Hey Whitey!

Page 4 of 4<1234
November 21st, 2022 at 2:02:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
My other question is why you worry about it? I walk around in the same world as you. I can be a target for this. You don't see me complaining about be targeted as a racist. I'm as easy to mistake for any other unknown white person.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 21st, 2022 at 3:18:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
It's a casual forum, but in political sections when making a contentious point, you should have a citation.

Casual discussions are about movies and sports. When you are talking about race and want to make sweeping statements about policy you need citations. You can't just feel a certain way.

Otherwise it would be like posting on WOV that you can beat a game and not cite the method that you use.

It is not their job to dispute your statement. If you make a proclamation the burden of proof is on the one making, otherwise in any debate you can simply reply, "I do not accept the premise" and you win by default (the burden is always on the person making a claim).

No need to cite common knowledge. What happens when someone "asks for a study" is they are saying "I cannot think for myself to refute your statement." Nobody has tried to refute here. If they disagree, it IS on them to show why. That is what I do with global warming which I do not accept.
The President is a fink.
November 21st, 2022 at 3:34:19 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
My other question is why you worry about it? I walk around in the same world as you. I can be a target for this. You don't see me complaining about be targeted as a racist. I'm as easy to mistake for any other unknown white person.

Not everyone is a cuck
November 21st, 2022 at 3:55:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: rquiredusername
Not everyone is a cuck

Some of us don't need a 'safe space' either, but I'm fine if someone else does.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 21st, 2022 at 4:41:46 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
No need to cite common knowledge. What happens when someone "asks for a study" is they are saying "I cannot think for myself to refute your statement." Nobody has tried to refute here. If they disagree, it IS on them to show why. That is what I do with global warming which I do not accept.

If you look at history, I don't think whites are the least racist. Europeans colonization hinged upon viewing subjugated groups that they were lesser.

I also, don't think whites are the most racist group either (I am not going to say who that is, because its too controversial), but looking at history, they are certainly not the "least racist" (if I had to rank them off my head whites would be somewhere in the middle). Of course, this is the problem with ranking racism by race, it forces you to lump races together (which is a form or racism), its probably better to look at the issue by Nation/State and see what policies various bodies had and how they intentional (or unintentional) harmed members or a racial group. I personally think race is as irrelevant as hair color, but I accept that many people still identify by race so its important to look at how people identify.

In America alone, all laws (until the last 50 years) were expressly written to favor whites. Not just against blacks, but against Natives and Asians. Again, until recently even our immigration policy had the open purpose of ensuring a white majority. These are all forms of racism.
November 21st, 2022 at 5:15:22 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
My other question is why you worry about it?
I titled it "Hey Whitey!" because "Dear White Parents "* offends me equally.
Quote:
but I walk around in the same world as you. I can be a target for this. You don't see me complaining about be targeted as a racist. I'm as easy to mistake for any other unknown white person.
Some people don't mind being accused of something they aren't guilty of, but some do. I am not one to give license just because it's the hip, progressive thing, An insult is an insult

*but not necessarily the preceding "Dear White People" which seems to have a comedy connection ... that I can be OK with
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 21st, 2022 at 6:06:53 PM permalink
rxwine
I find it odd to get agitated by the insult of being a racist unless it has too many grains of truth. We all have some levels of bias. But to what to degree? And do you try to minimize it or not?

I don't know if psychologists have ever found a completely unbiased person in numerous studies. Your brain organizes things to put like information with other like things so you can make sense of the world. But the more you don't bother to go into individual characteristics, the more likely you will be wrong about things. A biting animal does not tell you what you need to know. Run, fight, or just swat at it.

I do say, though, if you're being kicked while someone is saying a word, that is going to have bad associations fairly quick. So, there's that.
November 22nd, 2022 at 2:52:01 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I find it odd to get agitated by the insult of being a racist unless it has too many grains of truth.
A thinly veiled insult, speaking of insults.

Which is the risk, today, of standing up to Race Hustlers. If you don't think it's OK to be manipulated by them, why, you must be a Racist!

I'll leave this thread to those who want to continue with it, if that's anybody. Having made my point, I'm done.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 22nd, 2022 at 3:03:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
If you look at history, I don't think whites are the least racist. Europeans colonization hinged upon viewing subjugated groups that they were lesser.

Wasn't a matter of "thinking they were lesser." Was a matter of conquest. Europeans conquested each other for 1000 years before Columbus discovered America. It was not them saying, "these people are brown, we are better than that!" It was a matter of seeing land and saying, "we can make money with that!" It was centuries before Africa got colonized, trade was more profitable. Some peoples got traded with, others conquered. But "racism" had nothing to do with it. Honestly, I do not think anyone thought of the idea of "racism" until the 1950s.

Quote:
In America alone, all laws (until the last 50 years) were expressly written to favor whites. Not just against blacks, but against Natives and Asians. Again, until recently even our immigration policy had the open purpose of ensuring a white majority. These are all forms of racism.

Not designed for a "white majority" but to favor keeping the current demographic makeup. Pre-1964 almost all immigration to the USA came from just a very few places. Ireland, Germany, Italy, and Slaves. When I was a kid, that is what you were. Your whole school class was made up of these groups. Sometimes a really WASP kid, as well as maybe a black family and maybe some kind of Oriental one. But this was it across the land. As I have said elsewhere, nations generally do not want their ethnic makeup replaced with another. It rarely happens without violence and problems.

In 1964 this policy was completely reversed, after that it would favor other groups than those that were already here. I cannot say why, the USA then needed no new arrivals we had a baby boom providing all the people we needed. But change it did. Possibly some thinkers somewhere saw the baby boom ending the next few years and Europe not having enough people to send, but who knows.
The President is a fink.
November 22nd, 2022 at 7:17:01 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
A thinly veiled insult, speaking of insults.

Which is the risk, today, of standing up to Race Hustlers. If you don't think it's OK to be manipulated by them, why, you must be a Racist!

I'll leave this thread to those who want to continue with it, if that's anybody. Having made my point, I'm done.

Well, I don't know what you are or aren't. I've been called all sort of names. I believe you are a game hunter. I don't expect you to hide from fanatical vegans and animal rights activists if that's your position. If you don't want to challenge them, then don't make a position public. They might call you names.

As to "race hustlers" or anyone else. I'm not going to defend any particular position I've haven't heard, no matter what it's about or who it's from.

And as to race in America, what if actual descendants of slaves or Japanese Americans interred asked an eye for an eye justice. We imprisoned and enslaved innocent people so innocent descendants of those who did, will have to endure the same. You only get off the penalty if you had no relatives here at the time. Being innocent doesn't cut it. So were they. You have to pay for the sins of your fathers.

We got off easy. Celebrate your good fortunate. You get to gripe about someone taking a job you deserved.
Page 4 of 4<1234