Page 1 of 101234>Last »
March 13th, 2023 at 7:54:08 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Johnny Ringo. LOL

Truth or Fable?

----------------------------------------

Get Woke, Go Broke

Get Woke, Go Broke is a phrase coined by the internationally bestselling author John Ringo to express the opinion that when organizations "get woke" to politically correct actions, those same actions usually result in a massive loss of income.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Get%20Woke%2C%20Go%20Broke

---------------------------------------
March 15th, 2023 at 2:35:20 AM permalink
DoubleGold
We don't know if Pelosi's nephew (by marriage) broke a law yet, but it certainly looks like he could have.

I'd think he'd have to disclose his conflict of interest and then recuse himself.

In regards to being woke, Pelosi's nephew is the King of Woke.

In this case, Newsom was financially saved by Biden, so he didn't go broke, but the bank did.

-------------------------------------------------------

Newsom has deeper ties to Silicon Valley Bank than he let on, report says

March 14, 2023
Three wineries owned by California Gov. Gavin Newsom are clients of Silicon Valley Bank, and the governor has maintained personal accounts at the institution "for years," according to a Tuesday report from The Intercept.

The news that Newsom has had personal accounts at the bank was revealed by a former staffer who spoke to The Intercept on the condition of anonymity. The three Newsom-owned wineries, CADE, Odette and Plumpjack, are listed as clients on the bank's website.

The report also said that a Silicon Valley Bank executive made a $100,000 donation to the California Partners Project — a charity founded by Newsom's wife, Jennifer Siebel Newsom — at the behest of the governor and that a bank executive sits on the charity's board of directors.
"Over the last 48 hours, I have been in touch with the highest levels of leadership at the White House and Treasury," he said in a statement Saturday. "Everyone is working with FDIC to stabilize the situation as quickly as possible, to protect jobs, people’s livelihoods, and the entire innovation ecosystem that has served as a tent pole for our economy.”
https://www.sfgate.com/tech/article/gavin-newsom-ties-to-silicon-valley-bank-17838746.php

--------------------------------------------
March 15th, 2023 at 3:02:49 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
the charges that the bank was totally mismanaged with the blessings of the regulators, like-minded in matters of ESG investing, is making it into respectable media

Quote: link
“This isn’t greed, necessarily, at the bank level,” said Danny Moses, an investor at Moses Ventures known for his role in predicting the 2008 financial crisis in the book and movie “The Big Short.” “It’s just bad risk management,” Mr. Moses added. “It was complete and utter bad risk management on the part of SVB.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/14/business/silicon-valley-bank-gregory-becker.html
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 15th, 2023 at 3:25:15 AM permalink
DoubleGold
As I post this, CS is tanking (material weakness).

True, they had recent scandals and got on the wrong side of inflation, but investing in imaginary climate change for a bank is a no-no.

They needed the cash allocated to climate change to cover their overhead and investment losses.

-----------------------------------------

Credit Suisse publishes Climate Action Plan for its investment areas

Steven Bates, Head of Sustainability Analysis and Solutions, Wealth Managment said: “Through our Climate Action Plan we have set out a pathway to accelerate climate action through our investment activity. Our clients have a growing appetite and expectation of us, and we are committed to incorporating greater environmental and social considerations into the decision-making process in our pursuit of net zero. Partnership is critical to our success and fundamental to our approach.”
https://www.credit-suisse.com/about-us-news/en/articles/media-releases/credit-suisse-publishes-climate-action-plan-for-its-investment-a-202212.html

-----------------------------------------
March 19th, 2023 at 2:34:45 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Credit Suisse was taken under by UBS Bank today ($3.2B).

Here is (or was) the head of global markets for Credit Suisse (see link).

I don't understand it, but it looks like he's a normal man that dresses up as a woman and calls himself different names.

I don't know if he's mentally sick, but I wonder if he is the best for the job.

If he is the best for the job (knowing the bank failed), then I'd leave him in there.

But I can understand why they went belly up.

Because woke is broke.

https://www.newsweek.com/pips-bunce-credit-suisse-executive-gender-fluid-identity-bank-1788557

March 19th, 2023 at 4:49:03 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit
the charges that the bank was totally mismanaged with the blessings of the regulators, like-minded in matters of ESG investing, is making it into respectable media

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/14/business/silicon-valley-bank-gregory-becker.html

Sourcing behind a paywall isnt a good source
What particular ESG investment???????????
This is related to interest rates, not ESG investments, is my understanding listening to coffeezilla
Coffezilla free to view and he knows his shit
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 19th, 2023 at 4:52:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The whole woke thing is so over and it's about time. I read a survey they did anonymously of people who work in the part of the company that hires new employees and most of them say that if somebody submits an application with pronouns on it they go to the bottom of the list automatically. Because they've learned those people are nothing but problems and that's the last thing you want to do is hire somebody that you think is going to be nothing but problems. If you put pronouns that you must be called on the application what you're saying to that employer is lawsuit lawsuit lawsuit. These woke people are so incredibly stupid did they really think the thing was going to last? The majority of the country thinks it's insane. Now that a lot of the comedians are finally speaking out against it that's the nail in the coffin right there. They're openly making fun of wokeness which you could not do just a year ago. Someplace along the line it jumped the shark as it had to.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 19th, 2023 at 5:10:40 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
The whole woke thing is so over and it's about time. I read a survey they did anonymously of people who work in the part of the company that hires new employees and most of them say that if somebody submits an application with pronouns on it they go to the bottom of the list automatically. Because they've learned those people are nothing but problems and that's the last thing you want to do is hire somebody that you think is going to be nothing but problems. If you put pronouns that you must be called on the application what you're saying to that employer is lawsuit lawsuit lawsuit. These woke people are so incredibly stupid did they really think the thing was going to last? The majority of the country thinks it's insane. Now that a lot of the comedians are finally speaking out against it that's the nail in the coffin right there. They're openly making fun of wokeness which you could not do just a year ago. Someplace along the line it jumped the shark as it had to.

I don't know if big companies are doing that, but if it was my company and I was hiring those candidates would lose a tie breaker because of that. I also considered age when hiring.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 19th, 2023 at 6:12:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
I don't know if big companies are doing that, but if it was my company and I was hiring those candidates would lose a tie breaker because of that. I also considered age when hiring.

If somebody wants to put that they are a trouble making moron on their application a company has every right to put them at the bottom of the pile. I knew somebody who worked in HR for a large company years ago long before this and even then they looked for red flags and those people were never even considered in the hiring process. Companies are not stupid they aren't going to hire troublemakers on purpose. And if you are insisting on being called by a certain pronoun you've got trouble tattoo'd on your forehead.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 19th, 2023 at 7:36:21 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
If somebody wants to put that they are a trouble making moron on their application a company has every right to put them at the bottom of the pile. I knew somebody who worked in HR for a large company years ago long before this and even then they looked for red flags and those people were never even considered in the hiring process. Companies are not stupid they aren't going to hire troublemakers on purpose. And if you are insisting on being called by a certain pronoun you've got trouble tattoo'd on your forehead.

It may be ‘wrong’ to discriminate against someone due to their ‘pronoun’ choice, but of course it happens. Probably analogous to women 50 years ago. And African Americans until a few decades ago. But if giving advice to someone looking for a job, I’d highly encourage ‘they’ to use either ‘he’ or ‘she’. I’m guessing 0 Fortune 500 CEOs or CFOs or COOs go by the pronoun ‘they’. I could be wrong.
Page 1 of 101234>Last »