Antisemitism 2022

Page 1 of 3123>
November 4th, 2022 at 1:31:45 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Our US Af/Americans have been quite about antisemitic feelings for a long time, but Kanye and some sports figures, and evidently others, have recently warmed it all up ... it's always been there I guess

I find the development kind of odd, and wouldn't be surprised to learn it has sprung from a Russian or Chinese misinformation campaign

Had to find out what the fuss was about in this "documentary"

https://www.adl.org/resources/blog/hebrews-negroes-what-you-need-know

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 4th, 2022 at 3:23:31 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Its a growing movement that is very disturbing. Just driving to work I see several "Black Israelite" billboards in prime real estate so they are getting in the mainstream.

I have never heard of this documentary though, I kind of want to watch it out of morbid curiosity. But, I would never buy it (they don't need more money).
November 4th, 2022 at 3:36:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
It has been going on at college campuses for a couple decades now. Centered on hate for Israel both by Muslim international students and PC locals.
The President is a fink.
November 4th, 2022 at 3:45:52 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
People have been anti-Semitic literally for Millenia. Water is wet. Neither should be surprising. Name a SINGLE present NBA player who has came out against Kyrie? I’m waiting…..
November 4th, 2022 at 4:05:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
No one mentioned Farrakhan. But as far as roots in the black community, that’s been around awhile.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 4th, 2022 at 5:52:17 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
People have been anti-Semitic literally for Millenia. Water is wet. Neither should be surprising. Name a SINGLE present NBA player who has came out against Kyrie? I’m waiting…..

I haven't followed the story. Has Kyrie made anti-Semetic comments recently are was he just promoting a film that does?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 4th, 2022 at 6:23:10 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: DRich
I haven't followed the story. Has Kyrie made anti-Semetic comments recently are was he just promoting a film that does?
ostensibly the latter, since he has complained he doesn't deserve the antisemitic charge. I think a lot of the Af/Ams like the premise that they are the true chosen people, or people of God if you like, and aren't bothered by the attending antisemitic content, which is real boilerplate stuff.

Others dig it, notably Kanye it would seem
November 5th, 2022 at 4:07:52 AM permalink
odiousgambit
the boilerplate stuff:

"To support its claims, the film cites statements from prominent antisemites and notorious antisemitic texts as supposed evidence of the “true” nature and identity of Jewish people. For example, the film includes passages from Henry Ford’s “The International Jew” and two purported (though seemingly fabricated) quotations from Adolf Hitler.
The film also advertises the book on which it is based, which features even more explicit antisemitism, including quotes from the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, a longer passage of Holocaust denial, attacks on Zionism, conspiratorial claims about the Rothschilds and more. " also " claims that Jews control the media" and were involved in the notorious African slave trade

As a specific differentiation from boilerplate, the film "disputes the identity of modern Jews, claiming they are “religious converts” who descended from the Khazars and have no historical connection to the land of Israel." and " that Jews falsified the history of the Holocaust in order to “conceal their nature and protect their status and power.” Specifically, "modern Jews are imposters who stole the religious heritage of Black people and have engaged in a “cover-up” to prevent Black people from knowing their “true” identity." ... this is certainly unique

https://www.adl.org/resources/blog/hebrews-negroes-what-you-need-know
November 6th, 2022 at 4:12:15 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Antisemitism is a strange thing that is one of the only points that link the far left and the far right. I would argue the problem is worse on the right (especially because I count extreme-Islam as a right-wing ideology, and Antisemitism is baked into the Islamist world, to the point where they make the KKK look benign on the topic....).

But, it's one of the few points where you will see communists, Islamists, the KKK, and Nazis all saying the same thing....

Its probably the oldest conspiracy theory in the world going to the middle ages (and actually earlier) where people think "The Jews" secretly run everything and use magic (or now technology) to influence humans....
November 6th, 2022 at 4:52:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Hungarian Jewish billionaire, philanthropist and Holocaust survivor George Soros

Quote:
Soros long has been a punching bag of authoritarian regimes across Eastern Europe where resentment lingers for his work to build democratic institutions and governments after the fall of the Iron Curtain. And voices in some liberal democracies like Israel cast Soros as a central figure trying to undermine the national interest.

In the United States, Soros long has been a favored target of the so-called alt right and other right-wing extremists. Their online echo chambers reverberate with conspiracies about Soros, accusing him of attempting to perpetrate “white genocide” and push his own malevolent agenda.

https://www.adl.org/blog/the-antisemitism-lurking-behind-george-soros-conspiracy-theories
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 1 of 3123>