California court rules in favor of baker refusing to bake a gay cake.

Page 1 of 3123>
October 25th, 2022 at 8:04:31 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
A California judge has ruled in favor of Miller a bakery owner who refused to make wedding cakes for a same-sex couple because it violated her Christian beliefs.

California's overreaching government slapped down again.

I suspect this could be appealed all the way to the supreme court.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 25th, 2022 at 8:23:00 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
What is a “gay cake?”

Are cakes born gay?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 25th, 2022 at 9:12:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I wonder if they would make a cake depicting a penis going into a vagina? A married penis and vagina of course.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 25th, 2022 at 1:44:44 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
I wonder if they would make a cake depicting a penis going into a vagina? A married penis and vagina of course.

Do married people still do that? I guess I am getting old.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 26th, 2022 at 12:48:17 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
When a baker is asked to make a special cake, he should be able to say 'no'

best example I have is what if I asked a sculptor to sculpt a special statue? Maybe it wasn't controversial, even. I just wanted it to show some theme he didn't care for, like hooray Commanders. He should be able to say no. Same for special cakes. He's creating something.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 26th, 2022 at 1:42:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
When a baker is asked to make a special cake, he should be able to say 'no'

best example I have is what if I asked a sculptor to sculpt a special statue? Maybe it wasn't controversial, even. I just wanted it to show some theme he didn't care for, like hooray Commanders. He should be able to say no. Same for special cakes. He's creating something.

Hopefully they don't make cakes for these people. But somehow, I doubt it

Quote:
It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’ But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery. – Matthew 5:31-32
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 27th, 2022 at 2:04:38 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
I remember The Simple Life of Paris and Nicole had an episode where Paris and Nicole were maids or something like that for a Lesbian Couple who were Fiances. Paris and Nicole bought them a wedding cake that had four boobs on it or something like that. The Lesbians found it amusing but I personally found it weird. 🤐
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
October 27th, 2022 at 2:15:19 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: kenarman
A California judge has ruled in favor of Miller a bakery owner who refused to make wedding cakes for a same-sex couple because it violated her Christian beliefs.

California's overreaching government slapped down again.

I suspect this could be appealed all the way to the supreme court.

At first I was like," California actually sided with the Bakery owner who basically shunned a same sex couple because of her religious beliefs? It's 2022, not 1922! How could California Court actually side with the Bakery owner in 2022! This is so bad!" But then I really thought about it and thought," if I were a bakery owner and some drug dealer wanted me to bake him a cake that had all types of drug paraphernalia cream frostings on it, I'd shun him to as I am not into drugs myself." Same goes for the bakery owner's religious beliefs. The same sex couple could easily find another bakery who is okay with same sex relationships.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
October 27th, 2022 at 3:03:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Riverjordan
At first I was like," California actually sided with the Bakery owner who basically shunned a same sex couple because of her religious beliefs? It's 2022, not 1922! How could California Court actually side with the Bakery owner in 2022! This is so bad!" But then I really thought about it and thought," if I were a bakery owner and some drug dealer wanted me to bake him a cake that had all types of drug paraphernalia cream frostings on it, I'd shun him to as I am not into drugs myself." Same goes for the bakery owner's religious beliefs. The same sex couple could easily find another bakery who is okay with same sex relationships.

Exactly. I go to a black baker and want a confederate flag cake? He has every right to refuse. My issue is it should not have to be "religious." I should simply be able to say, "I do not provide that service."
The President is a fink.
October 27th, 2022 at 3:05:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Riverjordan
I remember The Simple Life of Paris and Nicole had an episode where Paris and Nicole were maids or something like that for a Lesbian Couple who were Fiances. Paris and Nicole bought them a wedding cake that had four boobs on it or something like that. The Lesbians found it amusing but I personally found it weird. 🤐

I would find it weird. And I cannot see how gays would not find such a thing disgusting and anti-gay.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 3123>