Threads: 0
Welcome to Biden’s America amirite.
November 7th, 2022 at 2:30:17 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rquiredusername
Welcome to Biden’s America amirite.

Your welcome
Jill will (the 2nd female president after Edith Wilson) make sure he gets it right
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 8th, 2022 at 2:24:02 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Antisemitism is a strange thing that is one of the only points that link the far left and the far right. I would argue the problem is worse on the right (especially because I count extreme-Islam as a right-wing ideology, and Antisemitism is baked into the Islamist world, to the point where they make the KKK look benign on the topic....).

But, it's one of the few points where you will see communists, Islamists, the KKK, and Nazis all saying the same thing....

Its probably the oldest conspiracy theory in the world going to the middle ages (and actually earlier) where people think "The Jews" secretly run everything and use magic (or now technology) to influence humans....

The thing is this. Lots of people say that Jews are "too klanish" not mixing with outsiders beyond a friendly level. But the same people would have nothing do do with Jews, forcing the Jews to deal with each other only. Like Koreans and Chinese to name two groups, they started their own small businesses and entered just a few professions. For those two it was smaller retail shops. Jews started in retail but later dominated in banking, law, and medicine. Nothing unusual here, lots of groups did this. Italians and contracting to name one.

Thus the Jewish people shall we say, "punched above their weight" in these things, giving the impression that something must be up.

And do not forget, there is always a market for hating successful people. We hear from the left about "the rich" all the time. Same hate, different group.
The President is a fink.
November 8th, 2022 at 2:34:06 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I am so naive that I didn't even realize anti-semitism was a real thing in the U.S. I am not saying that I didn't know some existed, hate of people exists in every race, religion, etc. I am surprised that apparently it is bigger than I knew, or at least a group believes that it is. Racism I see regularly but I can't remember the last time anti-semitic speech or actions were apparent to me amongst people that I deal with. Maybe it is that people I associate with are just racist and not anti-semitic.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 8th, 2022 at 3:08:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
I am so naive that I didn't even realize anti-semitism was a real thing in the U.S. I am not saying that I didn't know some existed, hate of people exists in every race, religion, etc. I am surprised that apparently it is bigger than I knew, or at least a group believes that it is. Racism I see regularly but I can't remember the last time anti-semitic speech or actions were apparent to me amongst people that I deal with. Maybe it is that people I associate with are just racist and not anti-semitic.

My grandfather did not care for the Jews much. After his death two of his granddaughters married guys at least part Jewish. We sometimes wonder what he is thinking if he is looking down on us.
The President is a fink.
November 9th, 2022 at 1:03:04 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: AZDuffman
My grandfather did not care for the Jews much. After his death two of his granddaughters married guys at least part Jewish. We sometimes wonder what he is thinking if he is looking down on us.
Older relatives in my family had what I would call distrust of minorities, and Jews were on the list. I never heard any of the boilerplate crazy stuff, just suspicion etc

In life, for me, some of the finest people I've met have been Jews. Others were not so admirable, but still tended to be OK with their dealings with me. Older relatives seemed to be isolated from these experiences, they really didn't know Jews.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 11th, 2022 at 3:41:52 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
OK, this is not antisemitism but a glitch, but had to post it

"It's memorial day for Kristallnacht! Treat yourself with more tender cheese on your crispy chicken. Now at KFCheese!"

https://www.newser.com/story/327800/kfc-promo-urges-marking-nazi-horror-with-more-cheese.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_world_login
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 13th, 2022 at 10:44:40 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
I suspect SBF is going to be responsible for a medium term rise in anti-semitism. Certainly coincidence but the two biggest financial crimes perpetrated in the century having that correlation is not great for hoping for better.
November 13th, 2022 at 10:55:43 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: rquiredusername
I suspect SBF is going to be responsible for a medium term rise in anti-semitism.

He's Jewish??????? I had no idea
Immaterial
I'm following this case closely. Nobody mentions he's Jewish in the many articles and comments I've read.
I can't fathom the amounts of money that has disappeared. Somebody needs to do some time. Maybe SBF.
Reminds me of Quadriga scandal
Really good Netflix documentary on this. Trust no one : Hunt for the Crypto King.
I feel lucky I got out of bitcoin with a slight profit.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 13th, 2022 at 11:09:57 AM permalink
terapined
Some of the SBF insults are pretty graphic
This is in the same vein and pretty funny

Page 2 of 3<123>