2 votes (50%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

September 13th, 2022 at 12:07:34 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Apparently. Inflation high again, market crashing ( down around 4% just today), and Graham cares about the specifics of abortion. The pathetic economy and soaring inflation is a GIFT to the stupid ass Republicans who choose to focus on a subject that 70% of America is against them. If KANSAS hasn't taught them something, can anything?

I just don't think this is a problem that originates with the US administration
This is a worldwide phenomenon
The entire planetary economy is suffering for several reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with Biden.
Virus in China affecting the supply chain and the Russia Ukraine war. The war is the biggie. What Biden does is a pittance to these 2 factors.
Yea the stock market sucked today
But it was no surprise to me
Because I followed London before today's opening. If it was sucking there, it's gonna suck here. It's a planetary economy.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 13th, 2022 at 3:21:44 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: terapined
The entire planetary economy is suffering for several reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with Biden.
Virus in China affecting the supply chain and the Russia Ukraine war. The war is the biggie. What Biden does is a pittance to these 2 factors.
Because I followed London before today's opening. If it was sucking there, it's gonna suck here. It's a planetary economy.

There’s reasons that have nothing to do with Biden and there’s reasons that have to do with Biden. Money printer continuing to go brrrr while GDP limited had something to do with Biden, us paying more than Europe combined to Ukraine does and I’m not so sure the entire Ukraine-Russia situation has “nothing” to do with Biden either.
September 13th, 2022 at 3:22:30 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0

There’s reasons that have nothing to do with Biden and there’s reasons that have to do with Biden. Money printer continuing to go brrrr while GDP limited had something to do with Biden, us paying more than Europe combined to Ukraine does and I’m not so sure the entire Ukraine-Russia situation escalating in the first has “nothing” to do with Biden either.
September 13th, 2022 at 5:29:32 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
You have got to be kidding me! As far as crime goes, I don't live in a 'state', I live in an area, or city, or county. NY is not on the list because of the dozens of Red counties that somewhat offset Blue NYC, Buffalo, and Rochester! Same concept with California. Take St. Louis (Democrat) out of Missouri and how do you think the statistics will look? Please tell me you actually don't believe that Louisiana is unsafe because of the rural Republican counties and not New Orleans and its slum suburbs?

Then why are Blue States with much more cities and much higher population density, let's say NJ, not at the top of the list, the whole State is one City?

Versus Red States that have a handful of cities (if they can even be called cities)?

Louisiana is unsafe because of poverty meshed with Red policies (easy access to guns, poor human services, and no abortion -literally illegal now-). Sure the people in some of those areas may identify as blue, but they are operating under red policies.

However, your interpretation of the list is wrong, its based on per capita (population scaling), so it does not matter if a State has a bunch of empty "red counties", it does not effect the population stats. Overall population is what matters (divided by number of murders in 2020).
September 13th, 2022 at 5:43:07 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Gandler
Then why are Blue States with much more cities and much higher population density, let's say NJ, not at the top of the list, the whole State is one City?

Versus Red States that have a handful of cities (if they can even be called cities)?

Louisiana is unsafe because of poverty meshed with Red policies (easy access to guns, poor human services, and no abortion -literally illegal now-). Sure the people in some of those areas may identify as blue, but they are operating under red policies.

However, your interpretation of the list is wrong, its based on per capita (population scaling), so it does not matter if a State has a bunch of empty "red counties", it does not effect the population stats. Overall population is what matters (divided by number of murders in 2020).

New Jersey is 15% black. Louisiana is 32%.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 13th, 2022 at 5:47:41 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: kenarman

That sounds right, but it has nothing to do with murder rates. Policies of the state do.
September 14th, 2022 at 4:05:39 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman

Color has nothing to do with crime
There are many countries in Africa you can safely visit as a tourist
Mauritius, Ghana, and Botswana are overall pretty safe to visit.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 14th, 2022 at 7:21:54 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Color has nothing to do with crime
There are many countries in Africa you can safely visit as a tourist
Mauritius, Ghana, and Botswana are overall pretty safe to visit.

FBI:UCR An official website of the United States government

Table 43
Arrests
by Race and Ethnicity, 2019

Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter White 45.8 Blacks 51.2
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 15th, 2022 at 8:46:41 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
A lot of righties are extremely pissed at Lindsey Graham for…. being honest about the GOP’s position on abortion.

Can’t imagine why they’re so angry !

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 17th, 2022 at 5:13:05 AM permalink
terapined
Understatement of the year
https://www.yahoo.com/news/im-not-smart-herschel-walker-090029854.html
'I'm not that smart': Herschel Walker says 'he'll do his best' in debate against Warnock