Closing the border won't stop fentanyl

Page 3 of 4<1234>
December 29th, 2022 at 4:47:53 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
Probably just easier to hand out bribes.

Or spend 20 years building a distribution network. Get 16 trucks to run your product.
The President is a fink.
December 29th, 2022 at 5:33:06 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: kenarman
Do you think the push to legalize opiates will solve the problem RX. The results in the places that have done it seem a little inconclusive to me.

Legalization only leads to more abuse.

Oxicodone is legal, and look what happened with that.

Adderrall is the new Oxy. Not the same kind of drug, but highly addictive and users require increasing doses of the Class 2 controlled substance, which requires repeated visits to their doctors for ever stronger prescriptions. A cash cow.

Once anyone is on these drugs, their brain will never be the same. Even if they quit.

Besides, any time the government doesn't enforce the law, it is technically legal.

Anyone caught carrying any amount of Meth or Fentanyl in NYC is released without bail.

It is chemical warfare from China and Mexico, the the dem regime is deliberately allowing it to continue.

They succeeded in dumbing down the population to where the average IQ in the US is three points higher than a trained gorilla. Expect it go go lower.
December 29th, 2022 at 6:40:57 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

Anyone caught carrying any amount of Meth or Fentanyl in NYC is released without bail.

Thats how the system works.
If the system determines you will show up for court, you get released without bail
We dont have room in our jails for people awaiting trial except for the most violent offenders
Are republicans demanding higher taxes to increase jail capacity?????????????
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 8th, 2023 at 11:15:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't know why i forgot this possibility. Drones.

A thousand-dollar drone can carry those 500,000 doses of fentynal right from the Gulf of Mexico a few miles out. Land in the darkness. Can fly low enough to not be tracked, but even if tracked likely the smugglers would get away. Very economical for as much as drug cartels are normally spending in assets.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 8th, 2023 at 4:45:57 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined

If the system determines you will show up for court, you get released without bail
We dont have room in our jails for people awaiting trial except for the most violent offenders

I can think of a dozen programs to cut to fund enough prison space for criminals who fail to
post bail.
February 8th, 2023 at 5:43:09 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO

I can think of a dozen programs to cut to fund enough prison space for criminals who fail to
post bail.

Only a dozen?????????????????
Lol
How about thousands of special earmarks from both sides of the aisle
It's a fantasy to think only Dems spend
This is how the real world works. Republicans cut spending on something just means more earmarks in their district or state, not more jails.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 8th, 2023 at 5:50:25 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

post bail.

Only a dozen?????????????????
Lol
How about thousands of special earmarks from both sides of the aisle
It's a fantasy to think only Dems spend

What in my post makes you think I can only think of ‘Democrat’ programs? You threw out a bakers dozen of question marks without even thinking about the point of my post. I’ll make it simple for you. Keeping criminals in jail should be a priority for our legislators/government.
February 9th, 2023 at 3:32:55 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
I can think of a dozen programs to cut to fund enough prison space for criminals who fail to post bail.

There’s plenty of space. Thanks to the ’justice reforms’ written by the Albany politicians representing Bizzarro World, and signed by Cuomo, the NYS prison population declined from 51,466 in 2017, to 15,721 today. It was 63,780 when the dems took over in 2007. Sixteen of those released under Cuomo, were cop killers.

69% of criminal cases in NYC are tossed.

Four of the five NYC DA’s will not fight parole and are not prosecuting anyone for prison time.

There hasn’t been a murder trial in Manhattan in six years. The DA allows the accused to plead to Man 2, for a 12 year sentence. Best place in America to commit murder.

All of this is extremely popular with the Bizzaro World voters and village idiots.
February 9th, 2023 at 4:22:44 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
"Drug Enforcement Administration Announces the Seizure of Over 379 million Deadly Doses of Fentanyl in 2022"

Tanko, that could keep the price high by removing supply, thereby ensuring more production, trafficking, and duration.

It has the effect of a huge buyer entering the market and buying the supply.

It's an economic principle.

We have already gone through this too.

The only way to combat this effectively to save life, is through the minds and human spirits of the target market (demand).

If the market price drops close to zero, then it won't be economically feasible.
February 9th, 2023 at 5:03:28 AM permalink
terapined
There’s plenty of space. Thanks to the ’justice reforms’ written by the Albany politicians representing Bizzarro World, and signed by Cuomo, the NYS prison population declined from 51,466 in 2017, to 15,721 today. It was 63,780 when the dems took over in 2007. Sixteen of those released under Cuomo, were cop killers.

69% of criminal cases in NYC are tossed.

Four of the five NYC DA’s will not fight parole and are not prosecuting anyone for prison time.

There hasn’t been a murder trial in Manhattan in six years. The DA allows the accused to plead to Man 2, for a 12 year sentence. Best place in America to commit murder.

All of this is extremely popular with the Bizzaro World voters and village idiots.

Yet you still live there
Proves it ain't so bad :-)
Planning a NYC visit on my upcoming RV travels
Page 3 of 4<1234>