Is A Red Wave or ROEvember Coming?

Page 2 of 3<123>
November 9th, 2022 at 9:48:06 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
Red puddle, he can jump up and down in it I suppose.

Could have been a red wave
If Trump stayed out instead of supporting deeply flawed candidates.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 9th, 2022 at 9:59:56 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Could have been a red wave
If Trump stayed out instead of supporting deeply flawed candidates.

That doesn’t really explain why the GOP’s house gains are so minimal. They’re going to have a very slim majority. This was not another 2010.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 9th, 2022 at 12:19:58 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: JCW09
It is a given that the GOP takes control of both the House & the Senate next week.
If that isn't the outcome, I would say ROEvember came to fruition & I would have to tip my hat to AMS.
For me, a Red Wave would mean 2 of 3 of the following results on 11/8:

GOP controls of 240 or more House Seats; +40 Seats (current average is +32 on RCP)
GOP controls >52 Senate Seats; meaning +3 Seats (that will require PA, GA, NV & AZ or NH)
GOP controls 30 or more Governor Mansions (going to have to win NY, MI or MN for this one, none will be easy)

Those are big hurdles but to be fair, if you are calling it a "Red Wave" there ought to be some big results.
The reality is we probably land between the ROEvember & Red Wave goal posts.
That is GOP controls both Houses, but not by the margins required for tsunami status & 29 or less Governorships.
That will mean ROEvember was washed away sometime in August & the Red Wave was more like a decent mid-term push back.
I'll take a result where GOP controls of both houses as a win as it sets up the 2024 Senate Map pretty favorably for the GOP.
That and when the Dems lose control of both Houses, the knives will come out for The Potted Plant.
They'll be some pruning before 2024, but they have no promising seedlings in the green house, so good luck with that.
There really is nothing like the Left eating their own after a defeat.
Or denying election results, isn't that right Stacy Abrams/Hillary Clinton?

Should be an entertaining Election Night, I think we will see Dem heads explode. But the real question is will Rachel cry again?
MSNBC is my coverage channel of choice as Steve Kornacki is the best in the Election Map Biz.
That and he rarely lets the leftist bias of the channel sway what the trends and maps are telling him.
Of course we won't get a lot of the results in close races "for several days"
You know, after the Dems find and add to the count the required "missing ballots"
#ElectionDenier #ThreatsToDemocracy #GOPAutocracy #VoterSuppression #JimCrow2.0 #RussianDisinformation
Let the excuses begin. LMAO.

I feel like I should have this post framed and put it up on my wall.

We’re all the “tick tock, LMAO” posts the counting down to your head exploding?
November 18th, 2022 at 4:27:45 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: JCW09
It is a given that the GOP takes control of both the House & the Senate next week.
If that isn't the outcome, I would say ROEvember came to fruition & I would have to tip my hat to AMS.
For me, a Red Wave would mean 2 of 3 of the following results on 11/8:

GOP controls of 240 or more House Seats; +40 Seats (current average is +32 on RCP)
GOP controls >52 Senate Seats; meaning +3 Seats (that will require PA, GA, NV & AZ or NH)
GOP controls 30 or more Governor Mansions (going to have to win NY, MI or MN for this one, none will be easy)

Those are big hurdles but to be fair, if you are calling it a "Red Wave" there ought to be some big results.
The reality is we probably land between the ROEvember & Red Wave goal posts.
That is GOP controls both Houses, but not by the margins required for tsunami status & 29 or less Governorships.
That will mean ROEvember was washed away sometime in August & the Red Wave was more like a decent mid-term push back.
I'll take a result where GOP controls of both houses as a win as it sets up the 2024 Senate Map pretty favorably for the GOP.
That and when the Dems lose control of both Houses, the knives will come out for The Potted Plant.
They'll be some pruning before 2024, but they have no promising seedlings in the green house, so good luck with that.
There really is nothing like the Left eating their own after a defeat.
Or denying election results, isn't that right Stacy Abrams/Hillary Clinton?

