Hurricane Evacuation

Page 5 of 5« First<2345
October 3rd, 2022 at 7:24:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Any trucker gas stations along the highway (like Flying J) has nice showers for about $10. Bring your own soap and towel.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 5th, 2022 at 5:41:38 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
A picture is worth a thousand words.

lol @ the guy’s t-shirt.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 8th, 2022 at 10:38:01 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I survived Ian. Fortunately my house had no flooding but both my mothers and sisters had about 8 inches of water in the house. Their houses are not habitable now. We are hoping to have them back in their houses in six months.

After 10 days with no power it came on about an hour ago. The hardest part was grocery stores were closed for over a week so we couldn't get any fresh food. We did have our hurricane box with plenty of dried and canned goods. All cooked food had to be done on the propane grill.

The hardest part was cell phone service was basically out for a week and when you could get it you couldn't recharge the battery. We had solar chargers for the phone but they really didn't work.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 8th, 2022 at 11:41:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Perhaps filling the houses with rice.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 9th, 2022 at 10:34:56 AM permalink
rxwine
I think the wsj story is a freebie if you want to read the rest.

Litigation is looming for home insurers in Florida as cash-strapped, underinsured homeowners—paired with an aggressive plaintiffs’ bar—are expected to turn to the court system to try to force payments for flood damage that the carriers say they aren’t legally obligated to cover.

Fewer than one-third to just over 40% of the Florida homes in the two coastal counties hardest hit by Hurricane Ian are covered by flood policies, although standard homeowners’ policies in the U.S. for decades have excluded flood damage. In some of the inland counties badly flooded by Ian’s torrential rains, only a few out of every 100 homes have flood insurance.
At stake are potentially billions of dollars in proceeds from homeowners’ policies that, if homeowners get their way, could close some of the insurance gap and help people rebuild and repair homes. Insurers say their flooding exclusions are solid and the premiums they charged didn’t bake in responsibility for flooding damage. But determining whether wind or water actually caused the damage isn’t always clear-cut, particularly if just a slab is left.

https://apple.news/A7Ez76CuCRVy1RS8AYMxYqg
October 9th, 2022 at 11:26:54 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
I think the wsj story is a freebie if you want to read the rest.

Litigation is looming for home insurers in Florida as cash-strapped, underinsured homeowners—paired with an aggressive plaintiffs’ bar—are expected to turn to the court system to try to force payments for flood damage that the carriers say they aren’t legally obligated to cover.

Fewer than one-third to just over 40% of the Florida homes in the two coastal counties hardest hit by Hurricane Ian are covered by flood policies, although standard homeowners’ policies in the U.S. for decades have excluded flood damage. In some of the inland counties badly flooded by Ian’s torrential rains, only a few out of every 100 homes have flood insurance.
At stake are potentially billions of dollars in proceeds from homeowners’ policies that, if homeowners get their way, could close some of the insurance gap and help people rebuild and repair homes. Insurers say their flooding exclusions are solid and the premiums they charged didn’t bake in responsibility for flooding damage. But determining whether wind or water actually caused the damage isn’t always clear-cut, particularly if just a slab is left.

https://apple.news/A7Ez76CuCRVy1RS8AYMxYqg

Desantis needs to beg for a govt bail out
Will he do it.?????????????
The insurance industry ain't gonna cover flood damage if its not in the policy.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 15th, 2022 at 10:05:00 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DRich
I survived Ian. Fortunately my house had no flooding but both my mothers and sisters had about 8 inches of water in the house. Their houses are not habitable now. We are hoping to have them back in their houses in six months.

After 10 days with no power it came on about an hour ago. The hardest part was grocery stores were closed for over a week so we couldn't get any fresh food. We did have our hurricane box with plenty of dried and canned goods. All cooked food had to be done on the propane grill.

The hardest part was cell phone service was basically out for a week and when you could get it you couldn't recharge the battery. We had solar chargers for the phone but they really didn't work.

How are things in the neighborhood now?

Have you been down to that area where that cam was recording until it's feed got cut off?
October 16th, 2022 at 2:56:32 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
How are things in the neighborhood now?

Have you been down to that area where that cam was recording until it's feed got cut off?

All of the neighborhoods still look terrible as no trash or debris pickup has happened yet. I believe they are still only letting residents on Ft Myers beach.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
Page 5 of 5« First<2345