The Biden Presidency 2023

March 11th, 2023 at 2:38:39 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-expected-approve-enormous-oil-133809860.html
The Biden administration is expected to soon push ahead with a massive northern Alaska oil drilling project that is forecasted to create thousands of jobs and 600 million barrels of oil over its 30-year lifespan, according to multiple reports.

Any rightys here want to give kudos to Biden :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 11th, 2023 at 4:59:28 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: terapined
The Biden administration is expected to soon push ahead with a massive northern Alaska oil drilling project that is forecasted to create thousands of jobs and 600 million barrels of oil over its 30-year lifespan, according to multiple reports.

Quote: link
activists argued it would have a devastating impact on the environment.
I think we have to call this a flip-flop
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 11th, 2023 at 7:15:58 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined

You bet! Anything that allows for increased domestic production of oil/natural gas until we can markedly expand our use of renewables is good. Increased supply (should?) lead to lower costs for energy as well.

Is the ‘Biden administration’ actually going to be involved in this ‘massive drilling project’ or is it just going to allow Big Oil to do the drilling?

Edit…. And even if it is a ‘flip flop’ as Odious says, so what? The ability to assess new information and admit mistakes and make changes is what we want in our leaders.
June 21st, 2023 at 2:49:12 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
An excellent advertisement for the Biden economy.

Righties just can’t fathom why democratic policies don’t wreck the economy like GOP policies always do… it must be fake!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 21st, 2023 at 2:53:52 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Okay but is Biden responsible for heating up the ocean so much?
June 21st, 2023 at 2:59:50 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Elon is a Libertarian.

Not sure about the other guy.

PEG (Price / Earnings Growth) should be about 1.0 in an average valued economy.

PEG of 2.0 is rich.

Can click on image to expand.

PEG Heat Map:

---------------------

https://imgur.com/YpRzy7F

---------------------
June 21st, 2023 at 3:06:02 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: rquiredusername
Okay but is Biden responsible for heating up the ocean so much?

No?
June 22nd, 2023 at 2:37:34 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Right now Biden's only concern regarding the 2024 vote should be inflation. If it can be kept in check he will have no worries. I predict it is going to be high over the next few years but as long as it stays under 10% until the election he will be fine.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 25th, 2023 at 6:23:14 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote is from the Atlantic.

"The propaganda used in Putin’s Russia has been designed in part for this purpose. The constant provision of absurd, conflicting explanations and ridiculous lies—the famous “firehose of falsehoods”— encourages many people to believe that there is no truth at all. The result is widespread cynicism. If you don’t know what’s true, after all, then there isn’t anything you can do about it. Protest is pointless. Engagement is useless."

Sounds just like what Biden's communists do. I guess Putin showed Biden how to do it.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 25th, 2023 at 8:34:26 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: kenarman
Quote is from the Atlantic.

"The propaganda used in Putin’s Russia has been designed in part for this purpose. The constant provision of absurd, conflicting explanations and ridiculous lies—the famous “firehose of falsehoods”— encourages many people to believe that there is no truth at all. The result is widespread cynicism. If you don’t know what’s true, after all, then there isn’t anything you can do about it. Protest is pointless. Engagement is useless."

Sounds just like what Biden's communists do. I guess Putin showed Biden how to do it.

Sure, Jan.