Walker v Warnock

Page 7 of 9« First<456789>
December 5th, 2022 at 4:19:23 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
Quote: ams288
Republican hopes fade as Warnock momentum picks up in Georgia

Dems have already banked most of their votes in early voting and the GOP is hoping to get their voters to go out in the cold December rain.

Fascinating strategy. Donny’s anti-early voting campaign of 2020 continues to pay dividends.

Not saying it's a stupid idea to want to have only one day to vote.

Just kidding.

Yes I am.

I would argue that runoff systems are far superior to traditional elections. I would also argue that rank choice is even more superior, but this is not a reality anywhere in America (that I know of). So, for the short term, runoffs are a much better system.

The short version is it (both) allow you to initially vote for your favorite candidate without being labelled a "spoiler" and many other features.

I am very big on runoff systems for both stormwater and voting.
December 5th, 2022 at 6:40:32 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Dems have already banked most of their votes in early voting and the GOP is hoping to get their voters to go out in the cold December rain.

Fascinating strategy. Donny’s anti-early voting campaign of 2020 continues to pay dividends.

think it might be a landslide
Why go out and vote for this clown.
It's not like a regular vote where multiple offices are up for grabs.
I just can't see people going out of there way to vote only for him.
He's the epitome of dumb jock. He's an embarrassment
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 5th, 2022 at 6:48:05 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: terapined

I would not go so far as to say landslide, it is GA after all, look at MTG, having an IQ above 60 is not a requirement.

I think the fact that the Dems already locked the Senate down goes in Walker's favor, because it will encourage a lot of Dems on the edge to stay home. I still think Warnock will solidly win, but its not going to be as large of win as it would have been. A more critical election probably would have played better for Warnock (though its hard to say, you could say the same about the right, some of the right may be equally not caring at this point and just stay home). But, I still think it slightly favors Walker.
December 5th, 2022 at 11:48:20 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
In 2024 senate races for seats currently held by 10 Republicans, 21 Democrats, and 2 independents are going to be contested.
In 2022 Senate races were held for seats held by 14 Democrats and 20 Republicans. PA senate seats was held by a Republican but Republlican party failed to hold the seat.
The GA runoff election is no longer critical since Dr. Oz's loss in PA means that the control of the Senate is already determined. Emphasis should move to 2024.

These are the Democratic senators who won by the smallest margin in 2018
49.6% West Virginia Joe Manchin
50.0% Arizona Kyrsten Sinema
50.3% Montana Jon Tester
50.4% Nevada Jacky Rosen
December 6th, 2022 at 9:23:34 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler
Quote: terapined

I would not go so far as to say landslide, it is GA after all, look at MTG, having an IQ above 60 is not a requirement.

I think the fact that the Dems already locked the Senate down goes in Walker's favor, because it will encourage a lot of Dems on the edge to stay home. I still think Warnock will solidly win, but its not going to be as large of win as it would have been. A more critical election probably would have played better for Warnock (though its hard to say, you could say the same about the right, some of the right may be equally not caring at this point and just stay home). But, I still think it slightly favors Walker.

I cannot agree with your thinking at all! The ONLY reason MOST of the Republicans were voting for Walker was for Senate control. The Democrats were voting for Warnock for a multitude of reasons…. Senate control, he has an IQ above 100, he isn’t Walker!

And I doubt most Georgia Republicans are smart enough to realize that this race is AS IMPORTANT as any Senate race in 2024 for Senate control then.

My guess…. Warnock 52.2%. Walker 47.8%.
December 6th, 2022 at 5:45:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Come on dead people and illegal immigrants in Georgia! Hope you turned out!
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 6th, 2022 at 6:45:32 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Quote: Dave Wasserman
I've seen enough: Sen. Raphael Warnock (D) defeats Herschel Walker (R) in the #GASEN runoff, giving Democrats a 51-49 majority in the Senate.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 6th, 2022 at 6:47:28 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JCW09
Geez, another race of incompetents!
Despite his intellectual deficiencies, I think GA goes Red and votes for their football star.
Warnock is only in office because of the Orange Man's Temper Tantrums post the 2020 Election.
The debates if they happen, should be comedy gold!
I think Walker gets there, incredibly, but only they love their football in GA.

The last one of jcw’s stupid predictions to come tumbling down…

End of an era.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 7th, 2022 at 6:40:08 AM permalink
Gandler
A very positive result indeed.
December 7th, 2022 at 6:47:51 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Gandler
A very positive result indeed.

Again, I have very little interest in politics but I must say I was happy to see this result. To me Walker just seems so uneducated and dumb I was happy the Georgia population was smart enough to not elect him.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
Page 7 of 9« First<456789>