketing, shoplifting, simple assault, disorderly conducts, etc…. The fact hat there is no bail requirement in and of itself leads to increased crime. Not including the 2.4% that those out on no bail commit. Plus add in the falsely low rates as the cops just don’t want to be bothered arresting someone to see them again on the streets tomorrow.

If you want to call thoughtful analysis scapegoating…. Feel free!

Ok, so let us set aside random property crime and non-murder violent crime since those statistics can be flawed (in your view). Let's strictly focus on murder by State (since murder cannot be brushed under the rug). I guess the ten most dangerous States (by murder rate per population) must be Blue.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/murder-rate-by-state

Oh wait another Red Wave......

Mississippi - 20.50 per 100k
Louisiana - 19.90 per 100k
Alabama - 14.20 per 100k
Missouri - 14 per 100k
Arkansas - 13 per 100k
South Carolina - 12.70 per 100k
Tennessee - 11.50 per 100k
Maryland - 11.40 per 100k
Illinois - 11.20 per 100k
New Mexico - 10.80 per 100k

(Minus New Mexico and Maryland who lean Blue) But, Mississippi which is regarded as the ideal conservative State is vastly more dangerous, than even the worst blue state....

You just have to accept that Blue State are safer, and saying otherwise is objectively wrong.
September 12th, 2022 at 2:53:00 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO

I live in the country where police are now reluctant to do their jobs due to the attacks on them from the left.

I support the majority of police officers
But
You have to attack any officers that break the law
That's just common sense
Just look at this board
The extremists are on the right. They believe Trump won
Everybody of the left here are common sense leftists
None of us support extremist policies as defund the police. None of us support reparations.
If we here on the board attack the police, it's because they are breaking the law.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 12th, 2022 at 4:19:53 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
I support the majority of police officers
But
You have to attack any officers that break the law
That's just common sense

Absolutely
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 12th, 2022 at 7:06:09 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
LMAO

Quote:
NEW: Senate Republicans led by Lindsey Graham are introducing a national ban on abortions later in pregnancy tomorrow.

The name of the bill is "Protecting Pain-Capable Unborn Children from Late-Term Abortions Act." Previous bills he has intro'd with similar names have banned abortion @ 20 wks of pregnancy. Text of this version is not yet available but there are reports it moves the line to 15 wks

Are they trying to lose the mid-terms?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 13th, 2022 at 2:59:27 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
LMAO

Amazing
Looks like he is ignoring Kansas
Looks like he is ignoring the will of the PEOPLE
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 13th, 2022 at 10:50:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
LMAO

I didn’t notice he wanted a federal law. You could probably find a majority that would agree to somewhere in the first trimester but 15 weeks is hogwash. If it’s going to be legal in some states, and not in others you still have to factor people needing to make travel arrangements around available appointment times in overbooked clinics. And women, young women in particular not knowing they are pregnant and having a minimum of time.

Edit my bad, 2nd trimester.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 13th, 2022 at 11:53:27 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Gandler
Ok, so let us set aside random property crime and non-murder violent crime since those statistics can be flawed (in your view). Let's strictly focus on murder by State (since murder cannot be brushed under the rug). I guess the ten most dangerous States (by murder rate per population) must be Blue.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/murder-rate-by-state

Oh wait another Red Wave......

Mississippi - 20.50 per 100k
Louisiana - 19.90 per 100k
Alabama - 14.20 per 100k
Missouri - 14 per 100k
Arkansas - 13 per 100k
South Carolina - 12.70 per 100k
Tennessee - 11.50 per 100k
Maryland - 11.40 per 100k
Illinois - 11.20 per 100k
New Mexico - 10.80 per 100k

(Minus New Mexico and Maryland who lean Blue) But, Mississippi which is regarded as the ideal conservative State is vastly more dangerous, than even the worst blue state....

You just have to accept that Blue State are safer, and saying otherwise is objectively wrong.

You have got to be kidding me! As far as crime goes, I don't live in a 'state', I live in an area, or city, or county. NY is not on the list because of the dozens of Red counties that somewhat offset Blue NYC, Buffalo, and Rochester! Same concept with California. Take St. Louis (Democrat) out of Missouri and how do you think the statistics will look? Please tell me you actually don't believe that Louisiana is unsafe because of the rural Republican counties and not New Orleans and its slum suburbs?
September 13th, 2022 at 11:57:20 AM permalink
SOOPOO
LMAO

Apparently. Inflation high again, market crashing ( down around 4% just today), and Graham cares about the specifics of abortion. The pathetic economy and soaring inflation is a GIFT to the stupid ass Republicans who choose to focus on a subject that 70% of America is against them. If KANSAS hasn't taught them something, can anything?