Closing the border won't stop fentanyl

Page 1 of 41234>
December 28th, 2022 at 5:11:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Closing the border won't stop fentanyl. People pushing that idea need to wise up.

According to Google, fentanyl street price is around $40. One standard size counterfeit pill can easily carry double the lethal does or more.

One pigeon can carry 30 to 60 grams of weight. That's a lot of drug.

Story from 7 years ago.

Cocaine carrier pigeons are the latest drug smuggling technique

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/cocaine-smuggling-carrier-pigeons#:~:text=Pigeons%20weigh%20between%20300%20and,about%2030%20to%2050%20grams.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 28th, 2022 at 6:30:34 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
No question closing the border would help slow the flow, but the administration has no intentention to do so. Gaining future democrat voters is more important to them, than saving American lives.

'Drug Enforcement Administration Announces the Seizure of Over 379 million Deadly Doses of Fentanyl in 2022'

There aren't enough pigeons in the world to carry that much.

'In 2022, DEA seized more than double the amount of fentanyl-laced, fake prescription pills that it seized in 2021. DEA also seized nearly 131,000 pounds of methamphetamine, more than 4,300 pounds of heroin, and over 444,000 pounds of cocaine.'

100,000 Americans dead every year due to these drugs, while the administration lets the cartels earn billions in drug and human trafficking.

This is solely the fault of the majority of American voters, who voted for this crap. Getting exactly what they deserve.

Drug deaths are the main reason SCI has been moving up post pandemic.
December 28th, 2022 at 7:18:27 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

This is solely the fault of the majority of American voters, who voted for this crap. Getting exactly what they deserve.

Drug deaths are the main reason SCI has been moving up post pandemic.

i'm enjoying life, getting what I deserve ;-)
Sorry to hear you are getting crap
SCI???????
How did the String Cheese Incident get into this discussion
Being a music fan, instantly recognized SCI
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 28th, 2022 at 8:35:30 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
It depends on what you mean by closing the border. Completely closing the borders to everyone won't stop the problem. But, securing the border (where illegal crossing occur) where popular drug routes are would help.

Right now the reality on the Souther Border is drugs come up one way over the border and guns go down the other way, not good for anyone.

Yes, fentanyl and other drugs would still exist, but a major source would be cut off (that is assuming a 100% secure border including sea boundaries, which would be hard to achieve). But, even hyper-focusing on the southern border would make a dent.

I mean ideally Americans would just stop using opiates, but this does not seem obtainable sadly (in fact the trend seems to be going up despite all of the public knowledge of the harm which I find mind boggling).
December 28th, 2022 at 8:41:51 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

This is solely the fault of the majority of American voters, who voted for this crap. .

On the flip side
How many Republicans won Herman Cain awards
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/12/covid-deaths-anti-vaccine-republican-voters/672575/
How Many Republicans Died Because the GOP Turned Against Vaccines?
Party leaders are unquestionably complicit in the premature deaths of their own supporters.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 28th, 2022 at 8:52:04 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
On the flip side
How many Republicans won Herman Cain awards
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/12/covid-deaths-anti-vaccine-republican-voters/672575/
How Many Republicans Died Because the GOP Turned Against Vaccines?
Party leaders are unquestionably complicit in the premature deaths of their own supporters.

People willing to die in the fight for freedom from government control and censorship. In the US you call them down, in Iran you call them heroes.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 28th, 2022 at 9:01:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Gandler
It depends on what you mean by closing the border. Completely closing the borders to everyone won't stop the problem. But, securing the border (where illegal crossing occur) where popular drug routes are would help.

Right now the reality on the Souther Border is drugs come up one way over the border and guns go down the other way, not good for anyone.

Yes, fentanyl and other drugs would still exist, but a major source would be cut off (that is assuming a 100% secure border including sea boundaries, which would be hard to achieve). But, even hyper-focusing on the southern border would make a dent.

I mean ideally Americans would just stop using opiates, but this does not seem obtainable sadly (in fact the trend seems to be going up despite all of the public knowledge of the harm which I find mind boggling).

If you were entering any port into the US along the entire coastline, not just Southern area, how would you get drugs in?

I'd drop them overboard before even landing in port, anchored in diveable water with coordinates for any of numerous American pleasure boats to pick up at their leisure. I don't see any reasonable method of stopping small compact loads with massive amounts of valuable cargo that can be done with something like fentanyl. Probably happens here in Florida all the time.

The idea that we're doing anything but creating false representation of doing anything really useful is a farce. They can afford to lose shipments just to create distractions to take up enforcement staff.

The only way we are going to address this problem is from the inside of the border
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 28th, 2022 at 9:11:43 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
If you were entering any port into the US along the entire coastline, not just Southern area, how would you get drugs in?

I'd drop them overboard before even landing in port, anchored in diveable water with coordinates for any of numerous American pleasure boats to pick up at their leisure. I don't see any reasonable method of stopping small compact loads with massive amounts of valuable cargo that can be done with something like fentanyl. Probably happens here in Florida all the time.

The idea that we're doing anything but creating false representation of doing anything really useful is a farce. They can afford to lose shipments just to create distractions to take up enforcement staff.

The only way we are going to address this problem is from the inside of the border

Do you think the push to legalize opiates will solve the problem RX. The results in the places that have done it seem a little inconclusive to me.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 28th, 2022 at 9:13:44 AM permalink
rxwine
One kilogram of fentanyl has the potential to kill 500,000 people.

https://www.dea.gov/resources/facts-about-fentanyl

Imagine the load size needed to supply 500,000 people with marijuana? It's just a whole different smuggling ballgame. No chance of making a serious dent in the supply.
December 28th, 2022 at 9:18:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
Do you think the push to legalize opiates will solve the problem RX. The results in the places that have done it seem a little inconclusive to me.

It's going to create a different management problem that's also going to have costs. It might be the better of not great options though. I'd prefer another solution for harder drugs if there ever is one.
Page 1 of 41234>