Fetterman v Oz

November 7th, 2022 at 10:42:33 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Just remember if mail in was legit they would count them first not last.

lol

What a stupid post.

The PA GOP is the reason they can’t count them first. They purposefully blocked it. Nice try.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 7th, 2022 at 2:48:24 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: gamerfreak
Nope, state website says it was not received.

Clever way to pump up the mail-in votes. You forgot a key word in your post, received YET. So you are going to go and vote again and your original ballot shows up and gets counted as well, or maybe it has but didn't get registered properly. These are all the loopholes in mail in ballots that make them less secure than in person voting.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 7th, 2022 at 3:00:42 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: kenarman
Clever way to pump up the mail-in votes. You forgot a key word in your post, received YET. So you are going to go and vote again and your original ballot shows up and gets counted as well, or maybe it has but didn't get registered properly. These are all the loopholes in mail in ballots that make them less secure than in person voting.

That’s not how any of this works. Your post is quite dumb and uninformed.
November 7th, 2022 at 7:21:17 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: ams288
That’s not how any of this works. Your post is quite dumb and uninformed.

Or possibly it is vice versa.
November 8th, 2022 at 5:56:32 AM permalink
ams288
Or possibly it is vice versa.

Sure. Provide actual evidence supporting your last post and I will happily acquiesce.

Your problem is that your fellow Big Lie-pushers said the same thing in 2020 and came up with absolutely nothing.
November 8th, 2022 at 6:31:03 AM permalink
kenarman
Quote: ams288
Sure. Provide actual evidence supporting your last post and I will happily acquiesce.

Your problem is that your fellow Big Lie-pushers said the same thing in 2020 and came up with absolutely nothing.

From the L A Times'

"BY GRACE TOOHEYSTAFF WRITER
OCT. 18, 2022 8:43 PM PT

About 5,000 people in Riverside County will receive duplicate vote-by-mail ballots for the November midterm election after a “computer system error,” but the mistake won’t allow voters to cast ballots twice, according to the county registrar."

Mistakes happen. Maybe the computer will catch them but who knows. Will the official that screwed up admit they got counted?

You can't legitimately argue that mail-in voting is as secure as in person voting. Do you care, apparently not. I do because I believe in democracy, unlike most of the lefties now.
November 8th, 2022 at 6:42:59 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
From the L A Times'

"BY GRACE TOOHEYSTAFF WRITER
OCT. 18, 2022 8:43 PM PT

About 5,000 people in Riverside County will receive duplicate vote-by-mail ballots for the November midterm election after a “computer system error,” but the mistake won’t allow voters to cast ballots twice, according to the county registrar."

Mistakes happen. Maybe the computer will catch them but who knows. Will the official that screwed up admit they got counted?

You can't legitimately argue that mail-in voting is as secure as in person voting. Do you care, apparently not. I do because I believe in democracy, unlike most of the lefties now.

Easy solution
If somebody votes twice
Prosecute with evidence
I'm still waiting on any EVIDENCE supporting the big lie.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 8th, 2022 at 7:16:24 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Easy solution
If somebody votes twice
Prosecute with evidence
I'm still waiting on any EVIDENCE supporting the big lie.

As many know I am very apolitical, but my biggest problem with mail in voting is that someone else in the household could cast my ballot. I don't know how that can be easily prevented.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 8th, 2022 at 7:44:39 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DRich
As many know I am very apolitical, but my biggest problem with mail in voting is that someone else in the household could cast my ballot. I don't know how that can be easily prevented.

Bingo! At a polling station at least theoretically the person voting under the name John Q Public has been verified as being John Q Public by a poll worker. Not so much for the Alzheimer’s addled parents of the (pick one)
1. Far left whacko
2. Far right whacko

Anyone who says that mail in ballots are ‘secure’ is just whacko!

That being said, there is no reason to believe one party is more likely to benefit from this type of ‘non security’.

Some believe easy access to voting trumps security. Some don’t.

I don’t. Im about to jump in my car with wifey and go vote.
November 8th, 2022 at 7:54:26 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Apparently Fetterman has filed a lawsuit asking that illegal ballots be counted. Pennsylvania law requires mail in ballots be dated. Fetterman wants that law ignored.

Seems ironic that a Senate candidate wants to ignore a law regarding elections!

If you think that requirement is wrong/bad/racist…. elect officials who will change that !!!!