Poland missle attack

November 18th, 2022 at 7:18:37 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I just heard some inside news that I have not seen published yet.

The missiles that landed in Poland were fired by Russia but were intercepted by Ukrainian defenses knocking them off target. Poland was not the target.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 18th, 2022 at 9:41:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Remember when the idea of intercepting missiles was laughed at as “Star Wars?”
The President is a fink.
November 18th, 2022 at 10:29:00 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Remember when the idea of intercepting missiles was laughed at as “Star Wars?”

I could be wrong it's been many years since I read on it, but Star Wars (the military program) was about intercepting from space (IE having intercepting systems constantly orbiting waiting for a targey), which is what made it so outlandish and eventually fail (plus the whole no weapons in space agreement probably did not help).

Intercepting from ground (or sea) has been a long established tactict (it's much more refined now).
November 18th, 2022 at 11:20:47 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
I could be wrong it's been many years since I read on it, but Star Wars (the military program) was about intercepting from space (IE having intercepting systems constantly orbiting waiting for a targey), which is what made it so outlandish and eventually fail (plus the whole no weapons in space agreement probably did not help).

Intercepting from ground (or sea) has been a long established tactict (it's much more refined now).

Remember when Obama had us stop building missile defense in Europe so as not to agitate Russia?
The President is a fink.
November 18th, 2022 at 11:46:27 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Remember when Obama had us stop building missile defense in Europe so as not to agitate Russia?

Yeah, and it was a bad move.

There is no reason interceptors should be viewed as aggression, it's literally a shield, they are not used to strike land targets. Lots of people hear missile and get negative thoughts though (without understanding what most of our missiles are used for).
December 13th, 2022 at 1:34:01 AM permalink
paulcarrigan
Threads: 0
Any paper written, no matter how perfect the writer is, has to be subjected to review. Review at the urgent essays company does not take place because the paper is poorly written. Your professor has his or her own opinion regarding the paper and he or she will want to see that opinion formed in the paper. This is okay. The cheapest essay writing service writer will offer you unlimited revisions based on your original instructions.