The Biden Presidency 2023

February 7th, 2023 at 5:43:16 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Smart.

It's hard to watch a strong man become so weak.
February 7th, 2023 at 5:55:07 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Although I like engaging in politics discussion, I don't have much interest in watching State of the Union. I like it about as much as an award show. You really just watch for a performance, or something unusual, not all other ceremony and crap that makes it 50% longer than necessary.

I can’t imagine being bored enough to want to watch any president’s SotU address.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 7th, 2023 at 6:14:32 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
I can’t imagine being bored enough to want to watch any president’s SotU address.

I remember back in the old days of only 3 networks and they all covered it.
Sucked.
With today's vast amount of entertainment choices, gotta be a nut to watch the SOTU
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 11th, 2023 at 4:04:33 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Is Biden a genius or what
Now the republicans are all in on Social Sec and Medicare
lol
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/scott-announces-new-social-security-medicare-bill-amid-biden-feud/ar-AA17ltCU?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=54f9c9105565489aa8e06271739d67c1
Rick Scott (R-Fla.) announced a new bill on Friday to increase funding for Social Security and Medicare and institute a higher standard for making cuts to the entitlement programs, following President Biden’s pointed accusations during his annual address before Congress on Tuesday.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 11th, 2023 at 4:53:47 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: terapined
Is Biden a genius or what
Now the republicans are all in on Social Sec and Medicare
lol
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/scott-announces-new-social-security-medicare-bill-amid-biden-feud/ar-AA17ltCU?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=54f9c9105565489aa8e06271739d67c1
Rick Scott (R-Fla.) announced a new bill on Friday to increase funding for Social Security and Medicare and institute a higher standard for making cuts to the entitlement programs, following President Biden’s pointed accusations during his annual address before Congress on Tuesday.

I wouldn’t call Biden a genius but it is kind of amazing how he got social security and Medicare cuts completely off the table. The GOP has had their knives out for them for ages…
February 13th, 2023 at 5:13:12 PM permalink
ams288
After a lot of incredibly STUPID complaints from righties about Biden taking too long to take down the Chinese balloon, tonight Fox News is now saying Biden is shooting too many things out of the sky.
February 14th, 2023 at 4:27:50 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: ams288
After a lot of incredibly STUPID complaints from righties about Biden taking too long to take down the Chinese balloon, tonight Fox News is now saying Biden is shooting too many things out of the sky.

If the information I heard this morning is correct the Chinese balloon could have been carrying a 2000lb payload. NASA estimated the possible spread of the debris field. I doubt if I would have taken a chance shooting that one down over any sparsely populated area. If debris had injured or killed even 1 person, you know none of the people saying shoot it down would have spoken up for Biden's action then.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 14th, 2023 at 5:50:35 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The had ample opportunities to down the first balloon over Alaskan waters and over sparsely populated areas.

Trump would have shot the S#$t out of that thing. Everybody knows that.

If debris fields are a concern, the Chinese now know they can safely fly these things over the Pentagon, Capitol Building and the Whitehouse any time they want.

Very reassuring for Taiwan. This may be the year.

The first balloon they shot down, landed nearly intact. The debris seen floating down were ballon fabric. They were sure not to damage the payload.

No reason to use explosives. Just pierce the balloon with an unarmed missile.

One of those $400K sidewinders, missed the target over Lake Huron. Pilot had to fire a second.

These last four balloons suddenly popping up out of nowhere, could be our own, sent up for Biden to shoot down, like a carnival game, to cover his ass over waiting a week to shoot down the first.
February 14th, 2023 at 5:56:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Tanko

These last four balloons suddenly popping up out of nowhere, could be our own, sent up for Biden to shoot down, like a carnival game, to cover his ass over waiting a week to shoot down the first.

I don't think he's that worried about improving his reputation among his critic's kneejerk responses.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 14th, 2023 at 6:01:57 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Tanko
Trump would have shot the S#$t out of that thing. Everybody knows that.

Anybody who “knows that” is probably not very smart, seeing as his administration failed to shoot down multiple balloons during his term. They didn’t even know they were there! lol

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/02/05/politics/chinese-spy-balloons-trump-administration/index.html