Docu0gate I and II

Page 3 of 4<1234>
January 24th, 2023 at 9:40:59 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Docugate III has arrived.

Quote:
New via CNN: A lawyer for former Vice President Mike Pence discovered about a dozen documents marked as classified at Pence’s Indiana home last week, and he has turned those classified records over to the FBI.

lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 24th, 2023 at 11:03:35 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I am more convinced than ever that these guys at this level take these things home for souvenirs, realizing [correctly for the longest time I bet] that it was a 'wink and a nod' thing for the justice dept.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 24th, 2023 at 1:36:21 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Docugate III has arrived.

lol

So now the House will be forming a new Committee to fairly investigate all 3 dodos simultaneously! I can’t wait for the report that newly appointed Chairman Santos will be issuing!
January 24th, 2023 at 4:16:01 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
In my view this (all of these cases) just shows that those at the top (regardless of party) feel that they are exempt from security regulations.

All of these high-level politicians doing things that would not only be career ending, but criminal charge inducing to members of the military (even to a fraction of the scale). But, none of these examples will face criminal charges (nor will they face actual career consequences, their respective parties will defend them to the end).
January 24th, 2023 at 4:45:58 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Gandler
In my view this (all of these cases) just shows that those at the top (regardless of party) feel that they are exempt from security regulations.

All of these high-level politicians doing things that would not only be career ending, but criminal charge inducing to members of the military (even to a fraction of the scale). But, none of these examples will face criminal charges (nor will they face actual career consequences, their respective parties will defend them to the end).

My opinion is just that they are all incompetent.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 24th, 2023 at 5:10:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'm not even sure how many times I've ever seen Presidents carrying their own briefcases going from place to place. Assuming they may keep working on the same thing when they're on tight schedules, it makes sense someone else gathers up materials and carries whatever unfinished work he may want to the next place if he wasn't finished with it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 24th, 2023 at 5:31:32 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: DRich
My opinion is just that they are all incompetent.

I don't disagree, but such incompetence would be criminal (literally) in the military. But, when high level officials do, it is just a brief scandal and people move on. It is a perfect example of rules for some but not for others.
January 24th, 2023 at 5:57:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Gandler
I don't disagree, but such incompetence would be criminal (literally) in the military. But, when high level officials do, it is just a brief scandal and people move on. It is a perfect example of rules for some but not for others.

I don't see it this way. Executives may have to deal with classified related happenings anywhere and have to give okays to things that are going on. They can't just head back to the nearest scif every time. I believe Presidents had to personally give okay for terrorist hits in citizen populated areas in Afghanistan for instance. Who knows what else.

That still doesn't mean Trump didn't take it way beyond just leaving classified documents around that were handed to him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 24th, 2023 at 7:19:31 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
I don't see it this way. Executives may have to deal with classified related happenings anywhere and have to give okays to things that are going on. They can't just head back to the nearest scif every time. I believe Presidents had to personally give okay for terrorist hits in citizen populated areas in Afghanistan for instance. Who knows what else.

That still doesn't mean Trump didn't take it way beyond just leaving classified documents around that were handed to him.

Trumps documents were in a secure and locked room at his place in Florida. It is Biden that left documents lying in his garage and other unsecured areas where his crooked son Hunter had access to them.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 24th, 2023 at 7:52:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
Trumps documents were in a secure and locked room at his place in Florida. It is Biden that left documents lying in his garage and other unsecured areas where his crooked son Hunter had access to them.

You mean the documents Trump kept for months even after he was told they needed to go back. Same documents that were on security cameras being moved by some unknown person from room to room.

Aside from that, a locked room at Mar-a-lago is not considered secure for top secret documents. So that doesn't even matter.
Page 3 of 4<1234>