The Biden Presidency 2023

Page 4 of 55<1234567>Last »
January 11th, 2023 at 7:42:17 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
I don't think either President Trump or Biden are responsible for some loose documents among their office materials from their tenue. I think that's perfectly reasonable. Loose documents outside of office materials out of his same office materials would be unusual.

The problem with Trump is almost completely his actions after they were already handling his situation giving him plenty of leniancy. Or in his case, plenty of rope was given to him to settle the situation relatively quietly. All I can say, wtf, with Trump's handling of his own situation. He totally F***** himself.

I mentioned this to my wife. She gave the same ‘but Trump is worse’ answer. Then she thought about it. And posited this…. If she took a book out from the local library there is a record of it. Who has it. When it is due back. The National Archives are not even as competent as the Williamsville Public Library? Seriously?

I mean just think about this….. Biden had top secret documents in an office that NO ONE seemed to know about? NO ONE in authority knows where ALL ‘top secret’ documents are at all times? Or ‘classified’. Or whatever we call them. They were ONLY found because the office was being closed? I don’t in any way think Biden had bad intentions. Just so incompetent.
January 11th, 2023 at 7:54:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
I mentioned this to my wife. She gave the same ‘but Trump is worse’ answer. Then she thought about it. And posited this…. If she took a book out from the local library there is a record of it. Who has it. When it is due back. The National Archives are not even as competent as the Williamsville Public Library? Seriously?

I mean just think about this….. Biden had top secret documents in an office that NO ONE seemed to know about? NO ONE in authority knows where ALL ‘top secret’ documents are at all times? Or ‘classified’. Or whatever we call them. They were ONLY found because the office was being closed? I don’t in any way think Biden had bad intentions. Just so incompetent.

Aside from whatever else, Presidents have to deal with constant incoming events. Which is why I have to give leeway to actual tracking of every document he handles. I usually put keys and everything else in the same place when i come home, but if something distracts me like the phone ringing I may set them down anywhere and not have any idea where. Document tracking is a clerical job particularly in a job like that. But that doesn't apply to what a lot of what Trump is accused of doing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 12th, 2023 at 10:23:56 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Have to wonder whether his own party is setting him up.

Now Biden's lawyer has suddenly discovered more classified documents in Biden's home and garage. No need for one of those Normandy style FBI raids with dozens of agents armed with assault rifles, stun grenades and armored vehicles.. No mention how many documents were found. No mention whether any were chewed to shreds by his two nasty dogs.

Not that it matters, since the regime is going to install whomever it wants, this September poll has Michelle Obama as the democrat voters choice if Biden doesn't run. Followed by AOC. Page 24.

The regime's most likely choice, Newsom, is way down the list. Below Beto O'rourke.
January 12th, 2023 at 10:29:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Special counsel appointed to investigate Biden's loose documents. Sounds good to me. Now we get to see Biden's case next to Trumps. Good luck with that Trumpies.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 12th, 2023 at 11:44:19 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Can’t help but get the feeling that righties are…. disappointed with this special counsel announcement?

Almost like they wanted Gym Jordan and his loonies to be able to run a phony investigation in the House and set the narrative or something…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 12th, 2023 at 11:52:56 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I get the feeling the spy community is saying amongst themselves, " oh yeah, you find all kinds of classified stuff in garages and places like that, these POTUS people keep a bunch of stuff for souvenirs, you know"

this picture purports to show Biden's stack

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 12th, 2023 at 11:54:35 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: ams288
Can’t help but get the feeling that righties are…. disappointed with this special counsel announcement?

Almost like they wanted Gym Jordan and his loonies to be able to run a phony investigation in the House and set the narrative or something…

Since Biden's case is likely going to be, "so, you had a meeting here and this document was brought out and left behind" "Yes, or "Probably" and legitimately "I don't remember for sure, but probably."

I don't know what else they can possibly implicate him with since it is unlikely he was trying to keep them like trophies like someone else we know or play hide&seek with the FBI or archives.
January 12th, 2023 at 4:08:26 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Since Biden's case is likely going to be, "so, you had a meeting here and this document was brought out and left behind" "Yes, or "Probably" and legitimately "I don't remember for sure, but probably."

I don't know what else they can possibly implicate him with since it is unlikely he was trying to keep them like trophies like someone else we know or play hide&seek with the FBI or archives.

They have tapes of Biden saying. …. “Please put the files with the Russian double agents behind my Vette’s left rear bumper”. “Put the Saudi secret agent info files near the spare tire.”

But seriously, how can classified documents not be returned to a secure location immediately after use? Who thought it was OK to dump them in a garage?

I see George Santos is ok with the GarageGate episode….
January 13th, 2023 at 9:04:33 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Did they find the tapes of Zelensky peeing in Biden’s mouth yet?
January 13th, 2023 at 12:21:34 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: SOOPOO

Politics aside, as someone who at one time dealt with classified documents it is disturbing how irresponsible top government figures are with classified information. I am sure I am not the only one here who had a job with a government security clearance. I haven't handled classified documents in decades and obviously much has changed, but here is how it worked at a major defense contractor circa 1990.

If I needed a classified document (CD) I went to our project Document Control guy and asked for it. He would verify that I had the proper clearance and confirm my "need to know". To be fair, if you worked on the project, your need to know was not really scrutinized but you had to state one. A controlled document on our project was a piece of microfilm embedded in an IBM card. (yes, I'm old). The card was signed out to me and I took it to a machine to get a print made, then immediately returned the card to document control. There was no record or tracking of the print made from the card or even how many copies were made, but once I had one, it was an albatross around my neck. I could not leave it laying around or even lock it in my desk drawer, I certainly could not take it home. If I wasn't using the document, I could put it in one of several safes designated for the purpose but only a few people had access to the safes. Or I could throw it in a steel disposal container exclusively for CDs.

Every year I had to attend a briefing where security experts would lecture us on these rules and practices and remind us the consequences if we strayed from the rules including federal prosecution. It was a pain but we lived by these rules. Why can't the top people? The very idea that multiple CDs could ever end up in a resort office or someone's garage is incomprehensible to me. Surely it is someone's job at the white house to take care of the president's CDs.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
Page 4 of 55<1234567>Last »