The Biden Presidency 2023

January 13th, 2023 at 1:06:03 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: JimRockford
Politics aside, as someone who at one time dealt with classified documents it is disturbing how irresponsible top government figures are with classified information. I am sure I am not the only one here who had a job with a government security clearance. I haven't handled classified documents in decades and obviously much has changed, but here is how it worked at a major defense contractor circa 1990.

If I needed a classified document (CD) I went to our project Document Control guy and asked for it. He would verify that I had the proper clearance and confirm my "need to know". To be fair, if you worked on the project, your need to know was not really scrutinized but you had to state one. A controlled document on our project was a piece of microfilm embedded in an IBM card. (yes, I'm old). The card was signed out to me and I took it to a machine to get a print made, then immediately returned the card to document control. There was no record or tracking of the print made from the card or even how many copies were made, but once I had one, it was an albatross around my neck. I could not leave it laying around or even lock it in my desk drawer, I certainly could not take it home. If I wasn't using the document, I could put it in one of several safes designated for the purpose but only a few people had access to the safes. Or I could throw it in a steel disposal container exclusively for CDs.

Every year I had to attend a briefing where security experts would lecture us on these rules and practices and remind us the consequences if we strayed from the rules including federal prosecution. It was a pain but we lived by these rules. Why can't the top people? The very idea that multiple CDs could ever end up in a resort office or someone's garage is incomprehensible to me. Surely it is someone's job at the white house to take care of the president's CDs.

I agree with this, that is the issue with Presidents not being required to get a security clearance (well I would guess neither Biden nor Trump would probably be granted one -if they went through the standard process-, so that would be an issue). Obama may be the only recent President that would have been fine (security clearnce wise) when he was running.
January 14th, 2023 at 1:41:32 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
It's time for the Harris Presidency 2023
Come on right wingers
Join the chorus
President Harris
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 14th, 2023 at 4:42:17 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
It's time for the Harris Presidency 2023
Come on right wingers
Join the chorus
President Harris

I would have been on the Harris bandwagon, but didn't Franco Harris just die?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 25th, 2023 at 7:59:20 AM permalink
terapined
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/biden-rolls-out-renters-bill-of-rights-as-lawmakers-push-for-federal-rent-control-laws-133846254.html

I call them like I see them
I don t agree with Biden on this
If you dont own the property, you have to deal with the going rate of rent in the market
The free market should determine rent
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 25th, 2023 at 5:15:23 PM permalink
terapined
Republicans are making sure Biden wins 2024
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republicans-proposal-that-would-increase-sales-tax-to-30-gains-steam/ar-AA16Kkbz?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=fb38648ac1f545ef8288c66454819985
February 3rd, 2023 at 5:58:22 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote:
+517k on payrolls, unemployment rate down to 3.4%

Holy moly this job market is incredible.

This recession is absolutely horrible.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 3rd, 2023 at 6:31:31 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288
This recession is absolutely horrible.

:-)
My Meta stock went up 20% yesterday
Incredible 1 day gain
February 3rd, 2023 at 10:05:01 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: JimRockford
Politics aside, as someone who at one time dealt with classified documents it is disturbing how irresponsible top government figures are with classified information. I am sure I am not the only one here who had a job with a government security clearance. I haven't handled classified documents in decades and obviously much has changed, but here is how it worked at a major defense contractor circa 1990.

If I needed a classified document (CD) I went to our project Document Control guy and asked for it. He would verify that I had the proper clearance and confirm my "need to know". To be fair, if you worked on the project, your need to know was not really scrutinized but you had to state one. A controlled document on our project was a piece of microfilm embedded in an IBM card. (yes, I'm old). The card was signed out to me and I took it to a machine to get a print made, then immediately returned the card to document control. There was no record or tracking of the print made from the card or even how many copies were made, but once I had one, it was an albatross around my neck. I could not leave it laying around or even lock it in my desk drawer, I certainly could not take it home. If I wasn't using the document, I could put it in one of several safes designated for the purpose but only a few people had access to the safes. Or I could throw it in a steel disposal container exclusively for CDs.

Every year I had to attend a briefing where security experts would lecture us on these rules and practices and remind us the consequences if we strayed from the rules including federal prosecution. It was a pain but we lived by these rules. Why can't the top people? The very idea that multiple CDs could ever end up in a resort office or someone's garage is incomprehensible to me. Surely it is someone's job at the white house to take care of the president's CDs.

Very good post, TY.

My concern is if the recent episode of classified documents pertain to Ukraine (before the war).

There has been some issues about personal business dealings within Ukraine and with Biden family members.

I was aware of the business dealings before the war began, so I immediately sensed a connection.

I knew it could be coincidence though.
February 3rd, 2023 at 10:19:21 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Another strange thing is, it was as if the MSM turned against President Biden.

I haven't seen that before.

Then there's a string of very unusual wacky news coming out, like bio-med labs in Ukraine (Covid?) and Hunter news, etc.

Just weird news all of the sudden.
February 7th, 2023 at 5:34:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Although I like engaging in politics discussion, I don't have much interest in watching State of the Union. I like it about as much as an award show. You really just watch for a performance, or something unusual, not all other ceremony and crap that makes it 50% longer than necessary.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?