Walker v Warnock

Page 2 of 9<12345>Last »
October 4th, 2022 at 9:03:35 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Last night: Walker said he was going to file lawsuit this morning over the abortion story.

This morning: No lawsuit, his lawyers say they are considering all options.

What a dumpster fire.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 4th, 2022 at 12:27:36 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
But will it matter to the voters of Georgia, both rural and inner city?

Hell, most couldn't spell "hypocrite," let alone know what it means and how it should affect their opinion of Walker.
October 4th, 2022 at 2:26:37 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Even foxnews I'd describing this as a bombshell
Love it
And
They have to give the Daily Beast credit in their article

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-gop-senate-herschel-walker-denies-report-paid-girlfriends-abortion
"Georgia GOP Senate candidate Herschel Walker denies bombshell report that he paid for a girlfriend’s abortion
Walker faces a new controversy with just five weeks to go until Election Day"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 4th, 2022 at 3:05:45 PM permalink
ams288
It’s very clear from their reaction to this story that most anti-choice righties don’t *actually* believe abortion is murder.
October 4th, 2022 at 4:01:01 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288
It’s very clear from their reaction to this story that most anti-choice righties don’t *actually* believe abortion is murder.

If it's a Dem they scream bloody murder
If it's a Trumper, they Yawn
This is the hypocritical Trump party. Logic and facts don't count. Believing the big lie is what counts
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 4th, 2022 at 6:15:19 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
If it's a Dem they scream bloody murder
If it's a Trumper, they Yawn
This is the hypocritical Trump party. Logic and facts don't count. Believing the big lie is what counts

Not having the Democrats control the Senate to many outweighs, as you put it, electing the worst senate candidate in history. Do I want a brilliant guy who will vote for multi trillion dollar spending bills or do I want a doofus who will be told to vote against them? If I remember correctly many on this board proudly said they would vote for a potted plant over Trump. I’m sure the other side would vote for a potted plant over Warnock. Walker is the equivalent of the potted plant.

I of course could not vote for Warnock under any circumstances. But I also could not pull that lever for Walker. If I lived in Georgia I’d probably write my own name in, like I did in the last presidential election.
October 5th, 2022 at 6:11:09 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO
Not having the Democrats control the Senate to many outweighs, as you put it, electing the worst senate candidate in history. Do I want a brilliant guy who will vote for multi trillion dollar spending bills or do I want a doofus who will be told to vote against them? If I remember correctly many on this board proudly said they would vote for a potted plant over Trump. I’m sure the other side would vote for a potted plant over Warnock. Walker is the equivalent of the potted plant.

I of course could not vote for Warnock under any circumstances. But I also could not pull that lever for Walker. If I lived in Georgia I’d probably write my own name in, like I did in the last presidential election.

Typical republican these days
Spending money way worse then holding a loaded gun to your wife's head threatening murder.
Come on conservatives. You want this sicko representing you. Get off the couch and vote Wornock.
I vote against candidates all the time because they totally disgust me as human beings. Sometimes it's not about politics. Sometimes it's about making sure a disgusting peice of trash does not get power

HuffPost: Herschel Walker's Son Just Backed Up Explosive Allegations Of Domestic Abuse.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/herschel-walkers-son-just-backed-up-explosive-allegations-of-domestic-abuse_n_633caf86e4b08e0e6072a4ee?ncid=NEWSSTAND0001
October 5th, 2022 at 9:32:36 AM permalink
ams288
Oh, and in this race, if no one gets to 50%, they have a runoff in January.

Lucky us.
October 5th, 2022 at 11:41:27 AM permalink
terapined

Lucky us.

Due to Soopoo type voters, that may happen
October 5th, 2022 at 3:01:26 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

Lucky us.

Its actually pretty common in GA, most major elections have enough random indie and third-party types that there is a good chance of a runoff. You need at least 50% to win, so the more candidates there are the less likely that one (even a popular one) will get the 50 in the first election. I honestly do not know the history, but for GA Senate elections it would not surprise me if many (maybe most) end up in a runoff.

I actually think its a good system because it allows people to more freely vote for third parties without being labelled a spoiler. n fact if more States became runoff States I think it could change a lot politically. Though it does suck when you have to wait a few more weeks to determine who will win (which in turn leads to a whole new set of campaign ads splattered everywhere, which can make it seem like perpetual campaign season if its a year with a couple elections...). But, overall I am proponent of the system.
Page 2 of 9<12345>Last »