DeSantis: the real deal?

October 25th, 2022 at 7:02:28 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Quote: Tanko
Less than weeks after Ian destroyed a section of the Sanibel Causeway, it is already opened to broad traffic.

Meanwhile in California, Governor Newsom is threatening to scrap plans for a $1.7 million public toilet in San Francisco, that would take more than two years to complete.

This comes off as a desperate false equivalence.

If the public toilet was the only access way into SF, I’m sure it would have been completed by now. lol

After seeing Bit Tits’s pitiful debate performance last night, I’d LOOOOVE to see him to head to head with someone as polished as Newsom.

I’d take a DeSantis versus Newsom election in a heartbeat. Unless Trump sabotaged DeSantis (DEFINITELY a possibility) DeSantis would cruise to victory. In the majority of states that would be unhappy about having busloads of illegals flown and bused their way, DeSantis picks up their electoral votes. Both DeSantis and Newsom seem equally well suited to political debate. Their policies would determine the outcome. I’d bet big $$ on the usual popular vote win for Newsom and easy electoral college win for DeSantis.
October 25th, 2022 at 7:48:11 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Less than weeks after Ian destroyed a section of the Sanibel Causeway, it is already opened to broad traffic.

Meanwhile in California, Governor Newsom is threatening to scrap plans for a $1.7 million public toilet in San Francisco, that would take more than two years to complete.

If the public toilet was the only access way into SF, I’m sure it would have been completed by now. lol

After seeing Bit Tits’s pitiful debate performance last night, I’d LOOOOVE to see him to head to head with someone as polished as Newsom.

I’d take a DeSantis versus Newsom election in a heartbeat. Unless Trump sabotaged DeSantis (DEFINITELY a possibility) DeSantis would cruise to victory. In the majority of states that would be unhappy about having busloads of illegals flown and bused their way, DeSantis picks up their electoral votes. Both DeSantis and Newsom seem equally well suited to political debate. Their policies would determine the outcome. I’d bet big $$ on the usual popular vote win for Newsom and easy electoral college win for DeSantis.

Your political predictions are almost as bad as jcw’s.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 25th, 2022 at 9:33:57 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

You way way way over estimate the effect of immigration policy on voters
It's really not a huge issue
There are 3 MAJOR issues and immigration ain't on the list.
Abortion
Economy
Trump
That's it, everything else are small issues moving small numbers.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 25th, 2022 at 10:24:49 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: terapined

Yeah. No idea why SOOPOO thinks Big Tits’s immigration stunt is such a big deal. He can’t stop talking about it.

No mention of them bussing the immigrants back down to help clean up his nasty state’s hurricane mess. 👀
October 25th, 2022 at 11:10:42 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The democrat run city of El Paso sent most of the illegals to NYC. Not Abbott. They were sending nine to fourteen busses daily, and only stopped recently, when the Biden administration agreed to send Venezuelans to Mexico. Our useless mayor knew that, but focused his complaints on Abbott and the Republicans.

'Under-fire El Paso Mayor Oscar Leeser finally stops busing border-crossers to NYC'

Texas and Florida did them a favor.

NYC will provide them with free shelter, clothing, food, medical care, cleaning and landry services to them for life. All they need to do is breathe.

They've been looking for work, but there isn't much for them to do.

Many service industry jobs are unionized, and there is no shortage of legal residents willing to wait tables, where they can earn a lot more than $15 per hour in tips.
October 26th, 2022 at 1:13:37 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: terapined

There are 3 MAJOR issues and immigration ain't on the list.
Abortion
Economy
Trump
That's it, everything else are small issues moving small numbers.

I think among voters that an issue could actually change their mind, I think only the economy qualifies. I believe if the economy (inflation killing it) was better, the Dems would be doing better. All I’ve read and heard is the momentum the Dems got from the Repubs stupidity on abortion is gone.

I do think crime/immigration is also a big win for Republicans. Just a few more weeks to see if I’m right….
October 26th, 2022 at 1:28:10 PM permalink
ams288
I do think crime/immigration is also a big win for Republicans. Just a few more weeks to see if I’m right….

Yeah, no.

That’s not how it works.

If the GOP wins the mid-terms (in a year with raging inflation when the Dems control Congress and the WH) you don’t get to claim it was because of immigration.
October 26th, 2022 at 1:43:07 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Yeah, no.

That’s not how it works.

If the GOP wins the mid-terms (in a year with raging inflation when the Dems control Congress and the WH) you don’t get to claim it was because of immigration.

I’ll agree with you. It’s mostly Democrat fueled inflation. And a small part Democrat fueled crime increase.
October 27th, 2022 at 1:41:08 PM permalink
ams288
Quote:
Trump, who attempted a coup to remain in power but whose ability to come up with childish nicknames for his rivals apparently still scares Republicans, is reportedly choosing between two for Ron DeSantis:

Potato Boy
Fat Ron

👀
November 6th, 2022 at 4:01:37 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-ron-desantis-2658605006/
Trump's 'Ron DeSanctimonious' attack shows race for 2024 GOP nomination in full swing
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"