Should be an entertaining Election Night, I think we will see Dem heads explode. But the real question is will Rachel cry again?
MSNBC is my coverage channel of choice as Steve Kornacki is the best in the Election Map Biz.
That and he rarely lets the leftist bias of the channel sway what the trends and maps are telling him.
Of course we won't get a lot of the results in close races "for several days"
You know, after the Dems find and add to the count the required "missing ballots"
#ElectionDenier #ThreatsToDemocracy #GOPAutocracy #VoterSuppression #JimCrow2.0 #RussianDisinformation
Let the excuses begin. LMAO.

This post still brings me comfort.

Jcw hasn’t logged on here since Election Day (I can only assume he’s just busy running his oh-so-very successful business, and not at all butthurt about the election results).

When will he return to “tip his hat” to me and admit that by his own metrics, ROEVember was very real?
November 18th, 2022 at 8:52:33 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
This post still brings me comfort.

Jcw hasn’t logged on here since Election Day (I can only assume he’s just busy running his oh-so-very successful business, and not at all butthurt about the election results).

When will he return to “tip his hat” to me and admit that by his own metrics, ROEVember was very real?

I’ll sub for him. There was no Red Wave. But Speaker McCarthy (assuming he is who the Repubs pick) will be one of the 3 people that essentially decides on policy for the USA. That means no more multi trillion dollar new spending that we can’t afford, at least for two years. This is the best result for the country. The failure of Trump backed candidates (I hope) will allow the Repubs to pick someone other than Trump to take on Biden. Good results, actually. Had they taken Senate control all it would have meant is Biden would have had to veto stuff.
November 18th, 2022 at 10:21:27 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
I’ll sub for him. There was no Red Wave. But Speaker McCarthy (assuming he is who the Repubs pick) will be one of the 3 people that essentially decides on policy for the USA. That means no more multi trillion dollar new spending that we can’t afford, at least for two years.

The reality you ignore is that the Republican party spends as much as the Dems, just on different stuff.
Republicans were silent on lowering the deficit during the Trump administration. Infrastructure spending is better then that dumb wall.
That's why I vote Dem
Neither side is really willing to cut the deficit
One side is correct on social issues.
Might as well vote Dem.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 18th, 2022 at 10:53:13 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
The reality you ignore is that the Republican party spends as much as the Dems, just on different stuff.
Republicans were silent on lowering the deficit during the Trump administration. Infrastructure spending is better then that dumb wall.
That's why I vote Dem
Neither side is really willing to cut the deficit
One side is correct on social issues.
Might as well vote Dem.

Patently wrong. Had there been 51 Republican Senators the last two years we would have spent TRILLIONS less.

I have many times stated that having all 3 (House, Senate,Prez) from one party is a recipe for disaster, and I have been proven correct. And it would have been MUCH worse had it not been for Manchin/Sinema. We now have two years of a need for compromise. It’s all good.

You saw already how there are enough Republican Senators to advance the gay/interracial rights bill? The far right of the Republican Party must be going batshit crazy. As it should be.
November 18th, 2022 at 11:00:22 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
One side is clueless to listening to what the majority of American people want on social issues. The other talks a good game to pander to voters there, but is almost entirely performative with little to no consequential action. In the end they’re both bought by the same corporate interests.
November 18th, 2022 at 11:43:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The amount of overspending needs to be broken down in the amount of value received on it. If Soopoo spends 30k on a wedding and is divorced in 6 months, that is bad value.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 18th, 2022 at 2:05:58 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: rxwine
The amount of overspending needs to be broken down in the amount of value received on it. If Soopoo spends 30k on a wedding and is divorced in 6 months, that is bad value.

I’ve made it 3.5 years already! Worth every penny! I think it was a little bit less than $30k. But it included a week in Punts Cana and I paid for a bunch of people, so if you include their travel/hotel costs then over…….

I’m not exactly sure why, but I just hate debt. I paid off student loans as soon as I could while a financial planner would have told me not to. Same as mortgage on my first house. It carries over to my political views. Figure out how much money you can collect via taxes. Take some of that to save for UNEXPECTED emergencies. Use the rest for present day spending.
Page 2 of 3<123>